Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dually Mods

tcdave
Explorer
Explorer
Hello Rv friends,

I have a chevy dually which i absolutely love. However i'm interested in changing things up a bit by adding some mods. Any cool mods that you would recommend? Here are a couple i've thought of doing:

-wrap job or detailing.
-motor mods (cold air intake, exhaust, computer)
-lights and tail lights. LED
4 REPLIES 4

ksss
Explorer
Explorer
I have an 06 3500. I made the following updates. I changed out the rotors and pads to EBC rotors and Hawk SD pads. I had the computer remapped to give me 60 hp increase and I had the VVT activated to act as an engine brake like on the newer trucks. I have added Rancho 9000s, and Mishimoto thermostats. I have Amsoil in the diffs, transfer case and tranny.

This Winter I am going to add a new Intercooler either Banks or Mishimoto have not decided which yet.
2020 Chevy 3500 CC 4X4 DRW D/A
2013 Fuzion 342
2011 RZR Desert Tan
2012 Sea Doo GTX 155
2018 Chevy 3500HD CC LB SRW 4X4 D/A
2015 Chevy Camaro ZL1

tcdave
Explorer
Explorer
very cool lights! I'm definitely liking the backup lights. My truck was owned by a contractor that had a backup buzzer installed, so installing reverse lights would be a breeze. Mudflaps a must.. yes

The_Mad_Norsky
Explorer
Explorer
The lighting seems a good idea.

I saw these on a pickup while out traveling; really sharp appearance:
Link: Headlights for Chevy 3500HD

Also a good set of mud flaps: For chevy 3500 (sorry if year range is wrong, did not know what year yours is. )
The Mad Norsky, Doll, Logan and Rocky
2014 Ram 3500 w/ Cummins/Aisin
2019 Northern Lite 10-2 EX CD LE Wet Bath
RV'ing since 1991

I took the road less traveled .....Now I'm Lost!

jus2shy
Explorer
Explorer
Well, you have a pre-emissions motor (looking at your truck) so you can probably get a good bit of power without worrying about the emissions. However, I would caution against the Cold Air Intake. Don't you have a Donaldson filtering unit stock? If not (and you're set on a cold air intake) Consider the Volant which uses the Donaldson Power core filtering system. You get the same or better filtering benefits than you would with the typical air filters most cold air intake manufacturers provide. There is a big difference between 99% filteringefficiency and 99.9% filtering efficiency.

As for lights, are you looking for more lighting performance? Or more aesthetic change? I personally am looking at bajadesigns or rigid industries for an LED light bar to help with those dark back-roads. One of the most helpful things I've ever done was adding smaller LED lights to the tail end of my F-150 to aid in backing up in dark areas. Also built my own HID lights, but one of the lenses cracked and I just went back to OEM out of sheer laziness. Here's some pics:

HID Headlight Retrofit:

Backup Light install (These were the diffused wide beam Rigid Industries SM2 I believe, it's been a while). May do these on my RAM, but my RAM has far better backup lights than my F-150 had (Biggest pet peeve I ever had with that truck really).

Before with just reverse lights (all same exposure and settings on a DSLR camera)

After

For the reverse lights. what you see in these pics are really what I saw with my eyes. It took a while to set my exposure to really paint a true picture of the lighting difference between not having them and having them. This would probably be a useful upgrade for you.
E'Aho L'ua
2013 RAM 3500 Crew Cab 4x4 SRW |Cummins @ 370/800| 68RFE| 3.42 gears
Currently Rig-less (still shopping and biding my time)