cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cordless drill for scissor jacks

clearn4
Explorer
Explorer
Looking to purchase a cordless drill to raise and lower the four scissor jacks on my TT. A make and model number with a strong tork just for that would be very helpful.
Thank you
115 REPLIES 115

Yabbut
Explorer
Explorer
I use a 12V cordless 1/4" driver. I like the speed. I keep the driver in my toolbox anyway, so I don't see any reason not to use it.

I don't really think hand-cranking four scissor jacks is enough exercise to justify the extra time and inconvenience (however minimal the difference may be). To each his own.

ROBERTSUNRUS
Explorer
Explorer
nineoaks2004 wrote:
I use a speed Handle, no battery to worry about It only takes a few minutes to do all 4 and at 74 I probably need the exercise.

๐Ÿ™‚ Hi, at 71 this is the least I could do manually. Maybe I could get a machine to insert my hitch into my receiver too. When I can't do this I will stop towing. :S
๐Ÿ™‚ Bob ๐Ÿ™‚
2005 Airstream Safari 25-B
2000 Lincoln Navigator
2014 F-150 Ecoboost
Equal-i-zer
Yamaha 2400

afidel
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm using a Rigid Stealth Force impact wrench, way overkill for the stabalizers but it's the best way to lift my trailer using the BAL leveler. It's very quite due to the hydraulic drive, it's the only kind of impact tool that can be used continuously without hearing protection.
2019 Dutchman Kodiak 293RLSL
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 3.42 full bed
Equalizer 10k WDH

nineoaks2004
Explorer
Explorer
I use a speed Handle, no battery to worry about It only takes a few minutes to do all 4 and at 74 I probably need the exercise.
By the time you learn the rules of life
You're to old to play the game

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
just saw a Ryobi combo pack on sale for $129 IIRC. drill, impact driver, two lithium batteries/charger, circular saw, sawsall jobby, etc.
bumpy

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
rmrileyjr wrote:
Just bought a Dewalt 20 volt lithium with two batteries, charger, and soft case at the orange box store for $99 plus tax.

Pretty good sales going on there now with all the stuff in yellow boxes. ๐Ÿ™‚
Bob

hawkeye-08
Explorer III
Explorer III
rmrileyjr wrote:
Just bought a Dewalt 20 volt lithium with two batteries, charger, and soft case at the orange box store for $99 plus tax.

Get a set of bits and drills to go with it and have a handy tool to fix a few things..

rmrileyjr
Explorer
Explorer

Canuck_Travelle
Explorer
Explorer
Golden_HVAC wrote:
I use a Ryobi 18 volt drill. They sell one with 2 speeds, and it is handy, as you can run it in low speed for extra torque.

Yes I also have a 18 volt screwdriver, and it is really handy when building a fence, it will drive a 4" screw into a 2" 2X4 then into a 4x4 post. It is noisy when driving a large screw.

So I would take along the 2 speed drill to run the jacks.

I would take the 18 volt cordless flashlight and use it a lot too!

The 18 volt reciprocating saw is very handy to trim a tree when required, or cut up firewood.

The new Li-Ion batteries last a really long time.

I even have a 18 volt cordless trimmer - weed eater with a 12" diameter cutting width. It is very powerful.

I have been very happy with all the Ryobi products that I have.

Fred.

If you are like me sometime in the future your Ryobi battery will refuse to charge, don't throw out, instead try this to bring it back to life again.....works for me and saves you a bit of .....cash

Thanks to Matt Eannarino, just hit the Hyper Text above ......Ernie
2017 Chev Silverado LTZ,6.2 Engine,8 SPEED,4WD, Nav Option, Leather Package, almost all options.

hawkeye-08
Explorer III
Explorer III
This thread made me laugh... folks are round up pretty tight anymore.. I like to relax. I had my 18v DeWalt and it worked fine, my wife saw the 20v DeWalt and now have a drill and impact, along with several batteries and charger. Porter Cable was on sale when Dad got his new trailer a few years ago, so bought him electric jacks for Christmas and birthday. He loves the powerful drill, uses it for everything (not just his jacks). My brother was looking at new trailer and realized he could add a few things to make his current trailer work better for him, like a $20 Harbor Freight cordless drill to lower and raise his jacks. He also changed over to electric tongue jack. He likes setup more now... I am thinking I might fashion a long extension with swivel so I can stand upright when messing with jacks. I don't have very good balance and have fallen when bending down to do the jacks (waited too long to have back surgery)..

Huntindog
Explorer
Explorer
SoundGuy wrote:
Huntindog wrote:
I only worry about things I can control. If it bothers me, I can DO something about it.

And to H*** with everyone else. Swell. :R
Works for me.:B
Huntindog
100% boondocking
2021 Grand Design Momentum 398M
2 bathrooms, no waiting
104 gal grey, 104 black,158 fresh
FullBodyPaint, 3,8Kaxles, DiscBrakes
17.5LRH commercial tires
1860watts solar,800 AH Battleborn batterys
2020 Silverado HighCountry CC DA 4X4 DRW

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Huntindog wrote:
I only worry about things I can control. If it bothers me, I can DO something about it.

And to H*** with everyone else. Swell. :R
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

Huntindog
Explorer
Explorer
dodge guy wrote:
And now the color post police show up !
Aw yes, this forum seems to have a lot of people that are really concerned with what others do. And want them to stop what ever it is so they will not be annoyed.
It can be anything from the way someone pulls into camp to the way they type their posts....
The funny thing is that these people are destined to be unhappy. They have zero control over how others do things.

:B
Huntindog
100% boondocking
2021 Grand Design Momentum 398M
2 bathrooms, no waiting
104 gal grey, 104 black,158 fresh
FullBodyPaint, 3,8Kaxles, DiscBrakes
17.5LRH commercial tires
1860watts solar,800 AH Battleborn batterys
2020 Silverado HighCountry CC DA 4X4 DRW

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
And now the color post police show up !
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!