Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desperate V10 problem (FOLLOW UP}

samsontdog
Explorer
Explorer
I posted last week that my F250 3/4 ton Ford was coughing and dying
when I was turning around at very slow speed. After 1 hr or so it would start and run fine for several months. After many comments from a lot of you, I took into the Ford Dealership.
They found the Evap canister was not working and the vent solenoid
was defective. The fuel pump was fine. I hope that takes care of my problem Will cost
me $666.00 but I was all set to buy a new Ford XLT F250 for $40K OUT
THE DOOR so actually I saved a bunch. As I am in my 80s I probably will not be towing many more yrs. My P/Up only has 124K on it and looks nearly new. THANKS, EVERYONE WHO TOLD ME WHAT TO LOOK FOR TO FIX MY PROBLEM
samsontdog:o:W
4 REPLIES 4

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Glad to hear you got the issue solved. Taken care of the V-10 will usually run 500k miles or more. The rest of the truck will usually look like garbage before engine failure.

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
You got it into the right place. Proper diagnostics is well worth the cost.

K-9_HANDLER
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the follow up post. Have the same engine with around same miles so good to know. Glad u got it figured out.
Camping near home at Assateague National Seashore with our wild four legged friends

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
I would like the know the mechanism of the coughing and dying with a bad Evap canister not working?

Did it go rich and chock the engine? Just wondering?
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln