cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cool Mods - Thread restored 10/18/2012

2Rad4U
Explorer II
Explorer II
My daughter was getting a little warm in her bunk during our last camping trip, so I decided to put her a fan in to keep the air flowing.

I had been wanting to add a 12-volt fan to the main living area anyway, so I decided to tackle both jobs today. A trip to Wal-Mart for two fans($8.48 each) and we're halfway there.

She picked the spot, and I got to work -

I picked up the power from her overhead light. All I have left is to install a short piece of wire cover and I'm done -

I added one in the main area -

I dropped by Lowe's and found this cool soap dispenser. I also just installed these Pop-a-Toothbrush holders -

I added a sopa dispenser to the kitchen area as well. I also installed a Pop-a-Napkin under the radio -

Here's an easy mod. I found this over the door towel rack at Walmart and it works great -

Chris
2005 Rockwood 2516G (sold)
2005 Max-Lite 24RS (sold)
2019 Rockwood 2608BS (sold)
2020 Grand Design 337RLS
2018 Chevy 2500HD
2,727 REPLIES 2,727

85AllegroSam
Explorer
Explorer
cdgm wrote:
MarionMedic wrote:
So,
You guys have found "plexiglass" to be too delicate for RV use???

I'll have to make a note of that.

.............:h

Just make sure your plexiglass is Lexan brand and you will have some tough stuff. There are other brands of Plexiglass that work too, just be sure it is polycarbonate as was said earlier. Some manufacturers of plexiglass do their best to confuse us. Polycarbonate whatever the brand seems to do the job as far as I know. I paid a little more to get Lexan brand just to avoid getting sucked in. I did not want the hassle of working with bad stuff. I cut the Lexan with a sabre saw and drilled holes like it was butter but carefully. Not a mishapp in over 60 holes, and 32 rounded corners on my storm windows. I kept putting off doing my project because I was hearing about how difficult it was to drill through plexiglass, and how susceptible it was to cracking while working with it. The fears were groundless with the 3/32" Lexan.
2008 Dutchmen Kodiak 27CDSL,-94Dodg4x4Cummins- Mods:Auto switchover Honda EU3000IS gen cabeled to gen in truck.-Propride 3P hitch:)-Cold weather mods:Valves/tanks heated-insulated, storm windows, plumbing drains to low point. Barker 24" tongue jack

copter
Explorer
Explorer
Bonefish wrote:
Look for a company that deals in plastics in your area.

I had a Lexan pannel (3/32"x22.5"x24.5")cut to replace the white opaque one in the door for $23 plus tax. I installed it myself.
I have now replace all the opaque pannels so now we can see out the door floor to ceiling.

Bonefish

Cheaper option at CW

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/product/replacement-screen-door-slides/1858
06 GRAYSTONE LBZ | MBRP 4" TURBO BACK | NOR*CALTRUCK 4-6 LIFT | AMP STEPS | 4300k HID'S | KMC DIESELS
06 COACHMEN ADRENALINE 314FS TOY HAULER | CLEAR LEDS | A&E POWER AWNING | ON BOARD AIR
05 HONDA 450R & HONDA 400EX

NJ6PACK
Explorer
Explorer
MarionMedic wrote:
So,

.............:h
2007 Max Lite ML28 RS
1999 Ford E 350 Super Duty 15 Passenger Ext Van
6.8L V10 / 3.73 Gears

MarionMedic
Explorer
Explorer
So,

Thanks.
1997 Chevy 3500 LWB Crew-Cab Dually 6.5 turbo-diesel
2005 Jayco JayFlight 29BHS

Visit FREEDOM OF THE ROAD.

Bonefish
Explorer
Explorer
Look for a company that deals in plastics in your area.

I had a Lexan pannel (3/32"x22.5"x24.5")cut to replace the white opaque one in the door for $23 plus tax. I installed it myself.
I have now replace all the opaque pannels so now we can see out the door floor to ceiling.

Bonefish

swebber
Explorer
Explorer
JBarca wrote:
....Plexiglas is not the same material as polycarbonate and while cheaper, it also cracks faster. I cannot remember the plastic that Plexiglas is....

