cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Diamond Plate Tool Box

majorgator
Explorer
Explorer
Since I've pretty much reached my wits end on this topic, I figured I'd post here to see if anyone can help point me in the right direction.

I'm looking for a diamond plate tool box for my truck....but not so simple. I want it to be a flush mount (since I have a bed cover) and I want it to be 16" width or less. It doesn't need to be as tall as the bed sides. The only ones I've found that meet these requirements have 2 big protruding twist handles on top (ie UGLY). I don't mind straight diamond plate or black. Help!
SAVED BY GRACE, THROUGH FAITH*
1998 Coachmen Catalina Lite 248TB
TV: 1996 F350 Crew Cab 4x4 7.3L Diesel (a man's truck)

*signature amended so that religious components aren't included (per "Admin")...hooray, now nobody will be offended by my personal beliefs
28 REPLIES 28

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Highway Products, contact them. Top quality.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
This is what we did. It's not diamond plate though. It' a Delta 814000, ~33" wide. I think they ( Delta ) has smaller ones, so might be an option to look at.
Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912
Cummins 350ISL...Spartan Chassis
ESC POD - 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Zippy Scoot- 2018 Honda PCX 150 on an Overbilt Lift
Shredder at the Rainbow Bridge - You Will Always Be With Us

majorgator
Explorer
Explorer
wanderingbob wrote:
You are in High Springs , just over in Perry is a small fabricator of boxes . They are nice people and will make what ever ya want .

If you're talking about the Camlocker folks, yes, those are NICE boxes. They're definitely on the high-end of the market for these boxes. I've seen them and used them, and you can't beat it.

gijoecam wrote:
I have to ask: Why? Are you looking to be able to hide it with a tonneau cover? If so, where would you mount it: Front of bed or rear of bed?

I have a canvas-style cover with aluminum frame. It covers the entire bed of the truck. I take it on/off as needed, which only takes about 2 minutes. Its on when traveling, off when working. A box that rests on the bed sides would interfere with the cover. The tool box will be mounted at the front of the bed, behind the cab. No need to elaborate on being able to open the box while the cover is on. I'm already aware that it won't fully open.

*signature amended so that religious components aren't included (per "Admin")...hooray, now nobody will be offended by my personal beliefs

wlstroud
Explorer
Explorer
Northern Tools and Tractor Supply have boxes that don't project above the sides of the truck.
Larry (WB4WSA) and Sheila
2006 Ford F350, CC, XLT Dually 6.0 PSD
2006 Keystone Copper Canyon 339FWTSLS FW
2017 Flagstaff Microlite 25KS TT

gijoecam
Explorer
Explorer
I have to ask: Why? Are you looking to be able to hide it with a tonneau cover? If so, where would you mount it: Front of bed or rear of bed?

wanderingbob
Explorer II
Explorer II
You are in High Springs , just over in Perry is a small fabricator of boxes . They are nice people and will make what ever ya want .

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sorry - just passing on what I would do here looking for a special item...

I have used the FOLD-A-COVER hard plastic folding bed covers for my past two Ford trucks. They actually make a tool box that goes under the rear window part of the folding doors. Maybe that would work for you... They are not diamond plate however...

Photos for google search...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

majorgator
Explorer
Explorer
edbehnke wrote:
here is a flush one. http://www.homedepot.com/p/Lund-60-in-Flush-Mount-Truck-Tool-Box-79460T/202892689?N=5yc1vZc8nh#specifications

that sort of fits.

and here is a company that makes them.
http://www.dawsbetterbuilt.com/product-categories/crown-series/

As I said, 16" or less. The one you reference is 20".

2003silverado wrote:
Have you looked at the truck "chests" on Northern Tool's website?

link

The bottom width is good, but the top is not preferable. Otherwise, that's a nice box, though a tad pricey. Tractor Supply has almost the same box, but for about $100 less. That's my backup plan.

RoyB wrote:
Quick search on GOOGLE for "Diamond Plate Tool Boxes Pickups"

comes up with alot of views...

When it loads up select "VIEWS"

Then mouse click on the one you like for more info...

DIAMOND PLATE TOOL BOX

Once you get the part number then order from AMAZON...

Roy Ken

Believe me, I've already done that. If you saw one on there that meets my preferences, then let me know...cause I certainly didn't!

majorgator wrote:
ford truck guy wrote:
Have you thought about having one fabricated to your liking ? For a skilled sheet metal house , that's a short , fill in project...

I have considered that, and have even thought about doing it myself in my shop, but I'm not into for that much time/money/effort.

I hear you about the time and effort.. there are always more important items on my to-do list at any time....They usually involve projects for DW >:B
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Quick search on GOOGLE for "Diamond Plate Tool Boxes Pickups"

comes up with alot of views...

When it loads up select "VIEWS"

Then mouse click on the one you like for more info...

DIAMOND PLATE TOOL BOX

Once you get the part number then order from AMAZON...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

2003silverado
Explorer II
Explorer II
Have you looked at the truck "chests" on Northern Tool's website?

link

edbehnke
Explorer
Explorer
here is a flush one. http://www.homedepot.com/p/Lund-60-in-Flush-Mount-Truck-Tool-Box-79460T/202892689?N=5yc1vZc8nh#specifications

that sort of fits.

and here is a company that makes them.
http://www.dawsbetterbuilt.com/product-categories/crown-series/
eddie and sandie
3402 Montana 2013
Ford F350 2015

majorgator
Explorer
Explorer
ford truck guy wrote:
Have you thought about having one fabricated to your liking ? For a skilled sheet metal house , that's a short , fill in project...

I have considered that, and have even thought about doing it myself in my shop, but I'm not into for that much time/money/effort.

Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet