cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost of EV Batteries

Fisherman
Explorer
Explorer
Caught this earlier today which may tend to sway some buyers and I suspect it won't end there. https://www.cnbc.com/2022/08/09/ford-increasing-price-of-electric-f-150-lightning-.html
In addition if you want to go extended, Starting at $54,669 with the standard battery, opting for the Extended Range Battery adds $19,500—
112 REPLIES 112

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
NamMedevac 70 wrote:
This is fun old sport but I am bored now and you be on my list with a few other trolls. Your jeal is on full display. Thanks for playing. Stay informed on latest EV news sport. So long and happy camping.
Best of luck with your Tardive Dyskinesia and take care of those Tilted Disks.

May need to take it over here:

> RVing with Disabilities and General Health Issues

Cptnvideo
Nomad
Nomad
How do you unsubscrbe?
Bill & Linda, 2019 Ram Laramie 3500 dually 4x4 diesel, Hensley BD5 hitch, 2022 Grand Design Solitude 378MBS, 1600 watts solar, Victron 150/100 MPPT controller, GoPower 3kw inverter/charger, 5 SOK 206AH LFP batteries for 1030 ah

shelbyfv
Explorer
Explorer
PButler96 wrote:
Wow, just when you thought a thread could not get to be a bigger circle jerk whamo.....it's up to 10 pages of completely worthless drivel.
Yep, doomed from the start.;)

shelbyfv
Explorer
Explorer
"Sport?" Some weird posts for sure. If not TDS then maybe some other DS?:h

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
This is fun old sport but I am bored now and you be on my list with a few other trolls. Your jeal is on full display. Thanks for playing. Stay informed on latest EV news sport. So long and happy camping.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
time2roll wrote:
Not sure why we are crossed up in your medical history???
Or what "I stay informed.. " has to do with it.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
NamMedevac 70 wrote:
Wrong again old sport. TDS short for Tardive Dyskinesia Syndrome. Also Tilted Disk Syndrome and also Testosterone deficiency syndrome. Your narrow is visible again. Read up and inform yourself old sport. Better luck next time. Cheers
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=TDS

Maybe this got crossed up with another translation.

Not sure why we are crossed up in your medical history???

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
Wrong again old sport. TDS short for Tardive Dyskinesia Syndrome. Also Tilted Disk Syndrome and also Testosterone deficiency syndrome. Your narrow is visible again. Read up and inform yourself old sport. Better luck next time. Cheers

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
pianotuna wrote:
tds?
That means he's a Trump supporter and the thread has now turned political.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
tds?
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
And your point is ???. Yes both of the large complexes I have lived in allow RV parking as do many others bubba joe from ca with an at. Some charge a parking fee and others do not. I stored my 28 foot TT at one complex for a year free of charge. Sorry to disappoint. I owned my own home for over 30 years and now enjoy worry and hassle free apartment living. Too bad.

All I am doing is reporting what I observe and recent readings on EVs in the WSJ, CNBC, Bloomberg, Fox News, Forbes, Economist and many others. I stay informed and do not suffer from TDS. At age 76 doctors report me in good mental and physical health with a few minor issues. Good to go for more fishing and camping when crowds go back to school and work to pay. Business news Reading is good for the soul. Try it you might like it.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
NamMedevac 70 wrote:
I live in a modern 300 unit apartment complex and have observed no EV vehicles or charge stations in the complex and there are a great many 300 unit complexes in Reno with no charge stations. Most EV owners also still own a gasser auto or truck just in case. Interesting. Pays to read the latest and recent EV business news. Not all is positive. Cart before the horse.

And of course the complex has LOTS of space for RV parking?

The complex also has solar panels on the roof?
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Reisender wrote:
propchef wrote:
spoon059 wrote:
time2roll wrote:
Jeff will never live the same life as most of us. I still give credit to making an effort through his company.

Let me know when an oil company executive goes above and beyond what is required to reduce pollution.

If you think that anyone is making electric vehicles to "reduce pollution" than you have been brainwashed. It is about increasing profit. Musk saw a chance to corner a market and make cash money. It isn't about being more Green or Earth friendly... it's only about making the almighty dollar. I promise you that batteries and EV aren't nearly as Green as you may want to believe...

The only ones consistently crying about EVs not being "green" are those who oppose them. I don't see EV owners bragging about "saving the environment." There are many legitimate reasons to buy an EV without even discussing anything "green."

Musk went WAAAYYYY out on a limb developing his cars. Prior to Musk electric cars were only slightly larger and safer than the common golf cart. No one (read: major manufacturers) was investing serious time or money to develop EVs. Musk knew that to be successful, an EV has to equally match the ICE it's replacing. Same comfort, safety, range, capacity, cup holders and sunroof and price levels. The Model S was an industry game changer, the Model 3 solidified his place in the market. It was only after Musk proved it could be done that the big boys got in with serious research. Everyone is now playing catch-up, although the Germans are close on his heels. Capitalism at it's finest.

EVs are fast, fun to drive, cheap to operate and have very low levels of maintenance. The "green" argument (to me) always falls flat becuase the oil industry has more than 100 years of poor behavior practices to reflect on. I don't think we'll pollute the Gulf of Mexico with a lithum spill.

Yep. Up until EV's nobody gave a carp about mining. Now its the devils work. Good thing ICE vehicles are made out of wood and the catalytic converters are made out of hemp or they would be doomed. 🙂

Well that’s totally untrue. EVs are still in their infancy. And less than 10 years ago only a couple glorified golf carts existed. But mining regulation and limitations have been increasing dramatically, at least for the 30 years that I’ve been an adult and working for companies that are part of the mining industry.
Mining and logging regs largely crippled the economy of the upper Midwest decades ago. With no chance of recovery. A home I built 22 years ago in NW WI lost 1/3 of its initial assessed value by the time I sold it a few years ago. Why? The economic base for the entire region was shot about dead 30-40 years ago.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
propchef wrote:
EVs are fast, fun to drive, cheap to operate and have very low levels of maintenance. The "green" argument (to me) always falls flat becuase the oil industry has more than 100 years of poor behavior practices to reflect on.
I'm reminded of how dirty the oil industry is every time I go to the grocery store and see a large oil stain in every single parking stall.