cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cool Mods - Thread restored 10/18/2012

2Rad4U
Explorer II
Explorer II
My daughter was getting a little warm in her bunk during our last camping trip, so I decided to put her a fan in to keep the air flowing.

I had been wanting to add a 12-volt fan to the main living area anyway, so I decided to tackle both jobs today. A trip to Wal-Mart for two fans($8.48 each) and we're halfway there.

She picked the spot, and I got to work -

I picked up the power from her overhead light. All I have left is to install a short piece of wire cover and I'm done -

I added one in the main area -

I dropped by Lowe's and found this cool soap dispenser. I also just installed these Pop-a-Toothbrush holders -

I added a sopa dispenser to the kitchen area as well. I also installed a Pop-a-Napkin under the radio -

Here's an easy mod. I found this over the door towel rack at Walmart and it works great -

Chris
2005 Rockwood 2516G (sold)
2005 Max-Lite 24RS (sold)
2019 Rockwood 2608BS (sold)
2020 Grand Design 337RLS
2018 Chevy 2500HD
2,727 REPLIES 2,727

AZ_T_T
Explorer
Explorer
Fisherguy wrote:
Good idea, but why not use drawer slide hardware?

2 reasons: 1.) All the items I used I already owned. 2.) The wife wanted to be able to pull the drawer completely out and I thought this would be easiest.

I did check into some floor mount drawer slides and they were quite expensive.
AZ T&T
2012 Jayco Eagle Super Lite 29.5RKS
2011 Chevy 2500 HD 4x4 Duramax
B&W Companion Hitch - Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
Honda EU2000i Generator

Fisherguy
Explorer
Explorer
Good idea, but why not use drawer slide hardware?
06 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins 6 spd std with a few goodies.

2007 Komfort 274TS, 480 watts solar, Trimetric 2025RV, PD9280, Honda EU2000i, Xantrex SW600

2019 Timber Ridge 24RLS, 600 watts solar, 3-100Ah Lithiums, 12volt Norcold Fridge

locknload223
Explorer
Explorer
Excellent work on the drawer!!
2010 Flagstaff 831RKSS

2000 Excursion Limited PowerStroke Diesel- ATS ported turbo housing, 6.0 I/C, FRx, HPx & boot kit, DiPricol Optix gauges, DP Tuner-80t, Drive-Thru, 80e, 120race,6637, Exhaust, AIH/foil delete, 4" lift, Airbags, Dunlop 315/75/16's.

AZ_T_T
Explorer
Explorer
I finally got around to doing something with the wasted space under our sofa bed.

It just had a board attached with velcro.

I built a drawer and am using furniture glides to let it slide on the carpet.

It makes for a large storage area.

Heavy duty magnetic drawer clasps hold it in place.

The D.W. has always needed more pantry space, so she plans on using this drawer for kitchen storage.

When posting photos on RV.Net please adhere to a max size of 640X480 pixels!!!

AZ T&T
2012 Jayco Eagle Super Lite 29.5RKS
2011 Chevy 2500 HD 4x4 Duramax
B&W Companion Hitch - Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
Honda EU2000i Generator

gasdad
Explorer
Explorer
Nice job

my_toys
Explorer
Explorer
Great idea, looks good too. It could save you some major bucks if you ever have a blow out.
2014 Jayco Jayflight Swift 264BH
2008 Nissan Pathfinder

Nancy-USAF Veteran; Dear Hubby Joe-USAF Retired

Why do we have to push 1 for English?

Fisherguy
Explorer
Explorer
Did the following this past spring.

Our Komfort only has Darco above the tires, we travel a lot of gravel/dirt roads and I was concerned about rocks, sticks etc punching a hole in the Darco letting water in, see this thread:
What's in your fenders?

So I lined them with galvanized sheet metal sprayed with undercoating and added mudflaps front and back to contain the******flying around.

Here's some before pics:

A shot of the seal for the slide above the front wheel on the left side, figured a liner would lessen the chances of water getting through the seal:

Work in progress:

Finished:

The slide seal area:

The steps for our back door are right behind the rear tire, it gets covered in mud so I enclosed the bottom and front with galvanized sheet while I was at it, works really well.

Did the EX-Flex suspension at the same time and got rid of the Chinese Mission 15" D rated tires and put on 16" BFG Commercial TA's on new 6" wheels.
06 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins 6 spd std with a few goodies.

2007 Komfort 274TS, 480 watts solar, Trimetric 2025RV, PD9280, Honda EU2000i, Xantrex SW600

2019 Timber Ridge 24RLS, 600 watts solar, 3-100Ah Lithiums, 12volt Norcold Fridge

RUFFSTUFF
Explorer
Explorer
frmilmo wrote:

#2- Hung weather station on hall wall with 3m sticky's

I used velcro so I could take it off to remove or replace the batteries as necessary.
2014 KZ Inferno 3712T
2015 Ford F350 DRW Platinum 6.7L
2010 Ford F250 Crew Cab 6.4L

frmilmo
Explorer
Explorer
Can't believe I just finished reading all 165 pages of this thread, I have found so many wonderful ideas and great information here than I ever thought I would.
The mods I have done are as follows #1- brass elbow at water connection to keep hose from kinking
#2- Hung weather station on hall wall with 3m sticky's
See how handy I am!
Now to get brave enough to try some of what I have learned! Thanks all for the great ideas.

phlyphyshr
Explorer
Explorer
Just purchased 14, 42smd led replacements for the 1141 bulbs throughout the interior of my TT. The stated output of these is 200 lumens, while not quite as bright as the 1141's, I'm quite happy with the result and looking forward to using them while boondocking (which we do 90% of the time).
The price was right on these as well $4.69 for 2 units, received them, well packed in 8 days.
Bought them from this seller on EBAY

RUFFSTUFF
Explorer
Explorer
BarneyS wrote:

Yes, as long as the glue on the wall paper holds up!
Barney

It's all in the details!
2014 KZ Inferno 3712T

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
wbrown62 wrote:
Snip... I used Liquid Nails oon the board, so yes, it is permanent.

Yes, as long as the glue on the wall paper holds up!
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

wbrown62
Explorer
Explorer
love2rvcamp wrote:
So the mods I made I used velco or tape, time will tell if it holds after traveling and use.

You should try the 3M Command strips. They hold extremely well and come off wothout damage to the surface.

I have done very few mods, but here is a small one I completed not long ago. Didn't have a good place for a toilet paper holder and I was against drilling through the wall since I was unsure about what was behind. I used Liquid Nails oon the board, so yes, it is permanent.

2011 Keystone Bullet 246RBS
2000 Chevrolet Silverado

RUFFSTUFF
Explorer
Explorer
ShadySkins wrote:
Wilderness 320 DBHS wrote:
I saw a new TT with some led lights that were at the bottom of the entry door that shined onto the steps, and could not find anywhere to get such a thing. One day at Walmart I saw a package of flex lights(two small 12v stips of leds made to put on a car)and after some thought of how to wire them up, I bought a set, and love the results.

Wow - that looks really good. Nice and easy to find the steps after a few too many ๐Ÿ™‚

If that's the case, have a few more and you won't mind sleeping on the ground.
2014 KZ Inferno 3712T

ShadySkins
Explorer
Explorer
Wilderness 320 DBHS wrote:
I saw a new TT with some led lights that were at the bottom of the entry door that shined onto the steps, and could not find anywhere to get such a thing. One day at Walmart I saw a package of flex lights(two small 12v stips of leds made to put on a car)and after some thought of how to wire them up, I bought a set, and love the results.

Wow - that looks really good. Nice and easy to find the steps after a few too many ๐Ÿ™‚
2011 KZ 321BHS
Pulled by a 2007 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 5.7
Connected with a Reese Dual Cam
Stopped by a Tekonsha P3