cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Body Shifted Slightly Off Frame

Johnny7744
Explorer
Explorer
I am looking at a 2016 Cruiser Viewfinder 28BHSS and was told by the dealer that the tow vehicle was in an accident and there is a slight .25 inch shift on the body from frame. He states it tows fine and everything is in working order. It includes a 90 Day national warranty and the title is clean. Should I have any worries about the body shift?

Thanks for your help
41 REPLIES 41

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer
The answer depends on your use. If you plan to put it somewhere permanently then it may be an okay deal. If you are planning to travel with it then the answer is NO. You may not be able to keep tires on it depending on the shift.
Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind

FLY_4_FUN
Explorer
Explorer
Im in the "run away" camp. If you don't then I highly suspect you will be back on here by summer asking why your plumbing leaks, the doors don't shut properly, the tires are wearing unevenly and the slides seem out of alignment.

Let the next uninformed chap have the headache.

Daryll
2012 Dodge Ram 3500 crew SB 4x4 CTD 3.73
2015 Brookstone 315RL
2009 Colorado 29BHS (sold 2015)
05 Jayflight 29BHS (sold 2008)
99 Jayco Eagle 12SO (sold 2005)

Mfan
Explorer
Explorer
Don't walk away, run. 90 day warranty? On what? That it won't fall apart? Run

Tyler0215
Explorer
Explorer
If it shifted a 1/4" they probably wouldn't even notice it. It may have shifted a lot more and that's as close back to straight they can get it. Walk away.

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
It appears as 2016's sell for $16k or so. At $14k for a tweaked one...why even think about it ? to save $2k ?
I agree with others, move on.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
While it's tempting to consider what appears to be a good deal, you decided to get other opinions. That was a good move.

I would take the advice given and walk away from this unit.

There are many RV's available. Keep looking and asking questions BEFORE you sign any agreements or give a seller any money.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Rather than trying to figure it out, dicker with the dealer, or get unsubstantiated guarantees that end up being worthless in the end, PASS on this unit and don't look back. Something is not right. Just walk away from this one and be done with it.

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
If it truly was in an accident and the body got tweaked I don't think they or anyone else would see a 1/4"! On that fact alone I would question why! There is more to the story than just "tweaked"! I would pass!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
The armchair attorney in me would be suspicious of a "clean title" ... if it was in an accident severe enough shift the body on the frame there should have been a police report, and an insurance investigation.

you should get a copy of the police report to see exactly what went down, giving you more information to base your decision on.

the new federal FOIA laws are pretty great - the smaller muni governments can no longer drag their feet or charge absurd prices to reproduce such information.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

Johnny7744
Explorer
Explorer
13,995 Unit has all stickers and is pretty much new.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome to the forum.
Would you mind telling us what they are asking for the Viewfinder?

I'm guessing the price is very low, or should be.

2Bargos
Explorer
Explorer
My Advice,,Unless it a give away price that will allow for repairs later on,walk away.Chances are the entire body is twisted which can/will cause problems long after the warranty has expired.

Something is bent or broken that allowed it to move.whats to keep it from moving off center even farther..
The problem is probably more significant than the dealer is revealing or he simply wouldn't of mentioned it in the first place
2006 F-250
2008 Cherokee 28A+
2003 Harley Ultra
A wife that enjoys my hobbies as much as I do.
A Day Hemmed in prayer seldom comes unraveled