cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dodge Hurricane Engine Patent

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Looks like the turbo is casted into the head on this new patented version of the Hurricane engine which reduces space and cost, but not sure how this one will play out.

Link
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"
6 REPLIES 6

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
FishOnOne wrote:
dodge guy wrote:
Went to class last year on it. The turbo isn't cast into the head. They are using a cast in manifold which then the turbo bolts to the head or both turbos. We’ve only seen 2 come in off the transport so far. Not a lot yet. So we will see.

The hurricane engine you were trained on was most likely a production version as this new head is not in production yet.

Yes, that sounds like a new design. Probably be awhile before it sees production.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Grit_dog
Navigator
Navigator
Great….so now I gotta go buy a Hellcat before the price of them goes even further thru the roof…..I was having a good day until I read that article…lol.
F the pandemic and the chump that rode its coat tails into the White House!! :B
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
I wouldn’t buy the 1st or 2nd year models.

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
dodge guy wrote:
Went to class last year on it. The turbo isn't cast into the head. They are using a cast in manifold which then the turbo bolts to the head or both turbos. We’ve only seen 2 come in off the transport so far. Not a lot yet. So we will see.

The hurricane engine you were trained on was most likely a production version as this new head is not in production yet.
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

Bigfoot_affair
Nomad II
Nomad II
dodge guy wrote:

You must have fallen asleep. The patent drawings show a cylinder head with the housing as one. Good luck with that!

Hurricane head

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!