cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

DIY Homemade Truck Camper

Vince914
Explorer
Explorer
Hey guys, thought I share my homemade truck camper.

:C

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl7irte3PIY
10 REPLIES 10

Golden_HVAC
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like you did a great job!

My favorite camper was the Coachman that I had many years ago, it was built in 1972, I bought it in 1992, and it had a front bathroom, with the sink on the passenger side, above the water heater, and middle to right side was toilet above the wet bath, then isle with closet on the drivers side, with a door that opens to close off the isle to the back of the camper. This took up the front 3'. The back 6' on the passenger side was the raised dinette (above the toilet tank - it did not have a gray water tank). Drivers side had the closet in the front 3', followed by the heavy refrigerator, then stove, then by the back door was the sink (because it is lighter).

It also had a "Cabinet bunk" above the dinette, that folds down to create another bed for little ones.

I would like to see a raised roof type of system, such as found in the A-Liner trailers. With sidewalls about 6" high above the cabover section, and the folding roof above that level, going lengthwise. So the peak would be really high, and kinda steep.

Anyway I hope that you got whatever you needed into your camper!

Fred.
Money can't buy happiness but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a

Porsche or Country Coach!

If there's a WILL, I want to be in it!

I havn't been everywhere, but it's on my list.

Kangen.com Alkaline water

Escapees.com

Reddog1
Explorer
Explorer
I think it would be great if you posted photos on the Photo Thread - Post a Photo of Your Truck Camper Here Thread.

Wayne

2004.5 Ram SLT LB 3500 DRW Quad Cab 4x4
1988 Bigfoot (C11.5) TC (1900# w/standard equip. per decal), 130 watts solar, 100 AH AGM, Polar Cub A/C, EU2000i Honda

Toad: 91 Zuke

Tom_Anderson
Explorer
Explorer
Very impressive. I wish I had even half your talent.

cewillis
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah -- looks very nice.
Cal

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
any idea as to what it weighs?
bumpy

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
How many times did you stop and wonder what the heck am I doing? I built an 11 ft TT on an old Jayco frame. It was a lot of work and I enjoyed most of it but did wonder if I was crazy. Good job.

SoCalDesertRid1
Explorer
Explorer
That's really cool. I like the minimalist approach, as well as the inexpensive and practical solutions.
01 International 4800 4x4 CrewCab DT466E Allison MD3060
69Bronco 86Samurai 85ATC250R 89CR500
98Ranger 96Tacoma
20' BigTex flatbed
8' truck camper, 14' Aristocrat TT
73 Kona 17' ski boat & Mercury 1150TB
92F350 CrewCab 4x4 351/C6 285 BFG AT 4.56 & LockRite rear

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
Reddog1 wrote:
You did a great job.

Wayne

x2
bumpy

Reddog1
Explorer
Explorer
You did a great job.

Wayne

2004.5 Ram SLT LB 3500 DRW Quad Cab 4x4
1988 Bigfoot (C11.5) TC (1900# w/standard equip. per decal), 130 watts solar, 100 AH AGM, Polar Cub A/C, EU2000i Honda

Toad: 91 Zuke

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer