cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Broken toilet!

old_idaho_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Does anybody know if there is a place near Moab Utah where we can get a new toilet??? We are in the "if it's yellow let it mellow" mode right now and are not planning to head near any big city soon.
14 REPLIES 14

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer
RandACampin wrote:
Old-Biscuit wrote:
darsben1 wrote:
RandACampin wrote:
darsben1 wrote:
Amazon has a couple that you can get next day air.

What address are they going to send it to? Trailer at site #36?

Yep.
I get my stuff delivered to My site in Arizona all the time.
UPS will figure it out. Alternative is to have it held for pick up at UPS. Or a UPS delivery point.

YEP........had stuff delivered to CGs
Had stuff delivered to local post office..'General Delivery' (check that they accept GD -----not all post offices do)
Had stuff delivered and held for pickup at UPS

RandACampin
It's the 21st Century......lots of options.
One doesn't have to keep their head buried

I am aware of the century, and order many thing from Amazon. Just can't see them delivering to a campsite. Is fed ex/UPS going to pay the fee to enter a state park? What a bout gated CGs. In the OPs case find it local and be done...less headache.

UPS/FEDEX will be allowed to enter the park to deliver packages. They do it all the time. Bet the park gets their deliveries the same way.
Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind

old_idaho_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry to not give an update sooner. We found a new toilet at Farm & RV Supply in Moab at a reasonable price! Got it installed just before checkout time! We have not been near WiFi until now. PS I do not recommend going down (or up) Utah highway 216 with a trailer...but that's another story. Thanks for all of your ideas.

RandACampin
Explorer
Explorer
Old-Biscuit wrote:
darsben1 wrote:
RandACampin wrote:
darsben1 wrote:

Yep.
UPS will figure it out. Alternative is to have it held for pick up at UPS. Or a UPS delivery point.

Had stuff delivered to local post office..'General Delivery' (check that they accept GD -----not all post offices do)

RandACampin

I am aware of the century, and order many thing from Amazon. Just can't see them delivering to a campsite. Is fed ex/UPS going to pay the fee to enter a state park? What a bout gated CGs. In the OPs case find it local and be done...less headache.
HEY CHECK IT OUT!! http://www.rvingoutpost.com

1ofmany
Explorer
Explorer
RandACampin wrote:
darsben1 wrote:

Since hitting the road for at least the near term, we have had numerous deliveries made to our camp site...unfortunately, UPS/FedEx/or whatever, does not always make the effort to find the site number we provide...no matter, we have received whatever was sent to us.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
darsben1 wrote:
RandACampin wrote:
darsben1 wrote:

Yep.

RandACampin
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer
RandACampin wrote:
darsben1 wrote:

Yep.

2chiefsRus
Explorer
Explorer
Amazon has lots of parts for them. Best bet for parts or toilet replacement. As others have mentioned, you may just need parts and not a whole new toilet. Tell us more what is broken?
Dave & Kathy
2007 Monaco Knight 40PDQ towing 2018 Ford F-150 & 2017 Harley Trike
Fulltime 2007 to 2016, now halftimers
Before you give someone a piece of your mind, make sure you can get by with what will be left.
Our Blog
National Parks Visited

RandACampin
Explorer
Explorer
darsben1 wrote:

RandACampin
Explorer
Explorer
You obviously have an internet connection. Google RV dealers and service in your area and make some phone calls. :S

sljkansas
Explorer
Explorer
What's broken? If it's the ceramic bowel then you need a whole new one. If it's the foot pedal or sprayer, then it could be a simple fix.

I had the pedal stick. Pulled the toilet out, cleaned it up, reinstalled and all is well.

My camping neighbor had one that was leaking where the ceramic bowel and the plastic bottom gasket met. replaced the gasket, all was well. He also replaced the cable that opened the flapper when you step on the pedal. about a 2 hour fix.
Steve & Linda
Son married (1 DIL, 3 granddaughters 1 grandson)
Daughter Married.
Miami Co. Kansas
2004 F350 CC dually 8ft bed 6.0 PSD
2009 Bighorn 3670RL
B&W under bed hitch with 18k companion hitch

sljkansas
Explorer
Explorer
What's broken? If it's the ceramic bowel then you need a whole new one. If it's the foot pedal or sprayer, then it could be a simple fix.

I had the pedal stick. Pulled the toilet out, cleaned it up, reinstalled and all is well.

My camping neighbor had one that was leaking where the ceramic bowel and the plastic bottom gasket met. replaced the gasket, all was well. He also replaced the cable that opened the flapper when you step on the pedal. about a 2 hour fix.
Steve & Linda
Son married (1 DIL, 3 granddaughters 1 grandson)
Daughter Married.
Miami Co. Kansas
2004 F350 CC dually 8ft bed 6.0 PSD
2009 Bighorn 3670RL
B&W under bed hitch with 18k companion hitch

wanderingbob
Explorer II
Explorer II
Amazon

1ofmany
Explorer
Explorer
CW can have one delivered...we have done this a number of times without incident.

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer