cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cool Mods - Thread restored 10/18/2012

2Rad4U
Explorer II
Explorer II
My daughter was getting a little warm in her bunk during our last camping trip, so I decided to put her a fan in to keep the air flowing.

I had been wanting to add a 12-volt fan to the main living area anyway, so I decided to tackle both jobs today. A trip to Wal-Mart for two fans($8.48 each) and we're halfway there.

She picked the spot, and I got to work -

I picked up the power from her overhead light. All I have left is to install a short piece of wire cover and I'm done -

I added one in the main area -

I dropped by Lowe's and found this cool soap dispenser. I also just installed these Pop-a-Toothbrush holders -

I added a sopa dispenser to the kitchen area as well. I also installed a Pop-a-Napkin under the radio -

Here's an easy mod. I found this over the door towel rack at Walmart and it works great -

Chris
2005 Rockwood 2516G (sold)
2005 Max-Lite 24RS (sold)
2019 Rockwood 2608BS (sold)
2020 Grand Design 337RLS
2018 Chevy 2500HD
2,727 REPLIES 2,727

In_The_Dawghous
Explorer
Explorer
skippy102162 wrote:
Nifty...and how much did that mod cost? ๐Ÿ˜‰

She wouldn't tell me.
Gordon, Susie, Diane, Catie, Susan, Shawn, Annie, Jessi, Keith, Selena.(Yes, 8 kids)
1 Dog Bonnie.
96 Rexhall Aerbus Class A (The Dawghouse II)

Castaway Campers site

Our Photos

skippy102162
Explorer
Explorer
Nifty...and how much did that mod cost? ๐Ÿ˜‰
๐Ÿ˜‰

DH 1959
ME 1962
2 DS home
1 DS college
1 DD college grad living and working in Omaha
2 DS ๐Ÿ™‚ 2 DDIL ๐Ÿ™‚ 2 grand babies

2000 Dodge Ram Van 1500
1998 Jayco 12 UD ST
Eureka Tent
Before our current PUP, had a 2005 Jayco Hybrid and a 92 Coleman PUP.

In_The_Dawghous
Explorer
Explorer
The DW said I was looking bored while I was driving so she got me a replacement for the stock stereo.

It plays Cds, DVDs, music on SD cards and USB drives. It has a TV Tuner, bluetooth phone, GPS and rearview camera.
Gordon, Susie, Diane, Catie, Susan, Shawn, Annie, Jessi, Keith, Selena.(Yes, 8 kids)
1 Dog Bonnie.
96 Rexhall Aerbus Class A (The Dawghouse II)

Castaway Campers site

Our Photos

trustymopars
Explorer
Explorer
I forgot to mention that we bought them at Lowe's, for about $18 apiece.
2014 Dodge Ram 3500QC CTD SRW
2015 Montana 3611RL Progressive 50W
Husky 16 K Slider

A rainy day camping is better than a sunny day at work.

ditchdoc1017
Explorer
Explorer
Thats a cool idea.

trustymopars
Explorer
Explorer
Here's some sliding baskets we added to our shelves they keep everything in place, and you don't have to stand on your head to get things out of the bottom cabinets.

They were easy to mount, but the short pins that hold the baskets to the sliders bounced out. A couple of dabs of silicone glue took care of that.
2014 Dodge Ram 3500QC CTD SRW
2015 Montana 3611RL Progressive 50W
Husky 16 K Slider

A rainy day camping is better than a sunny day at work.

portscanner
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I always travel together with our 5er. I have a short bed so we have a slider. I moved the lever for the release for the slider (not the release for the jaws) to the passenger side. When we get to someplace where we need to use the slider, the passenger jumps out and hits the lever. This allows the driver to remain safely in control of the vehicle (instead of setting the brake, turning off the engine, etc etc) and also keeps the driver from having to jump out in front of oncoming traffic as we get ready to turn into our driveway.
One beautiful wife -Trooper and Doc the furcampers
2019 Dodge 4500 Flatbed with 2013 Chalet TS116 http://www.brittanynews.us

Network-Man
Explorer
Explorer
kebmw wrote:
Does anyone know where I can find a picture of the 2 liter plastic bottle on the ends of the awning mod? A few nights ago I was looking at lots of mods on the internet and I saw a picture of it, but I can't remember where now.

