cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

First camper brought home

FFWyatt
Explorer
Explorer
Last night we brought home our first travel trailer. It's a 2010 Jayco Jay Flight 22FB. Got it from a couple that was getting out of camping all together. This thing came with everything needed to head out besides food. We are very excited and are leaving on our first trip Thursday to Cherokee NC.

Just need to get a good scrub down today and it shined right up. Only thing I do have to buy is a extended drop shank for the WD hitch. Here is a photo of the rig.

2010 Jayco Jay Flight 22FB
2004 Ford F350
18 REPLIES 18

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
hmknightnc wrote:
Congratulations and nice rig. Do yourself a favor before going on that long/far of a first trip. Go camping in your driveway for at least 1 night. Run all of the sytems to make sure you know how and that they all work. It'll take a lot of stress out of the first trip when something simple happens at home vice 100s of miles from home.

Then take a note book to write down any items/changes you want to make. Happy camping.
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

FFWyatt
Explorer
Explorer
I have been going up there with the extended family for many years now. It's a great place for camping. Been using tents or staying in other family campers. Very excited to be able to use my own camper.
2004 Ford F350

modern_family
Explorer
Explorer
Nice set-up.. Have a great time. What a great location for your first trip!
2017.. Prime Time Avenger. 32QBI

His.. 2011 F-350, King Ranch, 6.2L. Crew Cab, 4x4, 8' bed, SRW, 11,000 GVWR

Hers..2008 Ford Expedition, King Ranch Heavy Duty Tow, 3.73 gears

Sold.. 2005 Star craft, Travel Star 18SB

Sold.. 2013 Keystone Laredo, 291

FFWyatt
Explorer
Explorer
So this morning I hooked up the water and ran everything. No leaks and the water flows great. Water heater fired right up and the fridge became nice and chilli. Ran both on city water and holding tank. After all the air was removed the pump quieted down a bunch.

Ecoast the steps are n-fab. They work very well for entering the truck but can be a little tricky getting out. The wife doesn't really like them.
2004 Ford F350

ecoast
Explorer
Explorer
congrats.

what brand are your truck's side steps, please?
07 5.9 CTD & 2000 Northstar Laredo TC towing 87 Samurai ORV on dual axle trailer

dodgerdog
Explorer
Explorer
very nice... You will be happy and have lots of fun with it congrads!!!!!

LeBout
Explorer
Explorer
You're gonna love the Jayco! Be sure and turn everything on make sure it all works as expected before leaving and have a great time!
2020 Heartland Wilderness 2500RL
2013 Ford F-150 3.5L Eccoboost Supercrew 4x4, Max tow package
2 Honda 2000 watt Generators
Eastern Oregon, USA

Our Trailer
Our Floorplan
Days camped so far in 2020: 0

opnspaces
Navigator II
Navigator II
I like it. I've been thinking about downsizing a bit but wanted to keep a bed that didn't have to be broken down every morning.

Congratulations on the new trailer. ๐Ÿ™‚
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

Mark_and_Linda
Explorer
Explorer
Nice trailer, like it has been mentioned, run everything in the driveway before heading out. If the water heater and things don't have screens on them, little critters sometimes get in there and plugged up the lines. I try to run everything on mine every so often to do an ops check of things.
Mark

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
Nice find, go have fun
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

Locky
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats on the purchase. We bought our Jay flight new in 06 and still love it as if it was our first day with it.

69_Avion
Explorer
Explorer
That is a nice looking setup. I'll bet that it will tow great.
Ford F-350 4x4 Diesel
1988 Avion Triple Axle Trailer
1969 Avion C-11 Camper

FFWyatt
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the kind words and advice. Yes, the FB stands for front bed. Here is the floorplan.

http://www.jayco.com/g/db/model_floorplans_pic_2262.jpg
2004 Ford F350

Doug33
Explorer
Explorer
Does FB stand for front bunk? Just curious what the floorplan looks like. Congrats!
2014 Keystone Bullet 281BHS
2002 Chevy Avalanche 5.3L 4x4
Equalizer hitch
Nights spent camping in 2015: 25
Next trip: mid-April 2016?