cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cool Mods - Thread restored 10/18/2012

2Rad4U
Explorer II
Explorer II
My daughter was getting a little warm in her bunk during our last camping trip, so I decided to put her a fan in to keep the air flowing.

I had been wanting to add a 12-volt fan to the main living area anyway, so I decided to tackle both jobs today. A trip to Wal-Mart for two fans($8.48 each) and we're halfway there.

She picked the spot, and I got to work -

I picked up the power from her overhead light. All I have left is to install a short piece of wire cover and I'm done -

I added one in the main area -

I dropped by Lowe's and found this cool soap dispenser. I also just installed these Pop-a-Toothbrush holders -

I added a sopa dispenser to the kitchen area as well. I also installed a Pop-a-Napkin under the radio -

Here's an easy mod. I found this over the door towel rack at Walmart and it works great -

Chris
2005 Rockwood 2516G (sold)
2005 Max-Lite 24RS (sold)
2019 Rockwood 2608BS (sold)
2020 Grand Design 337RLS
2018 Chevy 2500HD
2,727 REPLIES 2,727

Nicholsfamily05
Explorer
Explorer
Looks great.
We also have them under our rig but ur right about the 3M tape. So we bought a roll of the heavy duty stuff and taped it to the back and it worked awesome. 3 years later still going strong.

But they make it look awesome at night!!
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 Big Horn Crew Cab, SRW. Cummins Turbo Diesel Automatic 68RFE Trans
50 gallon diesel Transfer Flow tank with the Traxx 3 system.
2017 Sierra FLIK 5th Wheel
42' Front Livingroom, 15K
Hydraulic level up system

hbrady
Explorer
Explorer
Did the old LED under side lights on my TT this weekend with a little different twist so I thought I'd share. Picked up two rolls of cheap LED's on Amazon Link and a 12v remote control with dimmer Link. I wired the setup into my 12v supply for stabilizer jack under rear bunk. After reading about how many people have issues with the 3M adhesive backing letting go I decided to mount with cable ties. Down the right side I was able to cable tie to the metal LP line, on the left side I used two cable ties, one around the bolt for the underbelly skin and one attached to the first one. Yea, it's not pretty but no one is going to see it. The picture below is from before I trimmed cable ties and tightened bolt back up.

2015 RAM 2500 HD Crew Cab w/ 5.7L Gas
2018 SportTrek 290vik
Blue Ox SwayPro

RSD559
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry, the bracket that allows the bend is in the middle of the frame. About even with the hinge in the cover.
2020 Torque T314 Toy Hauler Travel Trailer- 38' tip to tip.
2015 F-350 6.7L Diesel, SRW.
2021 Can Am Defender 6 seater. Barely fits in the toy hauler!

RSD559
Explorer
Explorer
The frame, with the legs removed, bends up about 45 degrees. Easy access.

Bobandshawn
Explorer
Explorer
RSD559 wrote:
The frame is set. Here's a photo with just the frame. The mattress is still de-compressing.

Can you still access the storage underneath the bed?

RSD559
Explorer
Explorer
The frame is set. Here's a photo with just the frame. The mattress is still de-compressing.

RSD559
Explorer
Explorer
Yep. When I finish I will post pics.

chr_
Explorer
Explorer
RSD559 wrote:
I think my best RV investment to date. A Pragma adjustable bed. Bought the frame from Walmart and the memoryfoam mattress from Amazon. The queen fits almost perfectly on the pedastle. Its about 3 inches longer, but that allows the foot-side leg brackets to hang over the edge. I did have to remove the center bracket that holds the center supports and cut off the legs. But I cleaned up the edges and re-painted them. The front and back legs came off with screws. I have a bad back, so this will allow me to sleep pain free. The wife is looking forward to being able to recline and enjoy a video. I'll report back in a few weeks after our first trip with it.

Sounds like a good idea. Can you post a pic?
-CHR$
1996 Safari Sahara Edition 35' Diesel Pusher. Just getting the Solar stuff started.

Nicholsfamily05
Explorer
Explorer
We added remote controlled, color changing LED strip lights on top of our main slide inside.

We added a 10watt LED light on the rear fan cover for the flag pole on the rear of the camper

And then we did a flag pole mount on the front hitch along with our American Eagle decal.
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 Big Horn Crew Cab, SRW. Cummins Turbo Diesel Automatic 68RFE Trans
50 gallon diesel Transfer Flow tank with the Traxx 3 system.
2017 Sierra FLIK 5th Wheel
42' Front Livingroom, 15K
Hydraulic level up system

RSD559
Explorer
Explorer
I think my best RV investment to date. A Pragma adjustable bed. Bought the frame from Walmart and the memoryfoam mattress from Amazon. The queen fits almost perfectly on the pedastle. Its about 3 inches longer, but that allows the foot-side leg brackets to hang over the edge. I did have to remove the center bracket that holds the center supports and cut off the legs. But I cleaned up the edges and re-painted them. The front and back legs came off with screws. I have a bad back, so this will allow me to sleep pain free. The wife is looking forward to being able to recline and enjoy a video. I'll report back in a few weeks after our first trip with it.

hbrady
Explorer
Explorer
I know others have done this but I wanted to show my before and after pictures which really illustrate the difference LED lights make. These are bulbs I have used before so I trust them but they are pricey for sure. I got them on Amazon (Alla Lighting CANBUS Error Free Extremely Super Bright T10 Wedge ) and they were $12 for 2 bulbs. You can get bulbs for much less but I'm not sure about the longevity, many of the cheap bulbs have a reputation for 'flickering' after a few hours of usage. So, $95 bucks for 16 bulbs but the difference is amazing. I didn't replace every bulb, I kept the stock bulbs over the beds and over the couch so people aren't blinded when using the light in the middle of the night :C You can really see the difference if you look behind bathroom door in the bunk area.

2015 RAM 2500 HD Crew Cab w/ 5.7L Gas
2018 SportTrek 290vik
Blue Ox SwayPro

Tax_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Just finished 248 pages of mods. WOW. I have looked at other mod pages and these are unique. Very practical. Before the season starts I will be busy. This weekend I have a lot of work to do.
Traveling around with the wife and fur kid.
Keep on Truckin (It's a 70s thing)
2022 HR Vacationer 35K (Ford Chassis)
2007 Jeep Liberty Limited 4x4 (Toad)

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
Bigbird65 wrote:
"Do power hitches have a manual override?"

Dumb question of the day. What is a power hitch?

I really like your towel rack eDUBz. Looks very practical.

Thanks. Needed something simple and easy function, we are always
Camping at the State beaches and some how only bring 2 towels or one is missing inside the the TH and kids are fighting over the one towel.
LBZ - Stealth TH - RZR 900 4 - Honda 450X - Paddleboarder - Fisherman - Kayaker

no2tracks
Explorer
Explorer
Bigbird65 wrote:

It's a power tongue jack, and yes they have a manual override. It's a crank handle and an adapter
1987 21'Kit Companion

Bigbird65
Explorer
Explorer

2017 RAM 1500 Quad Cab 5.7L Hemi, 8 speed 3.21
2018 Winnebago Minnie 2250DS