cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Backup Light Addition

brholt
Explorer II
Explorer II
Now that winter is starting to set in I was interested in improving the lighting when backing up. Since my camper plugs into a seven pin jack mid truck my rear seven pin connector is free

I found this:

Backup light

And for the price I thought what could I lose. It works pretty well and seems to be a nice addition. You can see it there shinning underneath the camper.

4 REPLIES 4

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
I don't personally need that much light to backup, but while we are talking about backing up, my biggest improvement was painting the underside of the wings black. That stopped the reflection from the truck tail lights.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
It's not that there's glare, its the fact that the camera was pointed directly towards the light, which gives the "flare" effect.
Glare is when the light reflects off a surface, like a wet road, or the hood of a vehicle (for overhead mounted lights)

I ordered a pair of these this morning for the back of my trailer.
Bob

Paradox123
Explorer
Explorer
I added two 45w halogen "tractor" lights to the rear mounted on the jacks. Really makes a difference when backing into a dark campsite.

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
The picture makes it look like it throws a lot of glare. But seeing the 7 pin hook up gave me a slough of ideas of other things I could power up that way.
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk