cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cool Mods - Thread restored 10/18/2012

2Rad4U
Explorer II
Explorer II
My daughter was getting a little warm in her bunk during our last camping trip, so I decided to put her a fan in to keep the air flowing.

I had been wanting to add a 12-volt fan to the main living area anyway, so I decided to tackle both jobs today. A trip to Wal-Mart for two fans($8.48 each) and we're halfway there.

She picked the spot, and I got to work -

I picked up the power from her overhead light. All I have left is to install a short piece of wire cover and I'm done -

I added one in the main area -

I dropped by Lowe's and found this cool soap dispenser. I also just installed these Pop-a-Toothbrush holders -

I added a sopa dispenser to the kitchen area as well. I also installed a Pop-a-Napkin under the radio -

Here's an easy mod. I found this over the door towel rack at Walmart and it works great -

Chris
2005 Rockwood 2516G (sold)
2005 Max-Lite 24RS (sold)
2019 Rockwood 2608BS (sold)
2020 Grand Design 337RLS
2018 Chevy 2500HD
2,727 REPLIES 2,727

mooreadventures
Explorer
Explorer
Welfarewagon,
Do the added jack in front of the wheels make a difference? I've thought of doing that mod.
Mark & Tammy
'05 Monaco Cheetah

Time4Dirt
Explorer
Explorer
lol you had me scared for a bit there! Thinking you really hacked the wifes car up. lol
2007 Honda Ridgeline
2022 Sun-Lite 18RD by Sunset Park RV - Reese DualCam

Welfarewagon
Explorer
Explorer
relocated my spare to the tongue, curved shower curtain rod, added 2 stab jacks behind the wheels for a firmer feel while set up.

PVC WD bar holder, got this idea form this topic months ago.

Made the wife's Avalon a convertible.

Just kidding it was a car we practiced on in the Fire Academy using the Jaws of Life, just added it for fun!
2001 Holiday Rambler Endeavor

Time4Dirt
Explorer
Explorer
The storage area of our TT was open under the bed. Did not want drafts or spiders in Trailer. Framing DH added to enclose storage area.

Underside of bed as seen from storage area.

All closed up!

What it looks like from inside storage area.

Moderator edit to re-size pictures to forum limit of 640px maximum.
2007 Honda Ridgeline

Time4Dirt
Explorer
Explorer
Added a water filter to under the sink

Drinking water dispenser

Moderator edit to re-size pictures to forum limit of 640px maximum.
2007 Honda Ridgeline

SWD
Explorer
Explorer
My mod for 2008 was to move the spare tire to the front of the TT. That way its not hanging on to the back of the bumper. Recycled a spare tire hoist froma GMC truck.

mike54
Explorer
Explorer
Mod one to new Zinger

from a queen bed

to twins

mod 2 coming soon
Mike
2005 dodge ram 3500 5.9 cummins diesel
2007 Montana 3500rl

4hapyMcDs
Explorer
Explorer
rondeb wrote:
Below are 2 of my favorites

Put shelves in 2 of the 3 closets Attached quarter round wood to the sides of the closets with industrial strength velcro and bought the wire shelving

Installed a 2 foot counter extension that will hold 200 pounds and is level with the counter. It folds flat against the counter when not in use.
love it was trying to figure out a easy way to add a couple shelves, in our 1 closet we use the plastic drawers for DD clothes but in another closet i want shelves for food. TY for showing those pics.
The outdoors is a wonderful place to be....

RollingRockTX
Explorer
Explorer
More fun with LED lighting

I finished up converting my interior lights to LED's. Did most of them as the DW still wants the other lights in there.

Sorry for the bad photos but you get the idea.

Finished with the outside down lights too:

This one was taken on the last trip, you can see our interior lights and the down lights. We were camping in a location where we had very little light and no neighbors...park holds 85 pull throughs and we were the ONLY ONES THERE for Labor Day weekend. So we parked Awning to awning.

2017 F150 Lariat 3.5EB
2016 Acura MDX SWD
2013 Yamaha Golf Cart
10 year old Quarter Horse, "Shadow"
2019 Jayco White Hawk 28BH

Tim_from_AL
Explorer
Explorer
OK. I'm waiting for more mods folks. Got all of these written down. I NEED MO

PamfromVA
Explorer
Explorer
Just updated our webshots with most of the stuff done to our camper but wanted to post this picture. I bought this at BB&B and spray painted it to match the camper trim. I wanted a place to put all the dog "stuff" when they are with us to keep it off the counters. It's loaded up and will try it out next weekend:

Pam

Moderator edit to resize picture to forum limit of 640px maximum.
2016 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS
2017 Dodge Ram 3500
One DH
two very spoiled camping dogs

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
Did the LED light upgrade kit on my Bargman model 84 tail lights. WOW they
are nice. much brighter than the incandescent 1157 bulbs that were in
there.

the whole job is just 5 minutes (if you are slow) and involves no more than
R&Ring the old lens and bulb with the new LED lens.

The thing I was always plagued with is dust getting in the old lens and
coating the backside of the lens and the bulb, making them dimmer over time,
so I was always taking the old lenses off to clean bulb and lens.

the led unit is a totally sealed package.

my local RV parts store didn't stock them, and wanted $36.00 each plus
shipping to get them, so I hit the internet and found them here....
http://www.ledtrailerlights.com/stt/led-insert.htm

Bob

Mike_Schriber
Explorer
Explorer
Okay, just had a chance to take pictures of my LCD HDTV installation.

Since I already had the TV platform and it has a very sturdy top, I decided to go with a pole mount rather than an arm. I just drilled straight through the top and bolted it down.

It was still wobbly with just the pole (the TV tends to yaw side to side) since there is so much mass suspended. I used cap head bolts and aluminum tubing to make four tall legs that screw into the holes for the base. I capped them with little hose caps as feet and it seems to work great.

The TV is a 26" so it's no lightweight to be sure.

I don't know why I bothered to upgrade the TV since we hardly ever watch but at least I lost some weight, gained some counter space and have an ATSC tuner now!

Mike
2006 Damon Daybreak 3276 37' bunkhouse

The_Black_Pearl
Explorer
Explorer
Nice mods and an hour and a bit to view them all. Thanks for the tip on making the water hose more quite...
2010 F-150 XLT-XTR - Max Tow
2011 KZ Durango 305BH
Husky Airbox Revolution 16K Hitch
Teddy Rufus (Standard Schnauzer)May 8, 2010
Top Pop Rails -3 bikes

takeakidcamping
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a 6" piece of PVC pipe 5ft.long for my sewer hose and instead of using brackets to mount it up under my camper,I got some string and laid it across the top and bottom of the pipe from one end to the other,taped it with duct tape and then painted the string with spray paint then removed the string.That gave me a line on the top and bottom.I drilled 5/16 holes down the line 6" apart and on the opposite side I drilled 1/2" holes.The 1/2" holes are enough clearance to use the adapter on the fitting of a cordless drill.Have the side of the pipe with the 1/2"holes down toward the ground.Using the 5/16 self taping screws that hold my underpinning on,I mounted the pipe down the frame and you do not have any brackets to worry about.