cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Electric brake question

curly5759
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, I just packed the bearings on my Fleetwood TT, my first time working around electric brakes. Bearings and brake shoes are in good condition, my question is about the lever that actuates the brakes. It seems to be very loose and sloppy. I understand how the brakes work, but this play seems excessive. Please see video, is this normal?

Thanks
Tim
6 REPLIES 6

WayneAt63044
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for enlightening me. Now I know.
2012 Forest River V-Cross Vibe 826VFK
pulled by 2009 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Hemi

curly5759
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, single axle trailer.

Thanks for the info!

Curly

NanciL
Explorer II
Explorer II
I am not sure if this helps or not, since I have the easy lube wheel bearing and don't take the outer drum off to repack the bearings.

I am not sure how it acts with the drum off, since I always adjust mine through the slot with the drum on.
Adjusting mine with a screw driver through the slot, there is no slop in the adjusting. I have to put a tad of pressure on the screw driver to adjust it in either direction.

jack L
Jack & Nanci

johntank
Explorer
Explorer
WayneAt63044 wrote:
Looking at the video begs a question. While the motion of the magnet and arm appears to be normal, I'm curious about the shackle links hanging downward. In the travel trailer suspensions I have seen the axle bolt is above the stationary bolt. Are all of your links in this configuration? Perhaps someone can enlighten me and dispel the idea that you may have a problem.

The way the springs and shackles are mounted is common for a single axle trailer.

WayneAt63044
Explorer
Explorer
Looking at the video begs a question. While the motion of the magnet and arm appears to be normal, I'm curious about the shackle links hanging downward. In the travel trailer suspensions I have seen the axle bolt is above the stationary bolt. Are all of your links in this configuration? Perhaps someone can enlighten me and dispel the idea that you may have a problem.
2012 Forest River V-Cross Vibe 826VFK
pulled by 2009 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Hemi

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
YES.....normal

Magnet gets energized (DC Voltage from controller) and tries to grab hold of drum face surface. As drum rotates magnet gets pulled as far as it can travel moving engagement lever so brake shoes are pushed out and grab hold of drum side surfaces slowing/stopping trailer.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31