cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cool Mods - Thread restored 10/18/2012

2Rad4U
Explorer II
Explorer II
My daughter was getting a little warm in her bunk during our last camping trip, so I decided to put her a fan in to keep the air flowing.

I had been wanting to add a 12-volt fan to the main living area anyway, so I decided to tackle both jobs today. A trip to Wal-Mart for two fans($8.48 each) and we're halfway there.

She picked the spot, and I got to work -

I picked up the power from her overhead light. All I have left is to install a short piece of wire cover and I'm done -

I added one in the main area -

I dropped by Lowe's and found this cool soap dispenser. I also just installed these Pop-a-Toothbrush holders -

I added a sopa dispenser to the kitchen area as well. I also installed a Pop-a-Napkin under the radio -

Here's an easy mod. I found this over the door towel rack at Walmart and it works great -

Chris
2005 Rockwood 2516G (sold)
2005 Max-Lite 24RS (sold)
2019 Rockwood 2608BS (sold)
2020 Grand Design 337RLS
2018 Chevy 2500HD
2,727 REPLIES 2,727

jiga20001
Explorer
Explorer
MicDuran wrote:
03281 - doesn't that ice maker need space for the heat? The manual says to be sure there is a 6" clearance. How are you venting yours? I'd like to do something similar.

I did not vent it at all. The cab that it is in is pretty big. It gets plenty of circulation. Barely gets warm in the cab that its in. If it was a problem though it would be pretty easy to put a vent going to the outside of the rig. There are all types of screened vents out there that would work fine. I guess its just a matter of weather you are scared to cut a whole in you rig or not. I am not!:B
Jeff
97 Sandpiper, 14' slide
MY MARTIN TRUEX FORUM

MicDuran
Explorer
Explorer
03281 - doesn't that ice maker need space for the heat? The manual says to be sure there is a 6" clearance. How are you venting yours? I'd like to do something similar.
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire, but it takes a whole box to start a campfire? :h
Happy Camping,
Michelle

jiga20001
Explorer
Explorer
mooreadventures wrote:
All you have to do is jumper the 3 & 4 pin. I've done it several times.

I thought about getting another 'car end' and attaching it to my a-frame like 03281 did, then wire-in a switch. It also makes good scence for protecting the plug.

Thanks for the great idea!
I always figured it would look neat to have my running lights on at night but never put any thought into how to do it. I tried the fuse trick and it worked great. Being on a permanent site, I decided to take it one step further and put it on a switch.
Thanks again!

97 Sandpiper, 14' slide
MY MARTIN TRUEX FORUM

copter
Explorer
Explorer
Standard flasher works good too.
06 GRAYSTONE LBZ | MBRP 4" TURBO BACK | NOR*CALTRUCK 4-6 LIFT | AMP STEPS | 4300k HID'S | KMC DIESELS
06 COACHMEN ADRENALINE 314FS TOY HAULER | CLEAR LEDS | A&E POWER AWNING | ON BOARD AIR
05 HONDA 450R & HONDA 400EX

ScottandCathy
Explorer
Explorer
a basic flat blade auto fuse fits perfectly between the pins. You dont need to buy and extra parts. I have used a 10A on several occasions.
06 Dodge Ram 2500HD MegaCab 4x4, Cummins I6 5.9 CIT, 3.73 gears
Prodigy brake controller, Reese dual cam sway/WD
08 Jayco Eagle 314BHDS

mooreadventures
Explorer
Explorer
All you have to do is jumper the 3 & 4 pin. I've done it several times.

I thought about getting another 'car end' and attaching it to my a-frame like 03281 did, then wire-in a switch. It also makes good scence for protecting the plug.

Mark & Tammy
'05 Monaco Cheetah

takeakidcamping
Explorer
Explorer
Hey 03281,could you give me more detail how you did the jumper on the 7 way plug?That sounds like a good idea.Thanks

jiga20001
Explorer
Explorer
Doug33 wrote:
How does the slide come in with the fireplace there, or is this a permanent site where you keep the slides out all the time?

Its on a permanent site, But I have moved the rig a few times.
Fireplace is quite light. I just put it on my bed, Tuck it under the covers and shes good to go. Takes around 2 minutes to do.
Jeff
97 Sandpiper, 14' slide
MY MARTIN TRUEX FORUM

Doug33
Explorer
Explorer
How does the slide come in with the fireplace there, or is this a permanent site where you keep the slides out all the time?
2014 Keystone Bullet 281BHS
2002 Chevy Avalanche 5.3L 4x4
Equalizer hitch
Nights spent camping in 2015: 25
Next trip: mid-April 2016?

Explorer
Explorer
I bought an extra 7-pin female plug. I put a jumper between the 12V and the clearance lights pins. I plug my FW cable into it when we leave the site before dark. That way the clearance lights are on when we get back, and our rig really stands out from all the others making it easy to find.

jiga20001
Explorer
Explorer
Well I have these mods in my thread titled "SOME PICS"but I figured I would add them here where they belong.

Bass fishing wallpaper border.
I still have more of this I need to put up.

More border:

8" powered bass tube. Wired into stereo which is also hooked up to my laptop and tv. Sounds pretty good and is hidden behind a closed door.

The black switch on the left turns the amp on and off.

I love this little thing:

Fireplace. Looks like it has always been there. Throws pretty good heat and looks nice at night. Also the coffee table I found left over at a yard sale for free. Painted it to match.

Here is what it looked like before the fireplace. I think it looks much better with!

Lights.
The lights around the slideout look really nice at night. I use them every night:

Decals. I put these little decals in the shower to keep with the fish / fishing theme:

Shoe rack turned Sandle rack. Works great to hose off your dirty sandles:

Ice maker (under microwave). I am not done with this mod yet, But it makes around 2-3 bags a day:

Desk. Found this left over at a yard sale free. painted to match rig.

Shower lighting:

Skirting:

Little soap / Shampoo corner rack. Also shower curtain rod works well for drying things:

More pics in my signature.
Jeff
97 Sandpiper, 14' slide
MY MARTIN TRUEX FORUM

sunline1
Explorer
Explorer
Hence the 03281, I guess I'm not too bright. At any rate looks like a nice camper. Sunline1

Explorer
Explorer
We have an 03 Jayco 281 with 3 slides. We really love the layout .

sunline1
Explorer
Explorer

Looks good, if i might ask what trailer do you have make and model, floor plan looks interesting to me. Thanks

Sunline1

Explorer
Explorer
This is mounted really solid. I ran a bead of clear caulk around the edge to keep water out.