Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Trip with our "New to Us" Hybrid

Front_Range
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Folks,

The weather warmed up enough for us to use our HTT for the first time a week or so ago. We took it to Moab, UT from Aurora, CO and had a great time. We stayed at the Moab KOA so we could have the necessary amenities if our HTT was lacking anything.

Aside from loading and dewinterizing it we had done little to prepare beyond safety items like a brake controller, new tires and overall tightening and such so we didn't know what we'd find working vs not working. The best news was everything worked, not w/o a bit of fiddling around but the fridge, stove, bathroom, miscrowave, water, furnace, hot water heater, etc which was good since it got as cold as 26° which was a bit nippy to say the least!

We stayed for 8 days and only 1 incident has me concerned. One very windy night the propane alarm sounded. I'm not attributing it to the wind yet but hoping that was the cause. Any insight would be appreciated!
Chris
2012 KZ Sportsmen Classic 19SBT Hybrid
2005 Toyota 4Runner
7 REPLIES 7

3LittleDucks
Explorer
Explorer
Interesting, we just got a new (to us) HTT and the LPG detector has gone off a few times in the wee hours of the morning..it is over 5 years old though and should probably be replaced.
2008 Nissan Armada TV
2007 Trail Cruiser 21RBH HTT

harmanrk
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like a wonderful first outing, except for the alarm.
2017 Ford F250 CC-SB SRW PSD
2013 Solaire 190x

Front_Range
Explorer
Explorer
it took me a long time to get back to this! Thanks Ray, I suspect your experience will prove to be my issue too. My 10 year old HTT appears to be pretty much original all the way around.
Chris
2012 KZ Sportsmen Classic 19SBT Hybrid
2005 Toyota 4Runner

RandK-M
Explorer
Explorer
My propane/CO detector started going off occasionally in the early morning around daybreak. In my case I pulled it out and found that the detector has an expiration date and mine was past. If I remember correctly, it only had something like a 3 year life span.

I replaced it and haven't had an issue since.

Ray
Jayco 17Z
Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Prodigy P2
Equal-i-zer Hitch
US Navy Veteran

Valkyriebush
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thats a nice set up you got. Your good to go!
Command Master Chief (AW) USN, (ret)
2003 Fleetwood Excursion 330 Turbo Cat 39D
2000 Jeep GC
2005 Big Ruckus (Rides Behind Jeep)
2003 VTX 1800

Wizfisher
Explorer
Explorer
Very nice and congrats on a successful maiden voyage.
2012 Starcraft Travelstar 229TB

Hoosierdaddy47
Explorer
Explorer
Glad it went well! Good call on the KOA. My propane detector went off once, but I think it was because my battery went too low.
2004 Antigua 215 SB
2006 Durango Adventurer Hemi
Tekonsha Prodigy P3
DW-Indeterminate age
DD-16
DS-13
Olivia-Torkie
Balthazar-Italian Greyhound
Check my group (NOT page!) on Facebook-Hybrid Travel Trailer Camping