Plexiglas is acrylic glass.
Steve Webber
2013 RAM 3500 Dually, 6.7 Cummins and all the bells and whistles
2009 Jayco Eagle 324BHDS "CramalotInn III",Reese DCHP, Atwood 3500, BAL Deluxe Chocks, Weber Baby Q & Q200, Champion 2000W Inverter & 4000W gennie's
My Camping Pic's

JBarca
Nomad II
Nomad II
sweethome alabama wrote:
Jbarca, Nice job on the screen door. I've been wanting to do mine for a while. Is the lexan you bought tinted? I briefly looked at lowes and couldn't remember if they handled both styles. That will give me something to do before camping season. Great job. Thanks Mike

Mine are not tinted. But that is a personal choice. I have seen some that are and they like them, just we do not.

Lowes around here did not have Lexan,only Plexiglas, but Home Depot does. Lexan is the trade name and the material is Polycarbonate. There are other brands of Polycarbonate and they are OK as well.

Plexiglas is not the same material as polycarbonate and while cheaper, it also cracks faster. I cannot remember the plastic that Plexiglas is.

Good luck and the mod is well worth it.

John
2005 Ford F350 Super Duty, 4x4; 6.8L V10 with 4.10 RA, 21,000 GCWR, 11,000 GVWR, upgraded 2 1/2" Towbeast Receiver. Hitched with a 1,700# Reese HP WD, HP Dual Cam to a 2004 Sunline Solaris T310R travel trailer.

sweethome_alaba
Explorer
Explorer
Jbarca, Nice job on the screen door. I've been wanting to do mine for a while. Is the lexan you bought tinted? I briefly looked at lowes and couldn't remember if they handled both styles. That will give me something to do before camping season. Great job. Thanks Mike
04 suburban 1500
00 silverado 1500
05 jayco 27bh
Couldn't get rig to post,so here is my burgler alarm!!

our pics

mobeewan
Explorer
Explorer
I got a white curved shower rod from bed bath and beyond and it was lousey. The set of brackets that mounted to the wall had a round post like lug that the bar end brackets set down on. The rod sagged an inch and a half and was able to be raised moved up and down a couple inches. Also the set screws that secured the brackets from seperating had to be retightened. I got a second one from Ace Hardware. It is a much better design. The wall bracket has a flat tab at the top and bottom the bar end brackets sets between. They are secured with one screw through the top and one screw through the bottom. Both screws thread into the bar end bracket holding both brackets solidly together to keep the brackets solidly together as one piece. The rod barely moves when putting up and down pressure on it. I also saw the same one Ace has at True Value in chrome. I had to cut the same amount off each end of the rod when I mounted the first one. I reused the already cut rod when I installed the brackets from the second rod.

Explorer
Explorer
EDIT

Empty_Nest__Soo
Explorer
Explorer
Wayne & Michelle

1997 Safari Sahara 3540

dutchman28rgs
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks I ordered from Lakeside last night. It looks like a good place to get camper stuff.

shadows4
Explorer III
Explorer III
lledman wrote:
dutchman28rgs wrote:
Where did you find the curved shower curtain rod ?? We have a very small shower/tub.

I ordered mine online from either ABC Distributing or Lakeside

I ordered mine from Lakeside, was very pleased with their quick service. John
2016 4X4 F350,CC,SB,Lariat,6.7L diesel,
2015 Coachmen Chapparal 324 TSRK
B&W Patriot 16K hitch.

Bob_Vaughn
Explorer
Explorer
My son got his at Wal-Mart.....I looked the last time I was in our wally world and sure enough they had them....

lledman
Explorer
Explorer
dutchman28rgs wrote:
Where did you find the curved shower curtain rod ?? We have a very small shower/tub.

I ordered mine online from either ABC Distributing or Lakeside
Lisa, Chris, Tyler (12), Devin (4), & Tyra (3)

2007 Dodge Ram 2500
2008 Rockwood Roo 26RS

http://www.kodakgallery.com/ledmanfamily/camping