cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ceiling fabric hanging loose

campsmoke
Explorer
Explorer
The fabric on the ceiling in our coach is hanging loose in one area as a result of a leak. I caulked everything outside on the roof. Now I am wondering what type of glue I should use to get the fabric to remain in place. It appears to be a leather or imitation leather that has a foam backing. Any suggestions?
Thank you for your help in the past guys!

Campsmoke
Campsmoke
4 REPLIES 4

Trailering_Texa
Explorer
Explorer
Spray adhesive. Light spray near center and slowly work to the edges pressing and smoothing as you go to the outer edges.

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
campsmoke wrote:
The fabric on the ceiling in our coach is hanging loose in one area as a result of a leak. I caulked everything outside on the roof. Now I am wondering what type of glue I should use to get the fabric to remain in place. It appears to be a leather or imitation leather that has a foam backing. Any suggestions?
Thank you for your help in the past guys!

Campsmoke

WHat year is your rig?
Back in the 1990's there was a problem with the headliner material foam backing and the adhesive that was used to install the headliner. Over the ears the VOC's in the glue caused the foam to disintegrate.
It affected Fleetwood and Winnebago maybe others
Traveling with my best friend my wife!

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe something like this....

>>>HERE<<<
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

prichardson
Explorer
Explorer
How big an area and how is access to back of the fabric? 3M Super 77 spray adhesive or similar would work if you have enough access.