cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fencing

Hunterred
Explorer
Explorer
Does anybody have or use some type of temporary fence around the campsite to contain young kids 1-2 years old and smaller dogs? We don't have a seasonal lot we typically camp for 3-7 days at a time so it needs to be temporary and easily set up and storable in the back of the truck. I'd love to hear some suggestions.

Thanks
23 REPLIES 23

TucsonJim
Explorer
Explorer
Hunterred wrote:
TucsonJim wrote:
I certainly understand your desire to use some fencing for safety purposes. Not only will fencing keep your children and dogs in a confined area, but it may keep another dog from having easy access to them. I guess those folks commenting above don't have a lot of experience with kids and don't know that even if you're outside with them, they can take off very quickly and get into trouble before you can even catch them. Personally, I'd rather they be confined behind a fence instead of charging after a toy or ball and being on a campground road in a blink of an eye.

We use two of these to make an 8x8 pen for our doggie when we're allowed to use it. Of course, when the dog is outside in her pen, we are outside with her to make sure she doesn't start barking.

Exercise Pen.

Thanks for the reply, I am looking for a containment for dogs and kids for exactly that reason. Not to be neglectful but so that I can at least cook on the BBQ without them standing under it or touching it when hot. I had no idea I would get scolded or accosted with such a simple request.

There are lots of busybodies and "keep off my grass" type folks here who like to chastise others without knowing the facts. I call them the Gladys Kravitz type.
2016 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4
2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
2013 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4 (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)
2014 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer
Hunterred wrote:
TucsonJim wrote:
I certainly understand your desire to use some fencing for safety purposes. Not only will fencing keep your children and dogs in a confined area, but it may keep another dog from having easy access to them. I guess those folks commenting above don't have a lot of experience with kids and don't know that even if you're outside with them, they can take off very quickly and get into trouble before you can even catch them. Personally, I'd rather they be confined behind a fence instead of charging after a toy or ball and being on a campground road in a blink of an eye.

We use two of these to make an 8x8 pen for our doggie when we're allowed to use it. Of course, when the dog is outside in her pen, we are outside with her to make sure she doesn't start barking.

Exercise Pen.

Thanks for the reply, I am looking for a containment for dogs and kids for exactly that reason. Not to be neglectful but so that I can at least cook on the BBQ without them standing under it or touching it when hot. I had no idea I would get scolded or accosted with such a simple request.
I think it was less scolding and accosting and more informational letting you know that many parks (mine included) do not allow any type of fencing or pens for any reason. Some people expanded on that information by giving some of the reasons fencing and penning would be prohibited.

Hunterred
Explorer
Explorer
TucsonJim wrote:

Exercise Pen.

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
IF the RV park allows a temporary fence they would be of the pet proof variety I suspect. Make sure it pegs into the ground.

TucsonJim
Explorer
Explorer

Exercise Pen.
2016 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4
2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
2013 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4 (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)
2014 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

Mr__Camper
Explorer
Explorer
lots2seeinmyrv wrote:
Most RV parks do not allow fencing.

Most campgrounds expect the parents to watch the kids and keep the dogs on a leash. Your camping neighbors will expect the same.
Mr. Camper
Mrs. Camper
Fuzzy Kids = Tipper(RIP), PoLar(RIP), Ginger, Pasha
2013 Open Range Light; 274ORLS
2004 Dodge Ram Turbo Diesel
Retired and love spending the kid's inheritance

pfidahospud
Explorer
Explorer
I use this Plastic Garden Fence with Step In Fence Posts for portable fencing for my chickens at home. I don't know why something similar wouldn't work for small dogs. I'm not so sure about the kid containment though.

lots2seeinmyrv
Explorer
Explorer
Most RV parks do not allow fencing.