cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fast Gun locks

work2much
Explorer
Explorer
For those who use Torklift fast guns do you also use their locks? No locks? Other type of locks?
2022 Ram 3500 Laramie CTD DRW Crew 4x4 Aisin 4:10 Air ride.

2020 Grand Design Solitude 2930RL 2520 watts solar. 600ah lithium. Magnum 4000 watt inverter.
32 REPLIES 32

Kayteg1
Explorer II
Explorer II
SidecarFlip wrote:
As a personal rule, I'd never go to Mexico. Life is cheap down there. I'd rather camp in downtown Chicago.

Sounds like you have no idea how those locations work at all.
When in Baja, we did not lock our RV going on the beach and several times slept with doors and windows wide open.
Than driving via Cicero in Chicago we check that all our door pegs are down and glass all the way up.

SidecarFlip
Explorer III
Explorer III
As a personal rule, I'd never go to Mexico. Life is cheap down there. I'd rather camp in downtown Chicago.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

bighatnohorse
Explorer II
Explorer II
When Fastguns first came out, I bought a set of four HITCHpin locks at HomeDepot for cheap.
I think Torklift bought the rights to that particular lock. Can't find them at retail anymore.

Walmart carries hitch pin locks. Probably best price too.

There's a lot of theft in Mexico (around BIG cities) - best to have everything secure. Or stay home.

(on edit: to clarify reality for the xenophobes)
2021 Arctic Fox 1150
'15 F350 6.7 diesel dually long bed
Eagle Cap Owners
โ€œThe best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity."
-Yeats

stevenal
Nomad
Nomad
Bedlam wrote:
I still think they would end up being sold for scrap rather than used on another camper.

And at today's prices, they'll get 40 cents per pound for the stainless ones. https://www.capitalscrapmetal.com/prices/ Lots of Fastguns needed for a fix. https://www.havocscope.com/black-market-prices/meth-prices/
'18 Bigfoot 1500 Torklifts and Fastguns
'17 F350 Powerstroke Supercab SRW LB 4X4

JumboJet
Explorer
Explorer
Kayteg1 wrote:
Reading the title

A brick is a lot cheaper than that.

10 + 1!

JumboJet
Explorer
Explorer
I have never figured out WHY?

Is there a great problem of those Happijac users stealing the Fastguns?

SidecarFlip
Explorer III
Explorer III
stevenal wrote:
sbryan@vtbryans.com wrote:
Have the Fastguns but no locks. Have thought about it but the camper is so seldom unattended I haven't bothered. Probably I'm too trusting.

Me too. Seems like a limited market for those wanting to fence them, and it would take a particularly evil one to leave someone stranded that way.

So I ask the alternate question. Who has had turnbuckles of any brand stolen?So I ask the alternate question. Who has had turnbuckles of any brand stolen?

Speaking for myself, I've never had anything stolen while camping anywhere. I find for the most part that people rend to keep their hands off my stuff. Could be the NRA sticker in my widow and the IDPA sticker, not sure.
2015 Backpack SS1500

thedavidzoo
Explorer II
Explorer II
to sell them on ebay, etc?
2014 Ram 3500 CrewCab Diesel DRW 4x4 4.10 Aisin, Torklift Fastguns, Upper Stableloads, Timbrens
2017 Northstar 12' STC
640W solar, 400Ah lithium LiFeMnPO4 batteries

SidecarFlip
Explorer III
Explorer III
Bedlam wrote:
I am more worried about a drug addict stealing my FastGuns for scrap metal than malicious intent or an attempt to steal the camper.

At the current per ton rate for scrap steel, they aren't worth much, maybe a buck or 2..
2015 Backpack SS1500

Bedlam
If you ever had to use manual turnbuckles verses FastGuns, I could see the motivation. I look at the truck camper community as small percentage of the RV population and even smaller percentage of the general population - I don't think most people would even know what these turnbuckles are or how much they cost. I still think they would end up being sold for scrap rather than used on another camper.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

work2much
Explorer
Explorer
stevenal wrote:
Have the Fastguns but no locks. Have thought about it but the camper is so seldom unattended I haven't bothered. Probably I'm too trusting.

Me too. Seems like a limited market for those wanting to fence them, and it would take a particularly evil one to leave someone stranded that way.

So I ask the alternate question. Who has had turnbuckles of any brand stolen?

I think it's more likely they would be taken to be used by the thief. Someone who wants them but doesn't want to pay the high price. Probably someone who already has turnbuckles.
2022 Ram 3500 Laramie CTD DRW Crew 4x4 Aisin 4:10 Air ride.

2020 Grand Design Solitude 2930RL 2520 watts solar. 600ah lithium. Magnum 4000 watt inverter.

Bedlam
I am more worried about a drug addict stealing my FastGuns for scrap metal than malicious intent or an attempt to steal the camper.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

stevenal
Nomad
Nomad

So I ask the alternate question. Who has had turnbuckles of any brand stolen?
'18 Bigfoot 1500 Torklifts and Fastguns
'17 F350 Powerstroke Supercab SRW LB 4X4

Kayteg1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Reading the title