cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Do you use your outside kitchen?

EcoBullet
Explorer
Explorer
Do those of you that have them use them often? I'm looking at a trailer that has one (Premier 22RB). It's not something I would seek out, but I really like the trailer otherwise and wonder if it might actually be a nice addition. Comments are appreciated.
Me 1954, Nana 1954, Grandson 2003, Granddaughters 2005 & 2008
2014 Keystone Bullet Premier 22RBPR
2013 F-150 XLT Supercrew 4X4 Ecoboost Max Tow
64 REPLIES 64

JBarca
Nomad II
Nomad II
We started out RV'ing in a PU. We had a cook top outside which is common on a PU. Then we moved to the TT. Still like the outdoor cooking kitchen so I built one. This is before they had them built into the campers.

In can set it up or not and I do not loose the storage in the side of the camper.

And you can move it to the next new camper.

This is one of my most used mod's on the camper I have made. Use it most every time we camp during the warmer months. Must admit, I'm turning a little softer the older I get... During winter, I just set up the stove on the picnic table and do the bacon outside then finish up the eggs/pancakes etc inside. Again, use the parts of the outdoor kitchen as the need dictates.

John
2005 Ford F350 Super Duty, 4x4; 6.8L V10 with 4.10 RA, 21,000 GCWR, 11,000 GVWR, upgraded 2 1/2" Towbeast Receiver. Hitched with a 1,700# Reese HP WD, HP Dual Cam to a 2004 Sunline Solaris T310R travel trailer.

Huntindog
Explorer
Explorer
I guess my TT usage must be different.
To me a outside kitchen would be useless.
It reminds me of my tent camping days. Back then I had to go to a lot of work weather proofing my outside cooking area.
When the weather turns nasty, I still want to eat. In fact inclement weather is the whole reason for shelter of any type, from tenting to MHs. If the weather was always nice, I wouldn't even need a tent, let alone a TT.
But then I see a present thread with a pic of a TT with a few inches of snow on it, and it's owner all depressed about it..
I would be using it!
Huntindog
100% boondocking
2021 Grand Design Momentum 398M
2 bathrooms, no waiting
104 gal grey, 104 black,158 fresh
FullBodyPaint, 3,8Kaxles, DiscBrakes
17.5LRH commercial tires
1860watts solar,800 AH Battleborn batterys
2020 Silverado HighCountry CC DA 4X4 DRW

BigDaddyHfx
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2012 Coachmen Catalina 27FCBK. We didn't buy it for the outside kitchen. I use it to store the grill (not the one that came with it). We removed the 2nd microwave to put store the grill.

My wife never uses it and I only use it for the sink and storage of BBQ supplies. Only once have we ever used the AC only outdoor fridge.

Having the outside kitchen allowed for lots of storage above it (in the rear bathroom).

Overall we like having it but would never buy a trailer just because it was there. This is based on our experience with just 2 people and not camping as part of a group.

modern_family
Explorer
Explorer
The outside kitchen is well known and called my man cave. I park the TT, unhook, and unlock the kitchen. The kids and the wife grab drinks and snacks and we all enjoy the outdoors. I am very satisfied with the "U" shaped layout. I never have to move AND I am covered from the rain or sun. Grill on the left, then fridge, next television, then sink and finally the stove.

I would not buy another camper without one. Easy to clean, no folding up stoves or tables and packing them up. Less stuff that someone can " walk away with" I don't trust anyone .
2017.. Prime Time Avenger. 32QBI

His.. 2011 F-350, King Ranch, 6.2L. Crew Cab, 4x4, 8' bed, SRW, 11,000 GVWR

Hers..2008 Ford Expedition, King Ranch Heavy Duty Tow, 3.73 gears

Sold.. 2005 Star craft, Travel Star 18SB

Sold.. 2013 Keystone Laredo, 291

cmarkj
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Winnebago Towable 2201DS. Not a bunk house. Our out door kitchen has a fridge, 2 burner stove, a sink and a small counter top. We were out 52 nights last year after we picked it up. We have not used our indoor kitchen yet. We have a small propane grill and a grill for over a fire. The outdoor kitchen has 110 outlets for a toaster, griddle, slow cooker etc. we go camping to be outside, inside is for sleeping and changing clothes. I couldn't being without anymore.
Always looking for the perfect site.

69_Avion
Explorer
Explorer
Majja13 wrote:
Wagonqueen Truckster wrote:
Man if I could have one I would...

You can and it would be just like mine. And I cook all meals outside unless the oven is neaded. Especially the greasy stuff.

this is a pic with out the awing up.

Nice grill. I use the Camp Chef 3 burner unit. I put a two burner griddle on it and use the third burner to cook with a dutch oven.
Ford F-350 4x4 Diesel
1988 Avion Triple Axle Trailer
1969 Avion C-11 Camper

rewindgy
Explorer
Explorer
We use our outside kitchen all of the time! Always cooked outside in old trailer and I think this works cats a--! We don't have the fridge as we dry camp alot and don't have power unless I turn the generator on. Wouldn't buy a trailer unless it had one now!

GaryWT
Explorer
Explorer
Well it seems those who have them love them and those that don't think they are a waste. Before the outside kitchen I cooked outside as well but we are all about not carrying extra stuff and easy set up. Turning a key and opening a door is just about all the set up I have for the kitchen.
ME '63, DW 64, (DS 89 tents on his own, DD 92 not so much), DS 95
2013 Premier Bullet 31 BHPR 2014 F350 Crew Cab 6.2L 3.73

Majja13
Explorer
Explorer
Wagonqueen Truckster wrote:
Man if I could have one I would...

You can and it would be just like mine. And I cook all meals outside unless the oven is neaded. Especially the greasy stuff.

this is a pic with out the awing up.

2015 GMC Sierra 2500hd 6.0 w/4:10 rear end
2006 SkyLine Weekender 180
1200/12000 Equal-i-zer WDH

avoidcrowds
Explorer
Explorer
Like Lantly, I have no outdoor kitchen, but I do cook exclusively outdoors. I have a table, set the 3-burner stove on it, and hook to an outdoor propane quick-connect. I don't feel it is an inconvenience to get my supplies out of the fridge, and take them outside.

I will take it one step further, though. Since I don't have an outdoor kitchen, if everyone wants to chip-in and buy me a TT with one, I will alternate trips with each TT. I'll then be able to give an objective answer as to which setup makes more sense. ๐Ÿ˜„

PM me to get the PayPal address to send money to. ๐Ÿ˜‰ I promise to give a comprehensive report after a season of camping in both units.
2017.5 Lance 1995
2017 F150 EcoBoost, Max Tow
Most camping off-road

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
I cook exclusively outside all the time,however I don't have an outdoor kitchen and I don't want one. I don't need 2 kitchens, an indoor and outdoor. I'd rather have the space required for the outdoor kitchen to be used for something else.
The heart of my outdoor kitchen consist of Coleman Roadtrip grill,table and garden hose with hot and cold water. I can accomplish all my cooking goals with this set up. I don't have duplication 2 sinks. 2 microwaves , 2 fridges, 2 stoves etc.. I can place kitchen area in optimum location which is usually beneath awing but not always. I can operate in the rain without getting wet.
I cannot set up kitchen at all when using RV as hotel.
Ultimately my hang up with the outdoor kitchen is I don't want to dedicate the space required for the convenience.
I must add I don't have an outdoor kitchen(I specifically chose a unit without an outdoor kitchen)so to some degree all my comments are not valid.
Actually owning a rig with an outdoor kitchen may change my tune!

If I could eliminate the indoor kitchen and have only an outdoor kitchen, I'd be more inclined to embrace the outdoor kitchen concept. Otherwise I don't need both.
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

usmc616
Explorer
Explorer
I really wanted a TT with the outdoor kitchen, but I also did not want to loose the huge storage compartment where the outdoor kitchen is placed. So when we are camping for an extended period of time I set up a screen house with a small refrigerator and stove. While I do not have the outside sink it is a good compromise.
SEMPER FI
Joe,Joyce 4 kids & 5 dogs
2017 Chevy Silverado, 4x4, 3500HD, LT, Long Bed, Dually, Duramax Diesel, Allison Transmission, Reese Dual Cam & Prodigy Brake Controller
2010 Jayco G2 32BHDS.:B

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Nvr2loud wrote:
What I have seen so far, the trailers that I like with the outdoor kitchen, also have a great indoor kitchen. I have neither ๐Ÿ˜ž

I could live with a really good indoor kitchen, or with an outdoor kitchen and my current crappy indoor kitchen.

Sounds like a REALLY good "excuse" to go out and buy a new camper to me! ๐Ÿ™‚

GaryWT
Explorer
Explorer
Last trailer had 2 gray tanks with the outside kitchen. Current trailer only has one which is probably only 30 gallons or so but we are always connected to sewer so no problem.
ME '63, DW 64, (DS 89 tents on his own, DD 92 not so much), DS 95
2013 Premier Bullet 31 BHPR 2014 F350 Crew Cab 6.2L 3.73