cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Beware of Laredo 294rk

fufys
Explorer
Explorer
We recently bought a new 2014 keystone Laredo 294RK tt and on walk thru noticed that the pantry doors would not open all the way due to striking the slide. The salesman said probably just needed adjustment. To make a long story short, it seems that the mfg changed to a cable slide system and the slide hits the motor and stops prior lot the slide fully opening and sealing against the wall. Keystone will only say that the slide is operating as designed. We have only had the tt for 2 months and used it for 3 trips. We are taking a big loss by trading it in for a 5th wheel. if you know anyone looking to buy this tt, have them to check the slide first.
6 REPLIES 6

Nvr2loud
Explorer
Explorer
Trading a brand new TT for a 5th wheel because of a pantry door....

johnm1
Explorer
Explorer
We just (as in Monday) picked up a 2015 Laredo 291TG. Even though it's a different model, our pantry doors hit the slide fascia as well. On ours, it's not the slideouts "fault" as it does go all the way out and seals against the wall. I think (know?) it's because of the large U-shaped family sized dinette ... which is one of the reasons we bought this rig. We also have two doors on the pantry so we will just have to open both to get access to the whole cabinet ... not a big deal for our setup but maybe not so for your's.
johnm
'13 GMC Serria D/A, CC, 4x4
'16 Forest River Vengeance 25V

mark1228
Explorer
Explorer
darsben wrote:
hmknightnc wrote:
B.O. Plenty wrote:
Skip the dealer...you don't know if they are really trying to help or just blowing you off...Take several photos, contact the manufacturer yourself if you haven't already, and keep after them for a solution. If it really is a problem, they will want to get this right also...

B.O.

X2 and if you found this issue on walk through why is it a problem 2 months and 3 trips later. A new TT doesn't leave the lot until walk through issues are fixed.

UNLESS you believe the salesman's BS about fixing it for them. They count on buyers eagerness to take possession.

I don't see where the OP said he was going back to the dealer and it seems to me this is an engineering failure by Keystone and not the dealers fault at all

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
hmknightnc wrote:
B.O. Plenty wrote:
Skip the dealer...you don't know if they are really trying to help or just blowing you off...Take several photos, contact the manufacturer yourself if you haven't already, and keep after them for a solution. If it really is a problem, they will want to get this right also...

B.O.

X2 and if you found this issue on walk through why is it a problem 2 months and 3 trips later. A new TT doesn't leave the lot until walk through issues are fixed.

UNLESS you believe the salesman's BS about fixing it for them. They count on buyers eagerness to take possession.
Traveling with my best friend my wife!

hmknightnc
Explorer
Explorer
B.O. Plenty wrote:

B.O.

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS