Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

F-150 Repair Kit

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
Ford F-150 repair panel kits $8,500 per kit! ๐Ÿ™‚ :W
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab SWB 4X4 Ecodiesel GDE Tune.
54 REPLIES 54

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III
thomasmnile wrote:
spoon059 wrote:

Ford is being innovative with aluminum.

Wait til they start churning them out in plastic on 3D printers....

Oh, the humanity!!!! :B
I think there is already a car that's been made using a 3D printer. If memory is right I think it was a replica Shelby Cobra. Wonder if they stuck a 3.5L ecoboost in it?

PUCampin
Explorer
Explorer
I remember trying to stick a cancer awareness magnet to the hatch of the Expedition. Took a few minutes to realize WHY it would not stick!
2007 Expedition EL 4x4 Tow pkg
1981 Palomino Pony, the PopUp = PUCampin! (Sold)
2006 Pioneer 180CK = (No more PUcampin!):B

Me:B DW:) and the 3 in 3 :E
DD:B 2006, DS ๐Ÿ˜› 2007, DD :C 2008

thomasmnile
Explorer
Explorer
spoon059 wrote:

Ford is being innovative with aluminum.

Wait til they start churning them out in plastic on 3D printers....

Oh, the humanity!!!! :B

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
Tystevens wrote:
Yep, happens all the time. I remember Howie Long (on behalf of GM) making fun of the "man-step" and heated steering wheels in competitor's trucks, too. A few years later ...

Not just trucks. Remember a couple years ago, Apple was making fun of bigger screens on Android phones. This year, they act like they invented the 5" screen.

Yup, this is why I rarely watch live tv (I love my DVR!!!). Commercials appeal to the dumbest people. That's why you see commercials that market a truck with BEST IN CLASS TOWING (referring to a 1 ton dually) and also spout about BEST IN CLASS MPG (referring to the base model half ton with an engine and rear end not suited for towing). The idiots for whom these commercials are designed will believe that there is ONE TRUCK that combines the best in class towing and best in class mileage.

They are the same idiots who believe that one brand is inherently better than another simply because their daddy used to drive a "Fill in the blank". In reality, you cannot compare the good or bad features of a truck from 30 years ago that your daddy owned with features good or bad today. The companies have changed so drastically. Quality has declined and improved numerous times over the years in each of the Big Three.

All of this truck bashing and brand loyalty is sometimes funny, sometimes annoying. I remember a couple years ago how HORRIBLE the Ecoboost engine was going to be. Turns out it is a pretty nice engine. Not as great mileage as they hoped, but plenty of power. A couple years ago Dodge products were piles of******around a very good Cummins engine. Modern Rams are great trucks and seem to be much nicer than the old ones.

Ford is being innovative with aluminum. Maybe it'll be great, maybe it'll stink. I guess I'm okay with just sitting back and watching to see how they do before I make an opinion, rather than sway in the breeze of uninformed worthless opinions that get tossed around here like leaves in the autumn wind...
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Perrysburg Dodgeboy wrote:
So lets look at some of these posts here.
First, as a Tool and Die Maker I'm fully aware of the different grades of Aluminum and had posted in the Ford thread the grade that Ford was using to build their trucks.
Second, we have a guy come along and says this "aircraft mechanics used beer cans to repair battle-damaged aircraft" are you freaking kidding me with this? No need to go any further with this troll.

Third, Tory comes along and wants us to believe he found a 1970's aluminum beer can "actually quite legible (except for a few shotgun pellet holes) for being outside for maybe ~40 years" even though Deer season ended on January 4th no mater which County he lives in. (got to love Google Tory)

The point of the post was plain and simple to poke a little good nature d fun at the Ford guy. Just like when I posted this.

He!! the Chevy guys got a kick out of it and didn't have a problem with it. Maybe the Ford guys should find get a little humor in their life. You guys have a good product so you should not get your panties all in a bunch! Tory guess what, I'm buying my DS a 2004 Ford Taurus OMG the world is coming to an end!

Relax boys you will live longer!

Don

Don,
Just to clarify your inaccurate statement I said my son and myself were scouting around the deer camp. This doesn't mean we were deer hunting! Always a negative assumption made by Don.

Again Don try to control the angst... :S
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

Tystevens
Explorer
Explorer
FishOnOne wrote:
colliehauler wrote:
Kind of funny how Chevy makes a point of saying their trucks are built of steel. If down the road they switch to aluminum what will they say then?

It's all marketing to make a sale... I remember that RAM was boasting in '12 their diesel trucks didn't require DEF and made DEF sound like it was so bad. The following year ('13) RAM trucks were equipped with DEF. That same guy also didn't mention that in '12 their 4500/5500 trucks were already equipped with DEF. That guy is a joke!

Yep, happens all the time. I remember Howie Long (on behalf of GM) making fun of the "man-step" and heated steering wheels in competitor's trucks, too. A few years later ...

