cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cool Mods - Thread restored 10/18/2012

2Rad4U
Explorer II
Explorer II
My daughter was getting a little warm in her bunk during our last camping trip, so I decided to put her a fan in to keep the air flowing.

I had been wanting to add a 12-volt fan to the main living area anyway, so I decided to tackle both jobs today. A trip to Wal-Mart for two fans($8.48 each) and we're halfway there.

She picked the spot, and I got to work -

I picked up the power from her overhead light. All I have left is to install a short piece of wire cover and I'm done -

I added one in the main area -

I dropped by Lowe's and found this cool soap dispenser. I also just installed these Pop-a-Toothbrush holders -

I added a sopa dispenser to the kitchen area as well. I also installed a Pop-a-Napkin under the radio -

Here's an easy mod. I found this over the door towel rack at Walmart and it works great -

Chris
2005 Rockwood 2516G (sold)
2005 Max-Lite 24RS (sold)
2019 Rockwood 2608BS (sold)
2020 Grand Design 337RLS
2018 Chevy 2500HD
2,727 REPLIES 2,727

bjsmmns
Explorer
Explorer
Kelly, I think that's pretty kewl too...

kelly94942
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone else think it's pretty amazing that Craig's TT used to be nubwon's? That's so cool!
Me and wonderful DH
Previous #1: 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 299BHS, 2007 Chevy Tahoe
Previous #2: 2010 Carriage Carri-Lite 36MAX1, 2008 Ford F-450 (full timed for two years)
Current: 2013 Dutchman Kodiak 300BHSL, 2004 Ford Excursion

pamvanw
Explorer
Explorer
It moves the discussion back to the top of the list so that if doesn't fade out by being several pages down.
Pam
2012 Arctic Fox 30U
2012 GMC Sierra 3500 D/A

1_Happy_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
Question.......what does "bump" mean? I've seen it on this thread several times but the responses don't say anything else.

Thanks!

And bumping is NOT ALLOWED in the forums!! If I see it, the post is GONE!!!!

2004 Ford F350 V10 CC LB; 4:30 = Beauty
2006 Keystone Cougar 290EFS = and The Beast
EZ Flex Suspension, Air Safe Hitch

nubwon
Explorer
Explorer
Hey Craig, that is our old travel trailer you have there. I hope you got it all fixed up good from Rita's damage. Its good to see that someone is getting more use from her. It was a great trailer for us, I hope she servs you well for many years.......NUB.....
If your gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough

2001 F250 POWER STROKE, PILGRIM 278RL SS, HOME BUILT 5'X 9' TEARDROP

stugpanzer
Explorer
Explorer
Good luck bjsmmns, now you will have Mod-idis!
2006 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37C
Mods: EEZRV Products TPMS, Cobra 29LX 50th Anniversary CB radio with Firestik NGP Antenna, Self contained sewer hose

bjsmmns
Explorer
Explorer
We haven't done any mods to our new TT, but fully intend to after looking at all of the amazing ideas ya'll have posted! I am very inspired!

Rubiranch
Explorer
Explorer
JeffBett wrote:

I like this alot, looks great.

Thanks stpauligirlmn, I think we are going to like that light.
Camp Host, from the other side.

newtrail
Explorer
Explorer
Previous owner of our TT gets the credit for this mod. Indoor clothesline. For those campgrounds that do not allow clotheslines outside. Our TT has two doors the clothesline is at the backdoor which is not used very often. We mostly use it for swimsuits or a towel or two.

Craig and Deann,daughter,son
01 Tahoe ( Miss Rita )
99 Dodge Qcab SLT 5.9

stpauligirlmn
Explorer
Explorer
Just browsed through some of the pictures of everyone's cool mods again. LOVE this thread! Everyone is so creative and we've picked up some great ideas. My spouse is sick of hearing me say, "hey! come look at this one!"

Love those little propane lights Rubiranch. Useful AND beautiful! Can't get better than that!

KB7PYF
Explorer
Explorer
Looks good!
Charlie - Amateur Radio Call - KB7PYF (CN87qr)
'99 F-250 Ford PSD short box extended cab 4x4 TT: Cougar 29.4 RLS TT (w/slide) and 21' Seaswirl Striper walk-around (salmon slayer)

JeffBett
Explorer
Explorer
We brought home our new Aerolite 21QS in July and I have been itching to get started on some Mods. Finally this weekend I was able to dig in. The pantry is 23" deep so you could hardly get to items in the back and everything bounced around a lot with every trip so I built some slide out shelves to fix the problems. I used some scrap wood I had around so my only cost was the $15 each for the full extension drawer slides from Home Depot.

I am also working on quieting the water pump, several storage optimizing projects including adding a diamond plate box to the A frame hitch area. I'll post each upon completion.
Jeff, Lori, Capri & Jacob
08 Aerolite 21QS
01 Ford F150 Supercrew

Rubiranch
Explorer
Explorer

I took this propane light out or our 1963 camper before I got rid of the camper. I bought the glass globe from Vintage Trailer Supply and installed it in our trailer.

I am now looking for another one to put in the bathroom because there is no heat in there. These lights put out a fair amount of heat and should keep the bathroom nice and warm.:B
Camp Host, from the other side.

Sir_Buffalo
Explorer
Explorer
one of the past posters added a diamond plate mud flap to protect his sewer lines....i thought it was a good idea. i am going to to the same i will post when done.
Sir Buffalo!
2006 Zinger by Crossroads 27BHS
2010 Toyota Tundra Crew Max 5.7

Hgarnerno1
Explorer
Explorer
]

I dropped by Lowe's and found this cool soap dispenser. I also just installed these Pop-a-Toothbrush holders -

[img

Some nice mods you have made. I added the tooth brush holders and they work great. While you are parked. Mine do not keep the toothbrushes in while traveling. The first trip with them I found the toothbrushes in the bathtub. Perhaps something to keep the lid from swinging while moving would work.
Howard, USN Ret
2000 Ford Excursion,V10, Limited
2003 Terry 27H. Super Slide