cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Electrical Problem

Candie4749
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2011 Coachmen Catalina that we purchased in June and while camping this weekend the electric outlets stopped working in one area only underneath the window by the dinette and by the area for the television. We tried flipping all the breakers and checked the fuses but that did not work. Any ideas?
7 REPLIES 7

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
I'm going to make a suggestion here that will definitely reduce the problem or at least help find one if one should occur. When you buy a rig, look at the the converter/distribution panel and using a DMM determine what each 120 volt breaker and each 12 volt fuse controls and write the information down and keep it with your manuals.

The original owner of our rig did this and he identified each wire and cable attached to the house batteries. I have used the list and it makes trouble shooting easier.

I have also done this for the breaker panels for every house or condo we have owned. It's a simple and easy thing to do.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

Candie4749
Explorer
Explorer
We will try the suggestions. Thanks Everyone!!

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
If the above does not fix the problem, get out your volt meter. Circuits aremusually daisy chained from one to the next. Go to the last working circuit on the line and open it up. It is possible a wire hqs come loose.

krobbe
Explorer
Explorer
Look for the GFCI(Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter) outlet and reset it. It'll have a Test button and a Reset button on it. Mine is in the bathroom. The outlets that are not working are wired thru it to also protect them(you from shock). On my last rig, the GFCI was in the outdoor outlet. Kind of a pain to go outside to reset it. Make sure no water is getting into the outdoor outlet. That will give you nuisance tripping.
Me'62, DW'67, DS'04, DD'07
'03 Chevy Suburban 2500LT 4WD Vortec8.1L 4L85-E 3.73 CurtClassV
'09 BulletPremier295BHS 33'4" 7200#Loaded 1100#Tongue Equal-i-zerHitch Tires:Kumho857
Pics

Mandalay_Parr
Explorer
Explorer
Try resetting your inverter if you have one.
Jerry Parr
Full-time
2005 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350, 4 Slides
Blue Ox, Brake Buddy
2004 CR-V Toad
jrparr@att.net
602-321-8141
K7OU - Amateur Radio
Kenwood Radios
ARRL, W5YI, & LARC VE
SKYWARN Weather Spotter

bid_time
Nomad II
Nomad II
Check all the GFCI's to make sure one isn't tripped. That's the little red button in the center of some of the duplex ooutlets. Reset them all.

sch911
Explorer
Explorer
Check and reset your GCFI outlets. You have one tripped. GCFI outlets can feed several other outlets in an RV.
OEM Auto Engineer- Embedded Software Team
09 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 41SKQ Cummins ISL
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Toad