cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eternabond tape on roof laps over sealant

LoudDog
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone put eternatape over the laps on their roof and regretted it?

It seems like a great way to insure they are all sealed and should be maintenance free for quite a while?

If you needed to remove it for any reason would it be nearly impossible? Or would you just re-tape over it?

I want to do it but I'm looking for the reasons to not do it so I know what I'm getting into.
TV: 2012 Ram 2500
TT: 2023 Cougar 22MLS
18 REPLIES 18

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
We applied Eternabond on our 5th wheel roof on the front and back seams and around the skylight - then the skylight got a crack so we have to climb up and take care of it.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
I put Eternabond on the seams and roof edges of our Southwind. I lapped it partly onto the rain gutters. Absolutely no regrets.
The Eternabond will last much longer than caulking or Liquid Roof.

Klueck
Explorer
Explorer
We have used Eternabond on three rv's. Hubby just cleans it good, then puts the Eternabond right over old caulk. Last year, he did our Fifth Wheel we had bought for a permanent lot. About as soon as he did the skylight in the shower, we got a crack in it. DARN... He had to remove the Eternabond in order to replace the skylight. It was not fun, but not impossible. Moral of the story...check skylights real well.

lawrosa
Explorer
Explorer
What laps are you taking about?

IDK I was thinking of liquid roofing all the seams and roof flanges myself on a new travel trailer so I would not have to caulk ever year.

Like this.

Mike L ... N.J.

2006 Silverado ext cab long bed. 3:42 rear. LM7 5.3 motor. 300 hp 350 ft lbs torgue @ 4000 rpms
2018 coachmen Catalina sbx 261bh