cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

destroyed CO detector?

delosholly
Explorer
Explorer
We decided to use a bug fogger in the TC. We let it air out real well with no problems at all until the CO Detector went crazy and would not stop sounding off.

So I am thinking we destroyed it by using the fogger. I am not positive that was the cause, but I just wanted to warn everyone.
Perhaps if we had disconnected it first and covered its intake hole during the fogging.

Del
Delos & Holly
2013 Camplite Truck Camper 10.0
2014 Ram 2500 Reg SRW LB
2012 Burgman 650
3 REPLIES 3

delosholly
Explorer
Explorer
I am sure we over-fogged, but I am not worried about any residue. We aired it out very well afterward and we have done this on our TTs for many years.

To answer a prior question, the alarm would not turn off and I had to take out the fuse. I believe the inner workings are now messed up and will probably replace it.

I just wanted to post and warn others of my mistake.
Delos & Holly
2013 Camplite Truck Camper 10.0
2014 Ram 2500 Reg SRW LB
2012 Burgman 650

ramses355
Explorer
Explorer
As an exterminator for 30 years I would ask you to read the instructions on the "bug bomb" that you used. Most foggers are for a specific cubic footage. My guess is you overdosed your camper. Not to mention the propellant in an insect fogger is usually Butane. That could have set off your CO detector, and its probably coated with insecticide residue as well as everything else in the camper
GMC 2500HD EC, Lance 825

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
Yep, those sensors can get covered with "stuff". A manufacturer we talked to recommended vacuuming the face plate of the detector from time to time.

Was yours making the siren sound or just chirping?

Thanks for posting. You might have saved someone from having to replace their detector in future.
G-half can always find a way to do things upside-down, inside-out or backward.
It's his Super Power!