cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Best RV Show

rgolding
Explorer
Explorer
Since so many of the RV's are built in Elkhart, In., Oregon and South Carolina, it would seem that RV Shows near there would be huge. Anyone have experience with that? Aren't some also built in Florida? And Kansas also, I think.
Smooth Sailing,
Ric and Jan
Southern Illinois

2016 Jayco Seneca 37FS "Low Key"
20 REPLIES 20

MegaWonder
Explorer
Explorer
Doug33 wrote:
One year I'm going to get to the Hershey show.

Hershey is a nice big show. If you start early and are willing to skip through some makes and models you might be able to see it one day. If your researching with questions for manufacture reps or spend time with the dealership sales people, plan on 2 days. Have a good pair of walking shoes if you go. ๐Ÿ™‚ I would not have discovered the Evergreen RV manufacture (which I eventually purchased) had I not gone to the Hershey RV Show several years ago, where I think the Everlite model was debut there in this tri-state area.
2010 EVERGREEN EVERLITE 31RLS

2010 RAM 3500 SRW MEGA CAB 4X4 with 6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel Auto, 3.73 gears

Huckster1037
Explorer
Explorer
jmtandem wrote:
Since so many of the RV's are built in Elkhart, In., Oregon and South Carolina, it would seem that RV Shows near there would be huge. Anyone have experience with that? Aren't some also built in Florida? And Kansas also, I think.

One of the biggest, if not the biggest, is probably Quartzsite.

I'm on my way there! My family has a group of about 12 rigs that meet every year

Passin_Thru
Explorer
Explorer
At Hershey you just see 10 TTs from the same mfg, same floor plan, same color, different length and pretty soon you realize you looked at that last make 4 times. The show is too big for the customer base, Ol Codgers like me!

Santa_Fe
Explorer
Explorer
http://www.pittrvshow.com/

This one is my favorite...not to mention it's the closest to me!
TV: 2015 RAM 1500 Outdoorsman Crew Cab
5.7L HEMI V8
4x4

TT: 2016 Keystone RV Springdale 260LE

Have Yorkie, will travel.

Markiemark32
Explorer
Explorer
Jframpey wrote:
Which manufacturer is in South Carolina? And where?

Tiger

Tiger Adventure Vehicles โ€ข Provan Industries, LLC.
4837 Edmund Highway,
West Columbia South Carolina 29170-4322

Markiemark:C
Banned member for posting Customer satisfaction maybe catching up : http://rvmiles.com/camping-world-investors-file-class-action-after-stocks-fall-60/
OK to ban per Mark F.

waynec1957
Explorer
Explorer
This link click here lists shows in South Bend, In., Ft. Wayne, In., the Indianapolis show, two in Elkhart, Indiana and one in Michigan City. Theyโ€™re all ran by the same promoter and they each seem to have 6-7 dealers with a good variety of brands.

The Indy show is pretty good (weโ€™re going tomorrow) and Iโ€™ve been to the spring show in Elkhart, which isnโ€™t bad either. I think weโ€™ll also try to hit the Ft. Wayne showโ€”thereโ€™s a dealer there I want to talk to.
2013 Chevy Sliverado 2500 HD LS Crew Cab
Duramax/Allison, HD Tow Package, GCWR 24,500

2017 KZ Sportsmen S330 IK

Jframpey
Explorer
Explorer
Which manufacturer is in South Carolina? And where?

mosseater
Explorer
Explorer
Hershey's pretty darn big. I believe it's billed as the largest on the East Coast. At any rate, I've been there twice and each time, you practically have to run through it if you want to come close to covering it in one day. Must be a logistical nightmare.
"It`s not important that you know all the answers, it`s only important to know where to get all the answers" Arone Kleamyck
"...An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." Col. Jeff Cooper
Sunset Creek 298 BH

rgolding
Explorer
Explorer
Redjk0769, live about 38 miles north of you and do a lot of local camping at Carlyle Lake, when in the area. We went to the show, yesterday. It is good to see what is new and what the manufacturers are doing. Great way to spend a winter day.
Smooth Sailing,
Ric and Jan
Southern Illinois

Redjk0769
Explorer
Explorer
I see you live in Southern IL., us too, where at? But anyway the St Louis Show is going on this weekend of January 9th thru the 12th! We where planning on going and buying but my son and I did our research before we went and went to some of the dealers that where going to be there at the show and 2 out of the 4 dealers said they would make a better deal before the show than at the show! So we bought one before the show but not even from one of the dealers we visited! And you are correct some dealers are not invited because I ask one of the local dealers in Southern IL if they attend and said they do not because they are not invited! Just mainly the dealers around the St Louis area are! They have over 300 units at that show! Its a nice show been there several time!

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
rgolding wrote:
...I would think, with the association with Camping World, they may be prejudice to the products CW is affiliated with...

Sure but since Camping World doesn't build anything it is a non-issue. Camping World will sell you whatever you want. As the biggest RV marketer in the world their reach is pretty much unlimited when it comes to the manufacturers.

In answer to your first question, proximity to the factories is meaningless. RV shows are held where the potential market exists. That is why you will see many more shows east of the Mississippi where the population is denser.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

rgolding
Explorer
Explorer
One guy told me, the Good Sam Rallys are a good place to see lots of new stuff, but I would think, with the association with Camping World, they may be prejudice to the products CW is affiliated with.

Any thoughts?
Smooth Sailing,
Ric and Jan
Southern Illinois

fireman41
Explorer
Explorer
The Pittsburgh RV show is nice. Its all in doors

lifelongcampers
Explorer
Explorer