cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Considering new 2016 Big Foot 25C9.4 for short bed

scout4trout
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone have a newer Big Foot 25C9.4SB? I haven't seen one in person but right now I think it's what I want, but it's a long drive to see one at a dealer in Colorado. There are some things I would miss from our Alpenlite, such as the jalousy windows, the quick fold entry step, and the bathroom layout. I like the dinette and kitchen area of this Big Foot. The dealer could deliver at a price, and take the Alpenlite on trade. That would make it really easy. Don't really need a new camper, but past 70 now and want to enjoy these things while I can. I do have some specific questions if anyone has one.
2017 Ford F250 XL STX SCSB 6.2 gas with camper package, Torklift Tiedowns & Fast Guns, Airbags, payload 3,436
2017 Northern Lite 8'11"Q Sportsman with preferred options
13 REPLIES 13

kbaum
Explorer
Explorer
Good for you!

We don't live quite as far from our dealer as you do but close to it. I'm 62 and love my northern lite and dodge SRW one ton combo. I think you'll be happy.
2013 Northern Lite 10 cdse
2012 Dodge 3500 SRW 4x4 Cummins Crew Cab

Newmar Dutch Star 4018 (home)

scout4trout
Explorer
Explorer
Although we really liked the layout of the Big Foot, we went with a Northern-lite Sportsman 8-11. We'll be picking up a new Ford F250 and the camper in early March since they were both factory-ordered. Just hope that it turns out to be as good a setup as the Chevy 2500HD and the Alpenlite were. I guess it's not often that you don't have a single problem with a camper, and we used it on average 100 nights a year for the past nine seasons. But it will be fun to have something new and more comfortable -- bed is not as difficult to get into and the dinette is more comfortable. What's funny is that the setup cost us the same as the first house we bought in 1978.
2017 Ford F250 XL STX SCSB 6.2 gas with camper package, Torklift Tiedowns & Fast Guns, Airbags, payload 3,436

work2much
Explorer
Explorer
We had (actually still have) a 2003 10.6 that we have replaced with a larger camper. AF 1150.

We were very happy with the bigfoot. Real quality camper. Very few minor issues. I think you will like it. Quality of cabinets and fit and finish is better than the AF IMO
2022 Ram 3500 Laramie CTD DRW Crew 4x4 Aisin 4:10 Air ride.

2020 Grand Design Solitude 2930RL 2520 watts solar. 600ah lithium. Magnum 4000 watt inverter.

KenandLaRae
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2009 shortbed Bigfoot I am the original owner and absolutely would say I LOVE IT. Small things go wrong but the camper is built like a tank. I bought mine in Montana and live in Texas. Dont hesitate buy it. I was in Cody this past summer.

Ken

NEOK
Explorer
Explorer
We toured the Bigfoot factory in September of this year. They are still building quality units a d paying attention to details during construction. As far as buying from a dealer that is far away I don't think if would really be a problem. We live in eastern Oklahoma and bought a new 2008 Bigfoot 15c9.5 short bed from a dealer in Reno Nevada. We do not have a Bigfoot dealer within 600 to 800 miles. We have never had an issue with the TC that would have required warranty service.
neok
2009 GMC 25000HD Short Bed 6.0 Gas Engine Crew Cab SLT 4x4
2008 Bigfoot 15C9.5FS
Torklift Talons, Fastguns, Stableload Quick Disconnects, Superhitch & SuperTruss

54suds
Explorer
Explorer
sounds like you have a tried and true set up why risk a change to a almost identical format??? I prefer Bigfoot but !!
2021 Chev 6.6 duramax ltz DBL cab,drw,4x/torklift tdn's,
1999 Bigfoot 1011

Paradox123
Explorer
Explorer
I bought my Bigfoot from a dealer over 1,000 miles away. I've never had a warranty issue and have only taken the camper in for "professional" service once in 11 years. Your results could be different, but I wouldn't worry too much about encountering warranty issues.

cartmancartman
Explorer
Explorer
I looked at that model for my short bed truck. I saw one in person and decide to go with a long bed camper and a long bed truck.

Definitley look at one in person.

mylundboat
Explorer
Explorer
I have one....We really like it. We had a 2008 1500 series SB, and the 2500 series provided us with a lot more storage. Some minor issues with the fiberglass in the bathroom, but those were taken care of under warranty. You really need to figure out wether you want solar, generator, or both.
2013 Bigfoot 25C9.4 W/torklift FastGuns Hellwig Big Wig Sway bar,
2015 Ford F350 Diesel Shortbox with Goodyear airbags and Torklift Stable loads.

scout4trout
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the replies. I don't think I'll consider a small motor home until our 80's. We are very active. A truck camper suits our life style now. My father-in-law rented truck campers in British Columbia until he was 88. But the short bed in the Big Foot would probably be a problem. The other issue for us with the Big Foot is that the closest dealer is 600 miles away and if we did have any issues, it's a long haul. I really wish there were more layouts to choose from in non-slide campers.

Paradox123
Explorer
Explorer
I have the Bigfoot you describe. It is not new. It is a 2005 model that we bought new. It is and has been a great camper.

kohldad
Explorer
Explorer
I am 51 now, and would not like to consider the tall steps that I had in my F-350 and camper back in the 90's.

I'm 52 and won't consider a MH because of the road limits. I want the TC because I want it all with me all the time, even when I'm way back in the woods because that is often where I find my campsites for the night. And those 4x4 van types just don't have as much room. My father is 81 and still enjoying his Bigfoot 3000.

My wife and I ruled out Bigfoot this weekend from our short upgrade list for one simple reason, the short 76" bed. While we are only 5-6 /5-7, combined the short bed with losing another 4" at the head because of the nose slope and our feet at right the bottom of the mattress. This means the covers are pulling down harder on your feet which bothers both of us.

Besides that issue, Bigfoot was one of the top contenders.
2015 Ram 3500 4x4 Crew Cab SRW 6.4 Hemi LB 3.73 (12.4 hand calc avg mpg after 92,000 miles with camper)
2004 Lance 815 (prev: 2004 FW 35'; 1994 TT 30'; Tents)

Golden_HVAC
Explorer
Explorer
I am 51 now, and would not like to consider the tall steps that I had in my F-350 and camper back in the 90's.

I would recommend upgrading to a class C motorhome, larger water tanks, dually with lighter overall weight, and the ability to dry camp longer than most pickups with a camper can do.

If you really want to off road, get a small 4x4 to tow behind for sightseeing.

I had a 1975 F-350 supercab SRW with a 3,600 pound cargo rating. It had a 8' bed, and that allowed me to carry a 1972 camper with a 9' long floor length. The long bed allows more weight to be transferred to the front axle, than a short bed, especially when there is a really long rear overhang.

I liked my layout a lot, it had a forward bath, taking up the forward 3' full width of the camper, with the closet streetside, and sink over the water heater on the curbside. Wet bath, with a raised dinette, and the blank tank under the dinette. Probably one of the first basement style campers, built by Coachman in 1972, only the dinette was raised, and the bathroom was raised too, with the fresh water tank forward, and under the hall part of the bathroom.

Good luck on your camper pick! You might make the best decision by driving the camper to the dealership as part of a vacation. . .

Fred.
Money can't buy happiness but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a

Porsche or Country Coach!

If there's a WILL, I want to be in it!

I havn't been everywhere, but it's on my list.

Kangen.com Alkaline water

Escapees.com