Thanks in advance if you can help.

~ Karin

Karin,
I found the post, but I still haven't seen a picture.
Awning & Mildew post

Still looking.

-Joel

"The pursuit of perfection is frustrating and a waste of time. The pursuit of excellence is comendable and worthwhile. Therefore, strive for excellence, not perfection." -Alan Kulwicki
-Joel

"The pursuit of perfection is frustrating and a waste of time. The pursuit of excellence is comendable and worthwhile. Therefore, strive for excellence, not perfection." -Alan Kulwicki

onasafari
Explorer
Explorer
MarionMedic wrote:
I REALLY like the idea of replacing the j-steel sofa with a comfortable loveseat.

I just haven't figured out how to get the j-steel out, and the loveseat in, through the door.

It only took me about 15 minutes to get the j-steel couch out. The cushions are bolted (separately) to a frame and the frame is screwed into the walls. I basically disassembled it and took it out in pieces. I did the same thing with the dinette - one piece at a time. Luckily I had a spare battery on the charger for my power screwdriver ๐Ÿ˜‰

When it came to getting the loveseat in, we measured carefully before we bought and turned the loveseat on end to ease it through the door. We put the top of the back in first and then turned it towards the rear into an open corner of the coach to get the seat area in (like an "L" shape when you tackle it this way). We had to follow the same method to get the leather chair in.
Tom and Sherri
'10 Ford F250 XLT 6.4L Powerstroke, 4X4, Crewcab
'04 Jayco Eagle 308FBS

JaySki
Explorer
Explorer
MarionMedic wrote:
I REALLY like the idea of replacing the j-steel sofa with a comfortable loveseat.

I just haven't figured out how to get the j-steel out, and the loveseat in, through the door.

Getting the old out shouldn't pose too much of an issue.. You'll just have to do it in pieces.

Getting the new one in WILL be an issue. Most TT's are built from the inside out with exterior walls to be the last being put on.

MarionMedic
Explorer
Explorer

1997 Chevy 3500 LWB Crew-Cab Dually 6.5 turbo-diesel
2005 Jayco JayFlight 29BHS

Visit FREEDOM OF THE ROAD.

Your_Old_Dog
Explorer
Explorer
OnASafari, you turned your Jayco into a Sprinter! Looks just like our Sprinter 272RLS only you probably got a bathroom that can be used by big adults as your TT is longer!!

We have a factory dinette only the trestle style and the leg is always in the way of my feet. That table mount is much more practicable then what we have.

I'm toying with the idea of gutting out the entertainment area to make it larger so I can mount a household stereo in it. I'm told the 4 speakers are fine but our factory radio is junk so we have a surplus from the living room receiver to put into the trailer. How big a sub-woofer would it take to wake up a campground?? LOL
Unless tomorrow has been promised to you, you better get busy today.

onasafari
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the tips on the carpet and the nice comments everyone!!
Tom and Sherri
'10 Ford F250 XLT 6.4L Powerstroke, 4X4, Crewcab
'04 Jayco Eagle 308FBS

rondeb
Explorer
Explorer
Very NICE indeed. We have almost the exact floor plan and I have disliked that Dinette area since we bought the trailer. The sofa we have is uncomfortable to sit on and worse to sleep on. I really like what you have done. We already replaced the end chairs with 2 recliners, but I am going to have to show your handywork to my husband. I love the openess that you now have.

Use a VERY damp cloth over the depressions and then light use an iron to raise the depressions on the carpet.

bjsmmns
Explorer
Explorer
onasafari wrote:
stugpanzer wrote:
onasafari,
Excellent job!

Thanks - I still need to get the nap on the carpet to stand up where the dinette and divider walls were but time and a "carpet rake" of some sort should take care of that ๐Ÿ˜‰

I agree, it looks very "HOMEY". Have u thought of trying a steam cleaner on that carpet? It may stand up if it were to get wet, and vacuum upwards. And, it never hurts anything to clean it...Happy Camping!