Explorer
Explorer
:C
53 REPLIES 53

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
llowllms wrote:
I presume this is a new rig. If that's the case let the dealer make the repair. If the tank was replaced and this is an older model then, yes, get a whole saw and drill through the tank. Make sure you glue a pipe of equal size to the floor flange so that all waste enters the tank and not elsewhere. You will also have to seal around the pipe so if the tank reaches the full mark there is no seepage.

Before the OP removed his posts, he'd posted the dealer did work on the tank, and it still was not right, thus the photos. And there was a dispute between the manufacturer and the dealer, and he was caught in the middle. Sounded like the dealer did attempt to fix it, but even then, it still wasn't correct, and the manufacturer was saying there was nothing wrong at all. It was a sad case all the way aorund to say the least.

It's also sad the OP hasn't come back, and checking his history posts, he's not posted anything else either. Hope he comes back to these forums. He's got friends here, and yes, we do care.

llowllms
Explorer
Explorer
I presume this is a new rig. If that's the case let the dealer make the repair. If the tank was replaced and this is an older model then, yes, get a whole saw and drill through the tank. Make sure you glue a pipe of equal size to the floor flange so that all waste enters the tank and not elsewhere. You will also have to seal around the pipe so if the tank reaches the full mark there is no seepage.

RedRocket204
Explorer
Explorer
rjxj wrote:
beemerphile1 wrote:
timmac wrote:
This also shows the factory never did any water test on the plumbing because part of the test is flushing the toilet, I wonder what other issues are down the road, and what other test was not done as well...

Almost no factory does any testing or quality control on new units. The dealer gets paid to do a PDI which obviously would have caught the problem.

Factories make mistakes but in this case the dealer screwed the OP by not doing the work they were paid for doing.

It only had about a 1 inch gap at the edge of the down pipe. Water would have easily passed by but number 2 no no no.

Yeah, not sure how many PDI's put solids down the commode.

"Do you have magazine and a few minutes, gotta test this out."

๐Ÿ˜‰
I love me some land yachting

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
beemerphile1 wrote:
timmac wrote:
This also shows the factory never did any water test on the plumbing because part of the test is flushing the toilet, I wonder what other issues are down the road, and what other test was not done as well...

Almost no factory does any testing or quality control on new units. The dealer gets paid to do a PDI which obviously would have caught the problem.

Factories make mistakes but in this case the dealer screwed the OP by not doing the work they were paid for doing.

It only had about a 1 inch gap at the edge of the down pipe. Water would have easily passed by but number 2 no no no.

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
timmac wrote:

Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

camperforlife
Explorer
Explorer
drsteve wrote:
This thread is totally useless, and the entire thing should be deleted.

Only if you were late to the game.

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
This thread is totally useless, and the entire thing should be deleted.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
We may never know now. But if the OP pursued legal action he might have been advised by his lawyer to no longer discuss the issue on a public domain. And RV.net rules prohibit discussion of legal actions too. So before dumping the OP down the toilet (yes pun on words here considering his situation), he probably had good reasons to delete his posts.

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
This also shows the factory never did any water test on the plumbing because part of the test is flushing the toilet, I wonder what other issues are down the road, and what other test was not done as well.

I would send pics to the factory and see if they will extend the warrenty on the plumbing and tanks, if they say no than its time for a full refund.

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
Abrahamseven38 wrote:
Holy **** they forgot to drill a hole and put a fitting in the holding tank?
Steven

Nope.

Abrahamseven38
Explorer
Explorer
Holy **** they forgot to drill a hole and put a fitting in the holding tank?
Steven

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ide like to know the outcome. Whether fixed or taken back.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

RedRocket204
Explorer
Explorer
BadgerMcAdams wrote:
Soooo....He either told them he was going to sue them to death for screwing up the trailer, and they got scared and caved to immediately replace/repair/whatever as long as he completely deleted his posts blaming them for their incompetence...

or...

Chances are it was the first item you brought up.

The OP, as best I could tell, was calm and collected but certainly pulling his hair out trying to understand if wanting this issue with his black tank being properly fixed was being unreasonable. He was not unreasonable.

I do suspect for this issue to be completely resolved to his satisfaction, he needed to pull down public information pertaining to it. I would do the same thing. I wish the OP the best as no one deserves to be completely frustrated when you really should be excited about a new major purchase.
I love me some land yachting

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
BadgerMcAdams wrote:
Soooo....He either told them he was going to sue them to death for screwing up the trailer, and they got scared and caved to immediately replace/repair/whatever as long as he completely deleted his posts blaming them for their incompetence...

or,

He got it fixed and decided to be a ***EDITED*** and deleted all his posts and replaced them with a stupid sunglass emoji.

Either way, as stated above, every one that reads this thread is going to wonder who the moron was that kept posting the emoji face and think that everyone who was responding was talking to the invisible man.

No wonder there are some on here that are a bit extreme in their responses to questions...And I am getting to the point where I kind of don't blame them.

Along with the trolls and those with very poor reading comprehension.