cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chrysler UConnect

SweetLou
Explorer
Explorer
I'm just curious how many people are CURRENTLY having issues with their UConnect in their vehicles? I have been for some time now and It was replaced with a new one and it still does the problem I was having. The dealer states that there are thousands with similar issues and an Over the Air fix is coming. Been months on that one. Any news?
2013 3500 Cummins 6.7 Quadcab 4x4 3.73 68FE Trans, 2007 HitchHiker Discover America 329 RSB
We love our Westie
21 REPLIES 21

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
I recently had an issue with GPS not working correctly. There was an update available to fix it, but it was failing to automatically download and install. I was able to go to the Uconnect website and download and install it myself. But some people have been unable to do that and had to manually jump through some hoops that eventually enabled them to download the correct file and fix the issue. If that's your problem, you could probably find the solution on ramforum.com.
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE

SweetLou
Explorer
Explorer
My issues are volume goes away to radio or anything else you are listening to as well as some function. When you turn off the vehicle and open the door it wound't shut down like as it should. You have to reset it by putting in the key and going to accessory. It was replaced by chrysler care, but now new one is doing the samething. Dealer states that there over 300 units in th Phonix area alone with Uconnect issues. I just don't want to hear a story. I thought I would get some real time answers from some folks.
2013 3500 Cummins 6.7 Quadcab 4x4 3.73 68FE Trans, 2007 HitchHiker Discover America 329 RSB
We love our Westie

MNGeeks61
Explorer
Explorer
what kind of issue?

We've had to update our Uconnect once. Worked fine. Although the documentation did say to be careful or something.

In terms of what it does, the bluetooth connection to our phones work great, it reads texts fine, but the voice recognition is somewhere below Amazon's and way below Google's voice recognition. I never use it.

The maps are ok, google maps on our phones are better though. And in terms of remote start, the fob works great. Issuing a remote start command through the app takes much longer, but it is handy when you're not sure if you've forgotten to lock your doors in a large parking lot...

I have never tried Sync but my neighbor doesn't like his much. Still, his is free.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
I've had no problems with the one in our 2015 Challenger since new.
What kind of problem are you having?

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mine works fine. Did the latest update myself. The GPS went nuts last summer and I had to reboot it by hold in the two radio knobs.
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

ShinerBock
Explorer
Explorer
What is your issue?

I am not having issues other than is is sluggish at startup sometimes, but it normally does that when it is downloading an update. The only issue I had with it was that it would not auto-connect with my Spotify on my phone for a period of time, but that ended up being a Spotify app issue and was fixed.
2014 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD
2016 BMW 2.0L diesel (work and back car)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 3.0L Ecodiesel

Highland Ridge Silverstar 378RBS

librty02
Explorer
Explorer
What is your issue you are having with it???

I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee and couple Fords and I will say I like the Jeep interface much better than Fords Sync but The Sync system is soooo much smoother than the Uconnect. The Jeep can never understand what I say when I talk to it. My ford I can mumble and it will get what I say correctly. My biggest gripe is that Uconnect app etc is not free while Fords Pass App is free. Uconnect called me to set me up with an account and wanted to charge me I told them to give it to me for free like Ford does with all their vehicles and then I'll take it.
2011 FORD F-150 FX4 CREW CAB ECO...
2018 Ford F-150 Max Tow Crew 6.5 3.5 Eco...
2013 Keystone Passport 2650BH, EQUAL-I-ZER 1K/10K