Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

F-150 Repair Kit

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
Ford F-150 repair panel kits $8,500 per kit! ๐Ÿ™‚ :W
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab SWB 4X4 Ecodiesel GDE Tune.
54 REPLIES 54

Donnoh
Explorer
Explorer
FishOnOne wrote:
Donnoh wrote:
I work for Alcoa and my plant is currently starting up a new mill to support automotive products. We just had a large contingent of GM folks come through to look at our capabilities and Ford has asked us to ramp up our production two months sooner to help meet demands.

For some reason the beer can argument doesn't seem to support the facts. The industry is moving that way and yeah I wouldn't buy a truck made with beer can alloy either, but 5000 and 6000 series alloy is some seriously hard stuff. If you guys only knew what went into making it.

Donnoh,
Thanks for sharing... Aside from the joke that Don intended, most here (including myself) don't have the technical knowledge of this material that is being used on these new trucks. Because of this most people relate to aluminum to their experience hence the aluminum beer cans.

I understand. I'm privy to a lot more info than I should share here. After seeing what happened to tireman9 I should just keep my mouth shut.

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Donnoh wrote:
I work for Alcoa and my plant is currently starting up a new mill to support automotive products. We just had a large contingent of GM folks come through to look at our capabilities and Ford has asked us to ramp up our production two months sooner to help meet demands.

For some reason the beer can argument doesn't seem to support the facts. The industry is moving that way and yeah I wouldn't buy a truck made with beer can alloy either, but 5000 and 6000 series alloy is some seriously hard stuff. If you guys only knew what went into making it.

Donnoh,
Thanks for sharing... Aside from the joke that Don intended, most here (including myself) don't have the technical knowledge of this material that is being used on these new trucks. Because of this most people relate to aluminum to their experience hence the aluminum beer cans.
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
This morning I was scouting around the deer camp with my son and I found a "Lone Star" beer can out in the woods. This can was the type that had the removable spout that was discarded so it had to be from the '70's. The printing was still on this can and actually quite legible (except for a few shotgun pellet holes) for being outside for maybe ~40 years.

I was actually pretty impressed and it reminded me of Don's thread so I thought I would share this.

Donnoh
Explorer
Explorer

mich800
Explorer
Explorer
trail-explorer wrote:
midnightsadie wrote:
... body puddy ...

What is puddy?

I think he is a character on Seinfeld.

RAS43
Explorer III
Explorer III
mleekamp wrote:
i don't get it....what is the point of this post?

The typical brand bashing done by some individuals here. Juvenile!

transamz9
Explorer
Explorer
FishOnOne wrote:
wing_zealot wrote:
The posters name should give you a clue. He hasn't yet responded to me though on how to fix the big azz rust holes in the dodges.

The repair process is actually fairly simple... You trade that truck in with the big azz rust hole in for a new truck.

Actually the holes get fixed the same way the Fords and Chevys do......
2016 Ram 3500 Mega Cab Limited/2013 Ram 3500 SRW Cummins(sold)/2005 RAM 2500 Cummins/2011 Sandpiper 345 RET (sold) 2015 Sanibel 3601/2008 Nitro Z9 Mercury 250 PRO XS the best motor made.

wing_zealot
Explorer
Explorer
FishOnOne wrote:
wing_zealot wrote:
The posters name should give you a clue. He hasn't yet responded to me though on how to fix the big azz rust holes in the dodges.

The repair process is actually fairly simple... You trade that truck in with the big azz rust hole in for a new truck.
That's exactly how I fixed my Dodge, traded it in for a Ford. When the salesman asked me how I kept the doors closed, I showed him my bungy cord. I told him water getting inside wasn't a problem, I installed floor drains. He ended up telling me to just keep my trade in and he'd give me another $1,000.00 if he didn't have to bother with it.

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
midnightsadie wrote:
... body puddy ...

What is puddy?
Bob

gijoecam
Explorer
Explorer
dodge guy wrote:
Years ago everyone laughed when they started to use aluminum cylinder heads, now everyone does. then they started laughing at aluminum blocks, a good majority are using aluminum blocks now! now everyone is laughing at an aluminum body! guess what everyone will be going to aluminum body`s. infact a lot of manuf have been using aluminum body panels for at least 10 years!

Longer than that... Half-ton Fords have had aluminum hoods since the 1997 model year. A handful of vehicles were around with 'em before that.

But nobody has made three quarters of a million all-aluminum vehicles in a year. The technology involved in doing so on that scale is astounding!!

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
OMG it was a joke post you clowns. As far as the rust comment I wouldn't know, none of my Rams ever had any rust. Here is a clue though....wash and wax your vehicle and maybe it won't rust.

Mod fell free To delete this thread since the cry baby's on here can't take a joke.
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab SWB 4X4 Ecodiesel GDE Tune.

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
wing_zealot wrote:

All_I_could_aff
Explorer
Explorer
If I recall correctly, the problem wasn't getting little Johnny's team to Dairy Queen under GVWR... The problem was only after adding a few Blizzards and banana splits to the bellies that the truck was overweight
1999 R-Vision Trail Light B17 hybrid
2006 Explorer Eddie Bauer
2002 Xterra rollinโ€™ on 33โ€™s
1993 Chevy Z24 Convertible
Lives in garage 71,000 miles

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Years ago everyone laughed when they started to use aluminum cylinder heads, now everyone does. then they started laughing at aluminum blocks, a good majority are using aluminum blocks now! now everyone is laughing at an aluminum body! guess what everyone will be going to aluminum body`s. infact a lot of manuf have been using aluminum body panels for at least 10 years!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Turtle n Peeps wrote:
mich800 wrote:
Fordlover wrote:
mleekamp wrote:
i don't get it....what is the point of this post?

My guess? It's OP's attempt to take the focus off of the Ecodiesel thread by making fun of the new aluminum F-150. I guess it's working. ๐Ÿ˜‰

There were high hopes the Ecodiesel would become the new fuel efficient minivan. But unfortunately little Johnny's teammates will need to find another ride to Dairy Queen because they are already overweight with just the soccer balls in the bed. ๐Ÿ™‚

ROTFLMAO, now that was funny right there!!! A+ Mich! :B

LMFAO... :B