cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Connecting grill to quick connect

PacNWNomad
Explorer
Explorer
I have a grill. It takes little propane bottles. I want to use our propane from the trailer, using the quick connect outlet in the outdoor kitchen.

Does such a hose connector exist? I swear I saw one a few months ago, now can't find it. Help? Thanks!
Tamri
5 kids
2 dogs
2013 Dutchmen Denali 311BHS
2004 Suburban 2500 8.1L
ProPride hitch
10 REPLIES 10

Doug33
Explorer
Explorer
My new TT came with an Aussie BBQ grill that mounts to the back bumper and connects to gas outlet below the bumper. It is a quick connect type of hose that is used. I have not tried to connect my old camp burner to this outlet yet.
2014 Keystone Bullet 281BHS
2002 Chevy Avalanche 5.3L 4x4
Equalizer hitch
Nights spent camping in 2015: 25
Next trip: mid-April 2016?

Canyon-Cruiser
Explorer
Explorer
I have the Camp Chef Outdoor stove/oven (#C-OVEN) and purchased the RV Hose to Disposable Adapter (#SPG25-18) per Camp Chef support. It works great! Plugs right into my TT's outside propane port and has an 8' hose so I can place the Stove/Oven where I want instead of right in front of the port.

Here is a picture of the #SPG25-18 adapter:
2014 Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser 19RBS/2010 GMC Canyon Crew Cab/E2 WDH/Primus IQ controller

ReferDog
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks NESTOR Was just looking today for that item, just ordered.
ReferDog 2008 Chevy 2500 HD Dura Max
Artic Fox 30U

Equlizer Hitch

69_Avion
Explorer
Explorer
I run my Camp Chef stove off of the trailer regulator and the quick disconnect fitting and valve that I installed. It works great off of the trailer regulator.
Ford F-350 4x4 Diesel
1988 Avion Triple Axle Trailer
1969 Avion C-11 Camper

bob_nestor
Explorer III
Explorer III
enblethen wrote:
The small bottles are high pressure. Most outlets on rigs are low pressure. Most propane stoves need to be connected near the tank with something like an Extend-A-Flow tee.

If your RV already has a quick connect setup it should be usable with just the regulator on the grill. At least that's the case with my Roadtrek. All I needed was a hose with a quick connect on one end and a screw type 1" connector on the other end to screw into the grill regulator where the little green bottles go. At least on my Roadtrek this works fine with all the propane appliances that normally use the disposable bottles.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
The small bottles are high pressure. Most outlets on rigs are low pressure. Most propane stoves need to be connected near the tank with something like an Extend-A-Flow tee.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

bob_nestor
Explorer III
Explorer III
PacNWNomad wrote:
I have a grill. It takes little propane bottles. I want to use our propane from the trailer, using the quick connect outlet in the outdoor kitchen.

Does such a hose connector exist? I swear I saw one a few months ago, now can't find it. Help? Thanks!

I think this is what you're looking for. It works for me.

RV Quick Connect Hose with 1"-20 Disposable Bottle Male Connection

bigcitypopo
Explorer
Explorer
Be sure your grill has a separate regulator on the hose.. You will need to remove it. Your house line is regulated at the tanks.. If you double regulate, you will not have enough pressure to get any heat.

The webers are easy to mod. I'm not to happy with their heat tho. I want at least a 20k. BTU. The margaritaville was the bomb... But they no make it no mo....

The hunt continues... I just put together a "T" I'll snap a photo and post.
2014 RAM 2500 BigHorn CrewCab 4x2 ShortBox, 6.7L CTD
2014 Keystone Springdale 294bhssrwe - Hensley Arrow!
The best wife, 2 kids and a bunch of fun

PacNWNomad
Explorer
Explorer
The grill I have did not come with the TT. Currently I'm running it off the green propane bottles.

I keep thinking surely this can be done with the right piece from amazon. Maybe I'm using the wrong keyword search. Or something.
Tamri
5 kids
2 dogs
2013 Dutchmen Denali 311BHS
2004 Suburban 2500 8.1L
ProPride hitch

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Yes it does. On our last RV, a Komfort TT, it had a quick connect propane hose that connected to the "house" line. We wanted a longer one so that we could setup the grill on a table instead of the bracket on the sidewall, so we went to a local propane shop and they made a longer hose for us with the quick connect. Google "quick connect propane grill hose"
and I bet you'll find something.

Here's a start - click here.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton