cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Boondocking

Reddog49
Explorer
Explorer
When using gas only to power your refrige, does it use more power if you are in the auto mode? Should I switch to gas only mode to save battery? Thank you
6 REPLIES 6

wmoses
Explorer
Explorer
Reddog49 wrote:
When using gas only to power your refrige, does it use more power if you are in the auto mode? Should I switch to gas only mode to save battery? Thank you

I am not sure I understand your question #1 fully, but let me answer it this way.

When not hooked up to AC, there is no difference in the current used by the fridge in either gas or auto mode, because in auto mode it is actually in gas mode when AC is absent, despite what the mode switch says.

That said, the fridge does use battery current to power its control circuit board. Just wanted to make that point.
Regards,
Wayne
2014 Flagstaff Super Lite 27RLWS Emerald Ed. | Equal-i-zer 1200/12,000 4-point WDH
2010 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 5.3L 6-speed auto | K&N Filter | Hypertech Max Energy tune | Prodigy P3
_

Reddog49
Explorer
Explorer
Thankyou all for the info.

opnspaces
Navigator II
Navigator II
No difference boondocking between gas and auto. Except if you power up a generator to run the microwave. Then the refrigerator will quickly switch to electricity and consume some of the power that was destined for the Microwave. In gas mode it will not switch every time the generator comes on.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

No extra power will be used in automode to the limits of what I can measure.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Reddog49
Explorer
Explorer
Thankyou, Happy Camping!

lasttruck
Explorer
Explorer
In the auto mode, when not hooked up to shore power, the fridge will just run off of the propane.

No additional power is used when in the auto mode. Continue to use it...unless you prefer to use propane only all of the time.
07 F150
10 Chalet XL1935
15 Fleetwood Brittany Park
Evergreen Coho SKP Park Website
Evergreen Coho SKP Park on Facebook