cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bullet premier 31bhr 2012.

Sillybugs2
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone have experience with one or know about the quality? Our old trailer( in sig) got major water damage and more than worth to repair. Luckily found roof damage insurance paid out to even out our loss of the trailer. We sold it cheap just to dispose of it. Trusted the repair guy completely as he is a good family friend of a woman I work with whose son works for him too. He had a couple with a blow out come by and he fixed their bullet and now they want to sell. He offered it to us. Looks like we could offer the couple $15k cash. They are asking $17,500.Does that seem Good or worth it? Feeling stung on the old one as likely the damage came mostly from original shoddy sealing. Much of the damage was unseeable until he dug into the wall and floor. He has gone over this one and said is sound. Thanks.
2016 Hideout 28BHSWE
2008 Dodge Ram 3500 SLT 6.7L diesel 6 speed auto SRW longbed
9 REPLIES 9

Sillybugs2
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Rich. Yes it is the premier.
2016 Hideout 28BHSWE

Squints2c
Explorer
Explorer
temccarthy1 wrote:
Think that 15000 is too much for a used 4 year old Bullet. Ours had an MSRP of 33,500 and bought it new in Nov 2014 for 19,995. It is a 285RLS. 30 ft long. We love the TT, quality is top notch , have not had a single issue with it! Bullets are rated high on this forum by owners.. have never seen a negative comment!

Your not comparing apples to apples. Hes looking at a 31BHPR which has two slides and an outside kitchen. I think he just inadvertently left the P out of the letter. It also has the full fiberglass front cover, outside kitchen and frameless windows. I think if its solid and well cared for that its a heck of a good deal.
Rich

Sillybugs2
Explorer
Explorer
razehm wrote:
WE have a 2012 285 QBHS or something like that. It has four bunks in the back and the mega slide for the couch and dinette. Other than the usual maintenance it has held up very nicely. And that includes wear and tear from four kids. We take it out about a half dozen times each year with at least one trip across the state each year. We really like it. I thought there was a blue book on line for campers, four wheelers and that sort of thing. Pretty sure its a kelly blue book. Try that and look it up but the price seems good to me.

I did look it up. Thanks. Low retail is 17.5k.
2016 Hideout 28BHSWE

razehm
Explorer
Explorer
WE have a 2012 285 QBHS or something like that. It has four bunks in the back and the mega slide for the couch and dinette. Other than the usual maintenance it has held up very nicely. And that includes wear and tear from four kids. We take it out about a half dozen times each year with at least one trip across the state each year. We really like it. I thought there was a blue book on line for campers, four wheelers and that sort of thing. Pretty sure its a kelly blue book. Try that and look it up but the price seems good to me.

Sillybugs2
Explorer
Explorer
bobndot wrote:
This applies to any RV .
If you properly and regularly maintain it by properly prepping it and using the proper caulk for a roof , it should not leak.

Each time I use any rv I have ever owned, I climb onto the roof and inspect it. Tree branches (even small ones) can puncture the sealant causing a leak .
I wipe clean the caulk with Dicor roof cleaner then apply a very thin coat of dicor self leveling roof caulk on the seams. I use a wet finger or a small plastic blade to smooth it all out. Knock..Knock...Knock...never had a leak. ๐Ÿ™‚

I do this once a year unless I can see or SUSPECT that I hit a tree branch.

Yep. We learned a tough lesson.
2016 Hideout 28BHSWE

temccarthy1
Explorer
Explorer
Think that 15000 is too much for a used 4 year old Bullet. Ours had an MSRP of 33,500 and bought it new in Nov 2014 for 19,995. It is a 285RLS. 30 ft long. We love the TT, quality is top notch , have not had a single issue with it! Bullets are rated high on this forum by owners.. have never seen a negative comment!
Tim, Ramona and dog Scruffy
1982 Coleman Sun Valley PUP (retired)
2014 Keystone Bullet 285RLS Ultralite TT
2013 Ford Expedition XLT 5.4L Triton V8
Equalizer E2 hitch

gregrc75
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2011 Bullet Premier 28RLPR. Not the same floor plan but it is the same line. It's been a very solid trailer. Also did a few mods to mine. Still enjoy the trailer and do not have any plans to replace it in the near future.
Greg and J
Ben - Yellow Lab. Charley - Red Lab
2018 Keystone Bullet Premier 30RIPR
2016 Nissan Titan XD SL 5.0

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
This applies to any RV .
If you properly and regularly maintain it by properly prepping it and using the proper caulk for a roof , it should not leak.

Each time I use any rv I have ever owned, I climb onto the roof and inspect it. Tree branches (even small ones) can puncture the sealant causing a leak .
I wipe clean the caulk with Dicor roof cleaner then apply a very thin coat of dicor self leveling roof caulk on the seams. I use a wet finger or a small plastic blade to smooth it all out. Knock..Knock...Knock...never had a leak. ๐Ÿ™‚

I do this once a year unless I can see or SUSPECT that I hit a tree branch.

camp-n-family
Explorer
Explorer
We have a '13 Bullet bhpr. It's been a great trailer for us. No issues at all. We did a few minor mods to make it more user friendly ( repositioned outside fridge, added JT Strongarms to the jacks to stop wiggle, eternabonded the roof seams etc). It's the best built tt we've owned. Retailed at $39k (cdn) paid $31k new so price doesn't seem out of line if it was well taken care of.
'17 Ram 2500 Crewcab Laramie CTD
'13 Keystone Bullet Premier 310BHPR
Hitched by Hensley