cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Denali Highway trip report with photos

ace44
Explorer
Explorer
Well we are back with a camper again. Sold the Eagle cap and bought a 5th wheel, when that got totaled the wife and I both said we wanted our Eagle Cap back. Well we bought a 2015 Arctic Fox 990.

Our first weekend out was the 3rd through the 7th of July. We went to our normal 4th of July area the Denali Highway here in Alaska. This highway is around 130 miles long and about 100 miles of it is dirt. It's not a bad road, but can get a few pot holes (1000s per mile or at least it seems). Weather was great and temps hit into the 70's everyday.

Camper was awesome, everything performed up to and exceeded our expectations. We also was trying out a 150 watt Solar panel from Zamp Solar. The panel and the 30 amp controller worked great, and we never started the generator even once. We may not have used much of the lights but the fan ran most of the day along with a few other small draw items.

Here are a few of the pictures.

The new camper, not a great pic, but the only one I took of a side view.

Front view.

Scenery pics.

Hope everyone had a safe and enjoyable holiday.
2015 Arctic Fox 990
2011 GMC 3500 DRW

Alaska Adventure Blog
23 REPLIES 23

sabconsulting
Explorer
Explorer
Stunning.
'07 Ford Ranger XLT Supercab diesel + '91 Shadow Cruiser - Sky Cruiser 1
'98 Jeep TJ 4.0
'15 Ford Fiesta ST
'09 Fiat Panda 1.2

ace44
Explorer
Explorer
silversand wrote:
I enjoyed the photos; thanks for posting your Alaska adventure.

Q: what is that ATV I see in your photos (I don't know much about ATVs, but I do know that it isn't just a giant drink tray) ? And, did you trailer it with you throughout the Alaska trip?

Cheers,
Silver-

it's a polaris ranger. It pretty much goes everywhere with us, on a 3 place snowmachine trailer.
2015 Arctic Fox 990
2011 GMC 3500 DRW

Alaska Adventure Blog

ace44
Explorer
Explorer
cewillis wrote:
Great pictures. (in case anyone doesn't know, that last picture is not the Denali Highway)
That is a really nice location -- I think a few days out there was one of the best parts of my only Alaska trip - so far.

yes that is just an atv trail, the denali highway is a lot better than that. Didn't think about that until you mentioned it, thanks.
2015 Arctic Fox 990
2011 GMC 3500 DRW

Alaska Adventure Blog

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
Nice photos, thanks for sharing
2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

Tiger4x4RV
Nomad
Nomad
Great photos! Thanks for sharing them.
2006 Tiger CX 4x4, 8.1 L gas V-8, Allison 6-speed

silversand
Explorer
Explorer
I enjoyed the photos; thanks for posting your Alaska adventure.

Q: what is that ATV I see in your photos (I don't know much about ATVs, but I do know that it isn't just a giant drink tray) ? And, did you trailer it with you throughout the Alaska trip?

Cheers,
Silver-
Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou

cewillis
Explorer
Explorer
Great pictures. (in case anyone doesn't know, that last picture is not the Denali Highway)
That is a really nice location -- I think a few days out there was one of the best parts of my only Alaska trip - so far.
Cal

OpenRangePullen
Explorer
Explorer
Also went, Its is a drive but full of beautiful sights.
2013 OpenRange Roamer 395bhs
2022 F350srw Limited, tower
2021 F150 Platinum Hybrid, daily
2002 Accord V6/5spd, project
2014 Kawasaki Concours

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
Great pictures. We were there last summer for our "trip of a lifeteime." Beautiful country!

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/