cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dodge Sirus Antenna relocation???

lonetow
Explorer
Explorer
Do any of you Dodge guys have experience relocating the Sirus antenna to clear the TC? Or is there an antenna that can be mounted on the TC and somehow connected to the OEM one? I did a search and did find any info. BTW, mine is an 06 Thanks
Daniel
2006 Dodge Quad 2500/4X4/SWB/CTD/Auto
2013 Lance 825
Rancho 9000XLs Firestone Bags
2002 Jeep TJ Sahara Auto 6cyl
13 REPLIES 13

lonetow
Explorer
Explorer
Yes it works pretty well just up in the dash as far fwd as possible, cuts out every once in a while for a second or 2.
Thanks for the help though

goreds2 wrote:
lonetow wrote:
explorer0863 wrote:
This article is not specific to Dodge, but it should give you a pretty good idea in what you can on your Dodge.
Click here

Here is the link for the adapter that you may need, depending on your set up.
Adapter

I hope this is helpful. Good luck!

Thanks for the tip on the adapter, I went ahead and ordered this one antennahoping it would work

Did it end up working out? Here is a SIRIUS antenna that is used on semi's. Not sure if yours is compatible or not.

Tram Sirius Antenna

2013 Lance 825

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
lonetow wrote:
explorer0863 wrote:
This article is not specific to Dodge, but it should give you a pretty good idea in what you can on your Dodge.
Click here

Adapter

Thanks for the tip on the adapter, I went ahead and ordered this one antennahoping it would work

Did it end up working out? Here is a SIRIUS antenna that is used on semi's. Not sure if yours is compatible or not.

Tram Sirius Antenna

See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds

lonetow
Explorer
Explorer
explorer0863 wrote:
Click here

Adapter

2013 Lance 825

explorer0863
Explorer
Explorer
Click here

Adapter

2004 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW Cummins Diesel H.O. Engine, 6 Spd
2004 Lance 1161, Generac 3.5 LPG Generator
1994 Range Rover Classic LWB
Proud vet of Operations Desert Storm, Noble Eagle and Enduring Freedom - USAF Security Forces

-Kevin
Explorer
Explorer
I didn't know so many people still used that service, thought everyone has switched to streaming over their wireless cell phone network...
2008 Dodge Ram 3500 QC DRW auto
2008 AF 990
FS bags
Viair OBA
Rancho 9000XL's

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Maybe one of these photos shown here is what they are talking about. Click on the photo for more information
SIRIUS ANTENNAS link

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

lonetow
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry to bring this back up but, what radio is in my 2006 Dodge? The spec sheet is at my shop and I'm not but need to order an antenna? A link to an Ebay antenna would be appreciated:)
Thanks for any help
Daniel
2013 Lance 825

SJR
Explorer
Explorer
My plug was located on the passenger side kick plate. I purchased one of the magnetic antennas and just laid it on the dash. Works great.
Stephan
2010 Dodge 2500 Crew Cab
2003 Northstar TC800EC
2016 Rockwood Roo 21ss
Equalizer Hitch

billyray50
Explorer
Explorer
I own a 06 Dodge and I installed a magnetic one and plugged it in behind glove box but was too lazy to run it to the outside fender so installed with doubleface velcro inside in front passenger side dashboard in front near windshield. Works fine in that location.Will depend on how much cab hangover ones TC has.

ecoast
Explorer
Explorer
I have the 2nd one run under the hood to front of grill area.

When not in use, I plug the OE back in and move the secondary under the hood, behind grill, out of sight.
07 5.9 CTD & 2000 Northstar Laredo TC towing 87 Samurai ORV on dual axle trailer

tellurideoutlaw
Explorer
Explorer
I haven't had good luck with the a-pillar mount, I only get reception when I am driving south or due west, start heading to the north and it drops out. I move mine to the hood seam along the driver's side, till I find it is far enough to keep clear signal. I have a N/S queen on the extended cabover so that could be part of the problem. When the camper is off, I run it back up the a-pillar just off the windshield.
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 SLT Long Bed, 6 speed, pacbrake airbags, custom torklift style tiedowns, Fastguns!!! Superhitch and custom 42" truss extension.
1998 Lance Legend 880/10'9

lonetow
Explorer
Explorer
donn0128 wrote:
Go online and buy one of the magnetic mount antennas, stick it on the front A pillar. Unplug the original one and plug your new one in. The sirius box is above and behind the glove compartment. The green plug is right in your face when you get the glove compartment dropped. On mine i had to take apart the plug in, but the antenna plugs in and works perfectly without it.

Great thanks for the help:)
Daniel
2013 Lance 825

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Go online and buy one of the magnetic mount antennas, stick it on the front A pillar. Unplug the original one and plug your new one in. The sirius box is above and behind the glove compartment. The green plug is right in your face when you get the glove compartment dropped. On mine i had to take apart the plug in, but the antenna plugs in and works perfectly without it.