cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

BEST Bunkhouse TT??

5talents
Explorer
Explorer
We are in the market for a new bunkhouse TT. We outgrew our Surveyor (Kids grow! Who knew?) and now need one with a slide or two. We have looked at the Keystone Bullet. What do you all recommend we look at? And why? Thanks!
7 REPLIES 7

Bendder
Explorer
Explorer
I guess it really depends on what you want as size initially. We made a list
Must have
Like to have

Also make a simple excel sheet and list the common things like
Tongue weight
Dry weight
GVW
Tanks sizees
Inside finishes
Outside finishes
Etc..
Look for the best value for the money with the things that will be important to you and your familly. Best value may not end up the least expensive but you will get what you were looking for by being preparedand knowing what you want to look at and not what the dealer would like you to consider.

That said we finaly setled on a Cougar High Country 329 TSB, Why? well it had quite a few must have's like
-Bunk house slide (we found that bunk houses without were to small for our taste)
-Exterior door from bathroom (great for kids dirty feet)
-Exterior kitchen (love this, in two years we have only cooked inside a few times)
-Mini tub (not just a shower stall, important for younger children)
-High Gloss gel coat (OK this might not have been a must have but was up there as our previous TT was full body paint and that makes a difference with ease of keeping clean in my oppinion)
-enclosed underbelly
-Not white (OK again not a must have just a personal thing)

So you get the point about deciding what is important for you before you even go to look at trainlers because sometimes its hard to discount the first one that hit one or two marks but does not meet all your needs. A list or two helps.

Mark
Mark

2011 F150 SCrew Ecoboost max tow max payload
2013 Cougar High Country 329TSB

Nunyadamn
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2014 Jayco Jayflight 32BHDS. It has the bunks in the back and an outdoor kitchen. Also has the door to the outside from the bathroom. It has a slide for the bunkroom and the living room slide with large U-shaped dinette. For the bunkhouse, I like that it has the two bunks (one on the passenger side fairly wide over the outdoor kitchen), and one over the J-cube (can be a small couch, single tall bunk or nearly a queen size bed depending on how you set it up). I like that the bunkhouse has a large rear window that lets in a good amount of light, and the other windows in each bunk. I like the setup of the bathroom as it is large enough to use the shower and still get dressed without opening the door or bumping into the walls and cabinets like other trailers we originally looked at. I got the 15k AC and am glad that I did (I live in AZ). It has the quick cool setting which allows you to open some louvers on the AC and quickly cool the living room and kitchen faster than just using the roof vents. There are not too many dislikes that I have. One would be it doesn't have drawers in the main bedroom in the nightstands. There is a lot of storage, but I would have like to have a drawer on each side of the bed. As a comparable, since it sounds like you are buying new, I paid $27100 out the door with all of the options and a equa-l-izer WDH in California April 2014.
2014 Jayco Jayflight 32BHDS
2015 Ford F250 Lariat 4x4 Crew Cab 6.7L Powerstroke

engine31
Explorer
Explorer
We went from a keystone bunk house no slides to a Heartland trail runner with outside kitchen 3 bunks rear 2 on the right 1 larger bunk on the left essentially over the Outside Kitchen. Our kids love it and we still have room for guests.

6_7_tow_rig
Explorer
Explorer
We like ours. Having a door to the bathroom from outside keeps the kids from tracking mud through the camper to get to the bathroom. Outside Kitchen keeps all the kids drinks outside too. Inside stays nice and clean.

318BHS
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 Laramie Cummins 4x4
2013 Primetime Lacrosse 318bhs

ChooChooMan74
Explorer
Explorer
The BEST bunkhouse is the one your family enjoys and gives you many good memories to cherish.
Great American Anti-Towing Conspiracy
2015 Ram Truck 1500 Ecodiesel Tuned By Green Diesel
2006 Jeep Liberty CRD Tuned By Green Diesel (Retired to Daily Driver)
2015 Rockwood Roo 183
Stop on by and read my Camping Blogs
Nights Camped in 2015 - 19 and Winterized

PAThwacker
Explorer
Explorer
I
Look at 600lb limit bunks only.
2015 Keystone Springdale Summerland 257rl
Tow vehicle: 2003 GMC K1500 ext lb
Previous: 14 years of 3 popups and a hybrid tt

TheGreatWaz00
Explorer
Explorer
We also looked at the buller 31BHPR. Our concern is the following

1.) The bunk over the outside kitchen - No problem Weight limit 300#

2.) The Top bunk on the other side - fold down - had a weight rating of only 150#. A young adult can not use it. Also it is only 30 inches wide.

3.) The futon foam "bed" under the fold out is simply a foam cushion and will compress over time with them sitting on it. Plus fold in out to use it and then folding it up again - taking off linens seemed too much.

We were actually very disappointed in the weight capacity of the bunks overall across the board.

We are now looking at Bullet Premier 29BHPR. it has double bunks (no slide) but will accommodate an adult.
Waz's from Maryland
Rockwood Roo 23ss
2014 Ram 1500 Laramie