cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dryer sheets

Rubber_Ducky1
Explorer
Explorer
What brand of dryer sheets do you put in drawers to deter mice from entering your trailer?
32 REPLIES 32

Addy15
Explorer
Explorer
mike-s wrote:
Addy15 wrote:
Well, contrary to the general opinion in this thread so far, we do use regular Bounce in our trailer before putting it into winter storage, and we have never had a mouse enter our trailer.
Works the same to keep unicorns out too. Bet you've never had one of those, either.

Wow. You are funny...not.

Stevebx
Explorer
Explorer
For what it's worth, the phone repairman came last week and fixed my line - mouse nest up in the box on the phone pole. He repaired wires and said he sprayed it with lysol. They use it to repel mice. I have no idea if it works or not.
Steven Brewer

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
Here is a mouse nest made out of dryer sheets and cotton balls with peppermint oil on them.

On another note. I thought my dad was crazy when he bought some elephant spray 50 years ago from a door to door salesman. A small bottle cost $100 bucks!

The joke was on me. He used it each and every year and there has not been one elephant around my house...........ever! The bottle is almost empty and I heard the new bottle costs $500 bucks! Inflation, you got to love it! :B
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, dryer sheets do work.
We spread them throughout our rig and have never had a problem with these.

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

LAJMINNIEPLUS
Explorer
Explorer
How do you seal the area where your slide enters/exits the inner bottom?

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
fresh cab and peppermint oil no mice. in my boats or rv,s

hbillsmith
Explorer
Explorer
I use dampened dryer sheets to clean off bug juice off the nose of the fiver.
Wildcat2016-295rsx GMC2015-2500HD-DblCab D'max/Allisn+4x4 6.6'Bed
Maxxis235/80/16E;Andersen Ultimate2+4"offset;Airlft1 WirelessComp;GroundCtrl3;MorRyde RubbPinBox+CRE3000;3-Slidecovrs;Champion3100w/DIY ExtndRun;10'Portabote+5hp;Furrion48cam
Visited States

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
I never put sheets on until they are dry.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
I've never used anything in the trailer, just made sure the underside is sealed up and there's nothing that can be considered food in it.
Never had a problem either.

jackquontee
Explorer
Explorer
Addy15 wrote:
Well, contrary to the general opinion in this thread so far, we do use regular Bounce in our trailer before putting it into winter storage,

Same here, and have never had a problem in 4 years of ownership.

mike-s
Explorer
Explorer
Addy15 wrote:
Well, contrary to the general opinion in this thread so far, we do use regular Bounce in our trailer before putting it into winter storage, and we have never had a mouse enter our trailer.
Works the same to keep unicorns out too. Bet you've never had one of those, either.

Addy15
Explorer
Explorer
Well, contrary to the general opinion in this thread so far, we do use regular Bounce in our trailer before putting it into winter storage, and we have never had a mouse enter our trailer. (And, when I say we use Bounce, I mean we use practically a whole box -- in every cupboard, shelf, drawer, under the bed, behind the couch, on top of the slide, in the storage areas, literally EVERYWHERE!) Our camper pretty much always smells Bounce fresh...

mobeewan
Explorer
Explorer

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Rubber Ducky1 wrote:
What brand of dryer sheets do you put in drawers to deter mice from entering your trailer?

mike-s wrote:
Any of them will do exactly the same thing - absolutely nothing to keep mice out.

ScottG wrote:
Yup, I've seen pics of nests that mice made out of them.

2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
mike-s wrote:
Rubber Ducky1 wrote:
Any of them will do exactly the same thing - absolutely nothing to keep mice out.

Yup, I've seen pics of nests that mice made out of them.