cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Direct replacement for PD9140 converter?

53chevy
Explorer
Explorer
I searched for this with no luck. Is there a 3 or 4 stage direct replacement (footprint) for the PD9100 series converter?

Also, the Progressive Dynamics web site said to not exceed the original converter amperage due to wiring, etc. If I increased it then I assume I would need to install larger gauge cables between the batteries and converter? Thanks.
Allan
6 REPLIES 6

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Look on page 23 for wire size. Xantrex manual

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

53chevy
Explorer
Explorer
Another related question:

I'm replacing my 12V batteries with 2 GC2 6V 230ah batteries in a vented tongue box and plan to install a ~2000W or so pure sine inverter. Since I shouldn't put the inverter in the same battery box, the nearest area I can install it is about 6-7 feet away inside the trailer. Is there a way to calculate what size cables I need for that distance or is that just too far to be efficient?
Allan

53chevy
Explorer
Explorer
Excellent, thank you for the suggestions!
Allan

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
enblethen wrote:
A direct would be the PD9245, comes with 4 stage Charge Wizard.
Charge Wizard
Best converter
Verify wire size to batteries. If large enough you could upgrade to PD9260. That would require wire no smaller then #6, but #4 would be better.

This is very true,the better upgrade is their newest PD9245C-14.8 for a higher boost/bulk voltage such as Trojan and others.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
A direct would be the PD9245, comes with 4 stage Charge Wizard.
Charge Wizard
Best converter
Verify wire size to batteries. If large enough you could upgrade to PD9260. That would require wire no smaller then #6, but #4 would be better.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Check with http://www.bestconverter.com/
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.