cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cool Mods - Thread restored 10/18/2012

2Rad4U
Explorer II
Explorer II
My daughter was getting a little warm in her bunk during our last camping trip, so I decided to put her a fan in to keep the air flowing.

I had been wanting to add a 12-volt fan to the main living area anyway, so I decided to tackle both jobs today. A trip to Wal-Mart for two fans($8.48 each) and we're halfway there.

She picked the spot, and I got to work -

I picked up the power from her overhead light. All I have left is to install a short piece of wire cover and I'm done -

I added one in the main area -

I dropped by Lowe's and found this cool soap dispenser. I also just installed these Pop-a-Toothbrush holders -

I added a sopa dispenser to the kitchen area as well. I also installed a Pop-a-Napkin under the radio -

Here's an easy mod. I found this over the door towel rack at Walmart and it works great -

Chris
2005 Rockwood 2516G (sold)
2005 Max-Lite 24RS (sold)
2019 Rockwood 2608BS (sold)
2020 Grand Design 337RLS
2018 Chevy 2500HD
2,727 REPLIES 2,727

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
T3rry1 wrote:
I posted this in HTT because that;'s what this is, but it's not very active over there so i figured i'd throw it up here as well.

Hey all, first time poster, this is my 3rd trailer, first 2 were tent trailers, this is a Aerolite Cub C215.

First mod on all of my trailers is interior lighting, i replaced the stock bulbs with SMD Led panels, gives considerably more light, with less power usage.

Welcome to the Forum! I see you like to give some more light inside and being new you may have Missed This mod. Puts more light and air in and looks great and you can see out a lot better.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

T3rry1
Explorer
Explorer
PennyPA wrote:
I like this mod. Question: Does this light strip also show up if the awning isn't out?
yes it does, it doesn't light up quite as nice because it actually uses the bottom of the awning to reflect out the light, but it does work.

as you can see in the first pic, it's very visible with the awning rolled up, that pic is with it put away.

PennyPA
Explorer
Explorer
I like this mod. Question: Does this light strip also show up if the awning isn't out?
COPD and LVRS
On the Road Again

My Home - 2002 Glendale Titanium, 32/37DS with a basement slide.
Our Home's Leader - Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins Turbo Diesel Dually

Our Leaders - Sam(Bird), Chirp(Bird), Nellie(FAT cat), Lucy(Kitten), Willie(Dog) & Daisy(Dog)

Limoges_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
crochetdiva wrote:
I'm wondering if anybody has added a washer to a travel trailer?
I added a bunch of these to mine. ๐Ÿ˜„
Just learning all about trailering with something longer than my 17 1/2' boat or pop-up tent trailer.

I accept any and all advice you can give me, and I hope to be able to help in my limited capacity. ๐Ÿ™‚

T3rry1
Explorer
Explorer
I posted this in HTT because that;'s what this is, but it's not very active over there so i figured i'd throw it up here as well.

Hey all, first time poster, this is my 3rd trailer, first 2 were tent trailers, this is a Aerolite Cub C215.

First mod on all of my trailers is interior lighting, i replaced the stock bulbs with SMD Led panels, gives considerably more light, with less power usage.

Sorry no Before pic.

Next mod is a Flatscreen TV, i think this is a 26inch? it's wall mounted, i have the mount stiff enough that i can move enough, but loose enough that it just sits there without additional support while traveling.

it also has a built in DVD player, and USB, so no need for extra components, just needs a power cord, nice and clean.

And last is my exterior lighting, for this i used waterproof led light strip from eBay, tapped in to the exterior light (and removed the bulb from the orange light), so now this is controlled by the factory switch for the exterior light.

Cleaned it up with some white duct tape, and ran a strip of clear gorilla tape over the entire strip to try to keep it clean and secure (especially at highway speeds, not sure i'd trust the stock adhesive)

Lights up the campsite very well, without blinding you if you look at it.

Planned future mods, is LED strips in the outside storage, inside cupboards and a step light, all switch operated so they are only on when the respective door is open.
Also building a stabilizer setup, based off of rockeeze.. hope it works alright.
and i hope to implement some storage options, many of which i found on here.
Oh also a rear hitch for the bike rack, and for our paddle boat, my brother is a journeyman welder so we'll get it done right!

crochetdiva
Explorer
Explorer
I'm wondering if anybody has added a washer to a travel trailer?

SabreCanuck
Explorer
Explorer
I love this thread.. LOL

actually only posting to re-subscribe....
2011 GMC 2500 D-Max Denali
2015 Palomino Columbus 325RL
Our kids have 4 legs. ๐Ÿ™‚

Robbieo11
Explorer
Explorer
Youtube vid list

Here are some vids i made

Limoges_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
no2tracks wrote:
I painted my 4 way lug wrench a different color on 3 ends. That way once I find the right size to use for a wheel R&R I can quickly use the correct 'color' after setting it down and changing wheels then picking it up again. I also painted the lug bolts the same color(orange and they're behind a hubcap) as the correct size and since I use the 4 way on my stabilizers, I painted those heads as well (white).

Well, it's always the simplest ideas to implement that are the handiest! Great idea: my wife and I agree that we should implement this (once Winter is gone with her snow...).
Just learning all about trailering with something longer than my 17 1/2' boat or pop-up tent trailer.

I accept any and all advice you can give me, and I hope to be able to help in my limited capacity. ๐Ÿ™‚

Bigbird65
Explorer
Explorer
Ditto. Robbieo, why not put some of your best mods over here?

Ken
2017 RAM 1500 Quad Cab 5.7L Hemi, 8 speed 3.21
2018 Winnebago Minnie 2250DS

dewey02
Explorer II
Explorer II
Robbieo11 wrote:
Hay all
just found the site and have been cruising around the site and joined.
I have been over on keystone.org posting all my mods
Passport 3220 mods

Thought i would share

chr$ wrote:
Cannot see any of the mods if we are not members...

Agree with chr$, non-members of keystone forum cannot see any of the images, and I don't really want to join a forum that I won't be actively participating in.

chr_
Explorer
Explorer
Cannot see any of the mods if we are not members...
-CHR$
1996 Safari Sahara Edition 35' Diesel Pusher. Just getting the Solar stuff started.

Robbieo11
Explorer
Explorer
Hay all
just found the site and have been cruising around the site and joined.
I have been over on keystone.org posting all my mods
Passport 3220 mods

Thought i would share

chr_
Explorer
Explorer
Bigbird65 wrote:
no2tracks wrote:
I painted my 4 way lug wrench a different color on 3 ends. That way once I find the right size to use for a wheel R&R I can quickly use the correct 'color' after setting it down and changing wheels then picking it up again. I also painted the lug bolts the same color(orange and they're behind a hubcap) as the correct size and since I use the 4 way on my stabilizers, I painted those heads as well (white).

Great idea.

X2
-CHR$
1996 Safari Sahara Edition 35' Diesel Pusher. Just getting the Solar stuff started.

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
no2tracks wrote:

lol, yea that is a great idea. After decades of changing tires, I ALWAYS seem to grab the wrong size socket the first time.