cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dodge concept retro truck

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Dodge had a concept truck at Sema called the lowliner. Used a 68 D-200 with a boxed frame, air ride, 5.9 Cummins with manual 6sp transmission and leather interior.
10 REPLIES 10

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
One year they did a retro powerwagon on steroids and Testosterone supplements. I was so jacked up hoping that they would actually produce it for sale. This truck doesn't lift my skirt at all.
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk

Grit_dog
Navigator
Navigator
OMG, that truck just gave me a ______ (not heartattack a hard___)!
Simply stunning!
When/if I resto mod a 2 wheeler, it's getting slammed and the big plain steelie wheels.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Chris Bryant wrote:
Being contrarian, Iโ€™m not a fan at all of lowered trucks, particularly a diesel. Now if they stuffed the engine out of a hellcat in it...
It has adjustable height airbag suspension. I don't care for lowered vehicles as well. If it could be lowered to have access to the bed then raised to a normal height I could see the advantages.

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
Being contrarian, Iโ€™m not a fan at all of lowered trucks, particularly a diesel. Now if they stuffed the engine out of a hellcat in it...
-- Chris Bryant

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lwiddis wrote:
Old looking TV and TT would be so cool.

Brother drives a '48 Chevy carryall, (Before they adopted the name "Suburban", everyday the weather is nice. Going camping he uses it to tow his 1940 Vaughn travel trailer. Yes, it's cool.

2012Coleman
Explorer II
Explorer II
That is one nice looking truck
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
The tilting hood on that concept negates the really cool hood function those trucks had. They would open like a normal hood, but, if you pushed harder once it hit the "stop", it would release and open further ending up at a 90 degree vertical position. You could pull an engine without removing the hood!

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Old looking TV and TT would be so cool.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III
That's the one. I always wanted to do that with a 50's style truck with modern drive train and pull a old Silver Streak with modern interior remodel. One drawback is it would take two 50's style trucks to build a crew cab.

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad