cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Blue Ox Sway Pro reviews

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
We may be changing trailers. New trailer will be 30 ft. and 10K GVWR (Arctic Fox). Presently am towing with a Reece Dual Cam.
I am open minded and am looking at the Blue Ox Sway Pro.

I would really appreciate any advice, experience, pros or cons on this hitch.
Thanks.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro
21 REPLIES 21

campinia
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought the Blue Ox Sway Pro 2 weeks ago and left on a 1200 mile trip a few days later. I had a Eaz-Lift round bar with two sway controls and it worked ok but I felt more movement than I liked. I read as much as I could find about the Equalizer Hitch and Reese Dual Cam and the Blue Ox. I finally decided on the Blue Ox and am very happy with it. I called Blue Ox twice and asked them questions and was always put through to a technician right away. They recommended the 750 lb bars for mine and it was the right choice. I had very little to no movement at all in heavy winds (25-30mph) or from passing semi trucks. I was hesitant to spend the $600, but it feels much more solid and is more enjoyable to drive. The thing that really sold me was reading about the set up of other hitches. I had the Blue Ox set up in about an hour and didn't seem to have all of the set up adjustments that I read about on other hitches with tilt etc. Anyway, it works very well for my set up and I highly recommend it.
2017 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab LT 2500HD Z71 4X4 6.0 Gasser
2018 Keystone Passport Ultra Light 175BH
Champion 3100W Inverter Generator
2018 Pescador Pro 10 Fishing Kayak
2018 Old Town Topwater 106 Fishing Kayak

coolbreeze01
Explorer
Explorer
Current trailer is 10K GVWR. My Blue Ox is simple, clean, quiet, and effective. As mentioned the hitch head is heavy, but heavy duty.
2008 Ram 3500 With a Really Strong Tractor Motor...........
LB, SRW, 4X4, 6-Speed Auto, 3.73, Prodigy P3, Blue Ox Sway Pro........
2014 Sandsport 26FBSL

brownie_bear
Explorer
Explorer
3x what gtkato said. Great hitch.
1994 Kit Companion 27 - Ford 2006 F150

badercubed
Explorer
Explorer
I tow a 35ft (bumer to ball) TT that weighs around 9,500lbs (recently 9,990lbs for a 2k mile trip) and use a Blue Ox. I had no problems the entire trip except in heavier crosswinds in OH.

I agree with all the thoughts that gtkato posted above too.
2019 Apex Nano 208BHS
2016 F-150 Crew Cab (it's my wife's ride)

Been camping for 37 of my 38 years!

Kafn8td
Explorer
Explorer
gtkato wrote:
I have used Reese, Husky, and E2
and have used the Blue Ox Sway Pro on my last three trailers. Best of WDH above...most user friendly, no loose parts, roller chain, and zero sway, no noise while backing up, powder coated and no greasy mess, infinite adjustable, and built like a tank.
only down side is that the head unit is pretty heavy.

This^^^^^^^^

gtkato
Explorer
Explorer
I have used Reese, Husky, and E2
and have used the Blue Ox Sway Pro on my last three trailers. Best of WDH above...most user friendly, no loose parts, roller chain, and zero sway, no noise while backing up, powder coated and no greasy mess, infinite adjustable, and built like a tank.
only down side is that the head unit is pretty heavy.
FlyFishn
2017 Cirrus 820 Truck Camper, Torklift, Rear view camera, solar, glow steps, roof rack
2012 GMC "Texas Edition" 2500 HD Duramax, MBRP exhaust, Fuel wheels, Toyo Open Country tires, Sumo springs, Torklift stable loads

the_happiestcam
Explorer
Explorer
Mine is awesome.
Me ('62), DW ('61), DS ('97), DS ('99), DD ('03)
2003 Yukon XL 2500 8.1L 4.10 axle
2010 Dutchmen 28G-GS

CG's we've been to