cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

decals

2oldgypsies
Explorer
Explorer
Just bought an older TT and everything is in great condition except the decals on one side of the unit ( I think the Phoenix sun got to that side ) they are faded badly. I've tried car wax and then rubbing compound. They had no effect at all. I'm hopeing someone else has come up with a solution for this problem.
4 REPLIES 4

John___Angela
Explorer
Explorer
Take them off and go naked. Decals are highly over rated. Here's our before and after.

2003 Revolution 40C Class A. Electric smart car as a Toad on a smart car trailer
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

Megadesertdiese
Explorer
Explorer
hot water pressure washer. rent one and blow off all of the decals you dont want. then polish, polish, and polish again. I did this with 10 year old grafic stickers on my fiberglass sided weekend warrior and it came out great.

TubaPete
Explorer
Explorer
You don't necessarily have to go direct to the manufacturer. The RV dealer near me can find anything I need and I didn't even buy my unit there.
Tuba Pete

scbwr
Explorer II
Explorer II
Depending on their size, just remove them. Quite a few of the decals on my Sunline started cracking and peeling. I used a hair dryer and WD40 to remove them. Once removed, you have the option of replacing them if they are still available for the trailer which means you would probably have to contact the manufacturer to check if they are available.
2012 Newmar Bay Star 3302
Blue Ox Avail
BrakeBuddy Advantage
2015 Malibu

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption