cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you wax your trailer?

rbpru
Explorer II
Explorer II
Another Newbie question. I know people hose down and even power wash their TT to remove the travel grime, but do you wax it like a car? It seems like a bit much.

When not I use, mine will be parked in the yard with some shade, also Indiana does not have the brutal sun of the southern states.

Likewise, would a trailer cover be wise in the summer months or would it trap too much heat?
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.
53 REPLIES 53

rav
Explorer
Explorer
wax on- wax off twice a year

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
diazr2 wrote:
donn0128 wrote:
Of course I do. I use the best wax I can get my hands on a couple of times a year. Why in heck would you not want your rv to look good?
Ha there must be something wrong with us Oregonians

Heck I have even been know to wash and wax my fiver in the camp ground.

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
pasusan wrote:
diazr2 wrote:
Yes I wax my 5ver at least twice a year some times even three times and mine is kept inside. Kind of anal don't you think?
Hey, wait a minute - I resemble that!

One of the many reasons we don't have a huge trailer. You've got to take care of it! 🙂

Leave it to someone from the keystone state.

pasusan
Explorer
Explorer
diazr2 wrote:
Yes I wax my 5ver at least twice a year some times even three times and mine is kept inside. Kind of anal don't you think?
Hey, wait a minute - I resemble that!

One of the many reasons we don't have a huge trailer. You've got to take care of it! 🙂

Susan & Ben [2004 Roadtrek 170]
href="https://sites.google.com/view/pasusan-trips/home" target="_blank">Trip Pics

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not only does it help preserve the paint & decals and make it look nice, it will help get rid of black streaks. If you haven't had an unwaxed RV over a rainy/wet winter yet, you won't know how annoying black streaks are, especially if you have aluminum siding...

It may seem like a lot of work, but it'll be easier than trying to get those stubborn black streaks off. Helps if you pick the right wax - ours says "easy to use" on the label. 🙂 Also helps to have a fiberglass exterior.

Need to be very careful if you use a power washer. Not recommended because you can force water into cracks and places where it shouldn't be.

diazr2
Explorer
Explorer
donn0128 wrote:
Of course I do. I use the best wax I can get my hands on a couple of times a year. Why in heck would you not want your rv to look good?
Ha there must be something wrong with us Oregonians

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
Yup, I wax our trailer. We used to have a MH we got from my parents. My dad waxed it twice a year, and after 15 years, it still looked brand new. I shy away from power washing my trailer or my car. They put out a lot of pressure and could potentially damage calking and other seals.

The cover we have is extremely breathable, so I wouldn't hesitate to cover the trailer in the summer. The only downside to this is it takes me about 20-30 minutes to cover it, so I don't.

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II

diazr2
Explorer
Explorer