Not just trucks. Remember a couple years ago, Apple was making fun of bigger screens on Android phones. This year, they act like they invented the 5" screen.
2008 Hornet Hideout 27B
2010 Chevy Suburban 1500 LT, Z71 package, 5.3/6A/3.42
2015 Ford F150 XLT Supercrew, 2.7 Ecoboost/6A/3.55 LS

Prior TVs:
2011 Ford F150 Ecoboost 3.5
2006 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax LBZ
2005 Chevy Suburban 1500 4x4 LT, 5.3/4A/4.10

AlmostAnOldGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Don,

No harm in a little fun. This forum is much more enjoyable when folks lighten up a bit. Now, the post I would like to see is a report from you on a nice long run down to Florida. Maybe treat your better half to a few days away and give us the good news on the performance of your new rig. ; )

Good luck all,
Stu

p.s. Would rather be camping than watching another Ike Gauntlet video.
p.p.s. 11 weeks 2 days and counting until the first outing of the season.
2012 F150 HD/Max Payload (8200 GVWR, 2176 payload) SuperCrew EcoBoost
2008 Komfort Trailblazer T254S

mich800
Explorer
Explorer
wing_zealot wrote:
I had my comments all typed out. Several paragraphs about GI ingenuity, scouting at deer camp, and everything else. I even hit the "Post Message" button. Then I decided that I was wasting cyberspace on a fool's mission. Those that know, Know. Those that don't are never going to get it.

I like the way you think. Some people put more effort into deer hunting other than dusting off the gun after Thanksgiving lunch. ๐Ÿ™‚

wing_zealot
Explorer
Explorer
I had my comments all typed out. Several paragraphs about GI ingenuity, scouting at deer camp, and everything else. I even hit the "Post Message" button. Then I decided that I was wasting cyberspace on a fool's mission. Those that know, Know. Those that don't are never going to get it.

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
So lets look at some of these posts here.
First, as a Tool and Die Maker I'm fully aware of the different grades of Aluminum and had posted in the Ford thread the grade that Ford was using to build their trucks.
Second, we have a guy come along and says this "aircraft mechanics used beer cans to repair battle-damaged aircraft" are you freaking kidding me with this? No need to go any further with this troll.

Third, Tory comes along and wants us to believe he found a 1970's aluminum beer can "actually quite legible (except for a few shotgun pellet holes) for being outside for maybe ~40 years" even though Deer season ended on January 4th no mater which County he lives in. (got to love Google Tory)

The point of the post was plain and simple to poke a little good nature d fun at the Ford guy. Just like when I posted this.

He!! the Chevy guys got a kick out of it and didn't have a problem with it. Maybe the Ford guys should find get a little humor in their life. You guys have a good product so you should not get your panties all in a bunch! Tory guess what, I'm buying my DS a 2004 Ford Taurus OMG the world is coming to an end!

Relax boys you will live longer!

Don
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab SWB 4X4 Ecodiesel GDE Tune.

ROBERTSUNRUS
Explorer
Explorer
colliehauler wrote:
Kind of funny how Chevy makes a point of saying their trucks are built of steel. If down the road they switch to aluminum what will they say then?

๐Ÿ™‚ Hi, probably the same thing when Chevy finally gives up on push rod engines. :B
๐Ÿ™‚ Bob ๐Ÿ™‚
2005 Airstream Safari 25-B
2000 Lincoln Navigator
2014 F-150 Ecoboost
Equal-i-zer
Yamaha 2400

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
colliehauler wrote:

It's all marketing to make a sale... I remember that RAM was boasting in '12 their diesel trucks didn't require DEF and made DEF sound like it was so bad. The following year ('13) RAM trucks were equipped with DEF. That same guy also didn't mention that in '12 their 4500/5500 trucks were already equipped with DEF. That guy is a joke!
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III

hone_eagle
Explorer
Explorer
Next time you are at a marina have a look at a typical sailboat mast - 6061. we put 1000's of # of compression on those babies with hydralics ,for decades,and a ball peen hammer could barely dent it.
2005 Volvo 670 singled freedomline 12 speed
Newmar 34rsks 2008
Hensley trailersaver TSLB2H
directlink brake controller

-when overkill is cheaper-

BenK
Explorer
Explorer
Yes...one of my startups provided the over head crane controls for both steel and
aluminum smelting plants. Even the 7 dams along that river in Venezuela to both
provide the hydro power for the aluminum smelting plant and to control that river

Nasty environment, both for the control equipment and the humans out in the plant

Reminds me of a very funny thing my guys did to me...out on my first visit to
the Alabama US Steel plant.

My guys were everywhere out in the building (2.6 miles from corner to corner)
and I went out there to take a look...

They gave me a hard hat, checked that I had approved steel toed shoes and protective
clothing...+120*F out on the floor and OSHA said only 20 minute with X hours
off outside.

NO ONE would listen to me...their bosses, bosses boss...

Turns out hard hats have a color code...mine was blue...mud hen worker

Got back to the trailer and see everyone laughing and a shiny new
*WHITE* hard hat sitting on my desk...with the 2 way radio, antenna &
hearing protectors built in...inside that plant...white hats were managers...

PS...had the foreman order everyone new hard hats with built in 2 way
radio, antenna, hearing protectors...wanted my guys to not have to
have one hand busy with the radio while only one had could 'work'...
-Ben Picture of my rig
1996 GMC SLT Suburban 3/4 ton K3500/7.4L/4:1/+150Kmiles orig owner...
1980 Chevy Silverado C10/long bed/"BUILT" 5.7L/3:73/1 ton helper springs/+329Kmiles, bought it from dad...
1998 Mazda B2500 (1/2 ton) pickup, 2nd owner...
Praise Dyno Brake equiped and all have "nose bleed" braking!
Previous trucks/offroaders: 40's Jeep restored in mid 60's / 69 DuneBuggy (approx +1K lb: VW pan/200hpCorvair: eng, cam, dual carb'w velocity stacks'n 18" runners, 4spd transaxle) made myself from ground up / 1970 Toyota FJ40 / 1973 K5 Blazer (2dr Tahoe, 1 ton axles front/rear, +255K miles when sold it)...
Sold the boat (looking for another): Trophy with twin 150's...
51 cylinders in household, what's yours?...