cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Driveway/Slope/Refrigerator......possible damage?

egarant
Explorer III
Explorer III
My driveway at home is on a moderate angle. I know it is too much of a slope to run the fridge, but can I do any short or long term damage to the fridge parking it in the driveway while not running it?
2021 FORD F350 dually 4x4 with 4.30 gears, 013 Eagle Cap 950, 480 Watts Solar, 3K Victron Multiplus II, Victron smart DC-DC charger, Victron 100/30 solar controller, 250 amps of lithium batteries by LifeBlue
6 REPLIES 6

memgrove
Explorer
Explorer
Rv fridges from the factory are stacked bottom layer standing and top layer laying on their side. So they fit as many as possible on the skid and into the truck... short answer~ not running you can do anything you want with it.
Mike
2006 Chevy 2500 4X4 crew cab Gasser
2013 Dutchmen Denali 311 BHS (Love the trailer HATE the manufacture!)

Photomike
Explorer III
Explorer III
I was told once that if parked for a long time on an angle to let the fridge sit for a while once level before turning on. Don't know if it makes a difference but something that I would do if on a major angle.
2017 Ford Transit
EVO Electric bike
Advanced Elements Kayaks

egarant
Explorer III
Explorer III
That is what I thought, but wanted to confirm. In the driveway it is!
2021 FORD F350 dually 4x4 with 4.30 gears, 013 Eagle Cap 950, 480 Watts Solar, 3K Victron Multiplus II, Victron smart DC-DC charger, Victron 100/30 solar controller, 250 amps of lithium batteries by LifeBlue

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
You could store the RV standing on end and it wouldn't hurt the fridge!
- As long as it's off. ๐Ÿ™‚

sleepy
Explorer
Explorer
Make sure it isn't running before you put it on the slope.
2003 Lance 1161,/slideout/AGM batteries/255W Solar/propane generator/Sat dish/2 Fantastic Fans/AC/winter pkg
AirFoil, Trimetric, LED lights, Platcat vent heat

2003GMC K3500 LT/Crewcab/duramax diesel/allison/dually/4x4/OnStar/front reciever mounted spare

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Short answer...no. It will store just fine on a slope.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro