cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Back up camera

Scott204
Explorer
Explorer
Been looking into a back up camera for my TV to make hitching easier. I have seen quite a few systems on ebay but look like they maybe Chinese knock offs. Has anyone ever tried one of them? The price is tempting. If not what systems has everyone tried
TV: 2011 Ford F150 SCREW 4x4 Ecoboost
TT: 2014 Prime Time Avenger 27BBS
13 REPLIES 13

wrenchbender
Explorer
Explorer
I have an I BALL and love it,its paid for itself many times.The portability is what makes it for me.I use it to back into spaces by attaching the camera to the TT when needed.

Iraqvet05
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a Chinese TFT monitor, 20โ€™ RCA cable and a license bracket camera off of eBay 2 years ago and the system still works fine even after going thru the car wash multiple times. The monitor or camera stops working occasionally when the outside temps drop in the single digits but for the $50 I spent it has been a great investment.
2017 Ford F-250 6.2 gas
2018 Jayco 28BHBE

US Army veteran

2012Coleman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Jack_Diane_Freedom wrote:
Take a look at i-bal cameras on their web site.
X2 - took me one time to get used to using this for solo hook-ips. My wife just watched in amazement when hooking up to leave a CG. Here is their web site.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

MontanaCamper
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a Pyle. the reason I did was I can change from two different cameras...one at the back of the truck...and one in the back of the trailer. Makes seeing the DW a lot better...less arguing...

ohh, and the Pyle is 7 inch screen
'07 301BHS FOR SALE
'07 Dodge 2500 w/5.9L SOLD
'96 wife
4 dogs
2 cats
10 rc's

Been pulling a trailer for 16 years
2013 camping nights: 16
2014 camping nights: 28!! Then tranny went out........

jackshephard
Explorer
Explorer
I bought this from Ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/TaoTronics-Car-Rear-View-System-Wireless-Backup-Camera-4-3-TFT-LCD-Monitor-/400357600789?pt=US_Rear_View_Monitors_Cams_Kits&hash=item5d372c2e15 and it works well. Night shot is a bit grainy but otherwise its fine.
2004 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer
2014 KZ Spree Escape 196S
97 Wife
2 Kids
1 Yellow Lab
1 White pekingese

wmoses
Explorer
Explorer
Scott204 wrote:
Been looking into a back up camera for my TV to make hitching easier. I have seen quite a few systems on ebay but look like they maybe Chinese knock offs. Has anyone ever tried one of them? The price is tempting. If not what systems has everyone tried

Chinese knockoffs of what? Chinese camera systems? Just thought that was funny since 99% of everything is made in China.

I am still waiting to see if anyone has experience with the systems from Tadi Brothers. They have a wide selection.
Regards,
Wayne
2014 Flagstaff Super Lite 27RLWS Emerald Ed. | Equal-i-zer 1200/12,000 4-point WDH
2010 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 5.3L 6-speed auto | K&N Filter | Hypertech Max Energy tune | Prodigy P3
_

bobsbbq
Explorer
Explorer
I almost got the one Davis K posted the link to but I liked the idea of having the sensors and the one I got was much cheaper. If you adjust the sensors properly it will go to a steady tone when you are dead on over your ball.
5th Wheel 2002 Sunny Brook Mobile Scout 31BWFS

TBRam
Explorer
Explorer
Not to hijack the OP but I got the same camera system for the trailer as Davis k and it's excellant

mooky_stinks
Explorer
Explorer
Tachdriver wrote:
There may be better ones but I bought mine for $99 from Autozone, a cheapie wireless, works fine and had it a year.

X2 I've had mine for 2 years and it works great.
2020 F150 XL Screw 4x4 6.5โ€box
3.5 ecoboost Max tow HDPP
7850 GVW. 4800 RAWR
2565 payload

2020 Cougar 29RKS 5th wheel

bobsbbq
Explorer
Explorer
I got this one at Harbor Freight. It is wired but was easy enough to install. I had to mount mine on the dash to the left of the steering wheel, due to the length of cabled supplied. Overall it works very well.

http://www.hopkinstowingsolutions.com/products/towing-cameras/smart-hitch-camera-and-sensor-system.h...
5th Wheel 2002 Sunny Brook Mobile Scout 31BWFS

Tachdriver
Explorer
Explorer
There may be better ones but I bought mine for $99 from Autozone, a cheapie wireless, works fine and had it a year.

DavisK
Explorer
Explorer
I put this system, Rear View Camera System, in my previous TT. I liked it so much, I bought another for my new 5th wheel.

Edit: Disregard, I thought you were asking about for the trailer. My truck came with a backup camera in the tailgate.
2013 Silverado 2500 HD LTZ CC 6.6L Duramax Diesel
2014 Sunset Trail SF270BH
Holly & Buster, rescued mini Dachshunds

Jack_Diane_Free
Explorer
Explorer
Take a look at i-bal cameras on their web site.