cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Clear plug siliconed into the underside of my Lance 1030?

pezvela
Explorer
Explorer
I have a clear "plug" with 5-6 small holes in it that is inserted into the underside of my Lance 1030. It is basically below the rear vent of the fridge and it points towards the ground. It is on the underside plane that is parallel to the pavement.

I have noticed this plug occasionally puts out 10-15 drops of water. I can see no pattern as to when it emits this water.

The plug is siliconed into place in it's location.

What the heck is this thing? Some kind of exit for condensation from the fridge?

It really doesnt look like a factory install. It's looks like a rather crude installation.
6 REPLIES 6

pezvela
Explorer
Explorer
Hmmmmmm..........mine is pretty much flush or maybe a quarter inch extended from the underside. Maybe that is the reason for the rather crude use of clear silicone around the tube?

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
The drain tube should actually extend about an 1" from the underside of the camper wing. On my '01 1121, the factory had the plug flush with the camper wing underside skin, and due to the fact that the connection between the drain tube and the plug isn't water-tight, it allowed condensate to soak into the luan plywood around the plug and cause it to rot. The plug's purpose it to simply prevent insects from making a home in the tube.

:):)
2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 โ€˜Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam typesโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ..Letโ€™s Go Brandon!!!

Raften
Explorer
Explorer
As others have said it is a drain. Make sure the tube stays in place. Factory left mine loose and I had water problems before I figured out where the water was coming from. Factory fixed the damage along with the lack of support for the slide.
'01 Dodge 3500 CTD, Lance 1121, Air Bags, Rancho 9000, All Wheels Under Power When Needed, A Few Engine Mods For Increased HP

Burning Grease, 800 ft/lbs. of torque from something you throw away.

pezvela
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the quick replies, guys.

AnEv942
Nomad
Nomad
yes its the drain for refer..
01 Ford F250 4x4 DRW Diesel, 01 Elkhorn 9U
Our camper projects page http://www.ourelkhorn.itgo.com

Dome
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like condensation from the fridge dips out of the camper through that drain port. that is my guess.